PDA

View Full Version : Reward: 20 000 dollars in Gold to anyone who catches Ron Paul in a lie

Robert Champeau
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
hello all,

I am new to this site, posting here for the first time.

Been thinking of a great idea to raise awareness of Ron Paul. I am willing to offer 20 000 dollars in Gold to anyone who can show anywhere that Ron Paul lied or flip-flopped in the last 30 years. Would like to setup a website for this, and take donations which would raise the reward even higher. If the reward cannot be claimed by, say 1 June of next year, then all the money goes to Ron.

I don't want to go into all the details here and now, but I feel that I have them all pretty well worked out.

As I am an American living overseas, in Munich, Germany, I need some help getting the site developed in the States. Also, I would need some reliable people there to run the bank account for the donations, set up credit card payments, and so on, and so on.

Any help would be deeply, deeply appreciated.

Thanks

dannno
10-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Death penalty.

I'll PM you my info for where to send the gold.

Thanks.

dannno
10-25-2011, 02:06 PM
He also had a more open borders policy back in 1988, before NAFTA really caused a huge influx in immigration due to our government forcing Mexico to change their Constitution which put a lot of the land that belonged to agrarian villages and communities into the hands of big multi-national corporations.

anewvoice
10-25-2011, 02:07 PM
It'as easy to answer the question when there was only 1 change in 30 years. :)

dannno
10-25-2011, 02:08 PM
But seriously, it's a good idea, his principles really haven't changed at all and he is unique to all other politicians in D.C. imo.

But there are some small issues like these that you might have to consider in your proposal.

Also, there may have been a time where he accidentally mis-spoke and gave a bad statistic that somebody might latch onto or something along those lines.

PastaRocket848
10-25-2011, 02:12 PM
yeah i would modify that a bit. hell you could go back to the last debate and pick out a "lie" in the technical sense (the "ignorant" comment). you'd have to be careful about how you word it.

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Death penalty.

I'll PM you my info for where to send the gold.

Thanks.

that isn't a flip flop, he got new information. What Danno is referring to was that after seeing so many incorrect verdicts overturned with the introduction of DNA evidence, coupled with the fact that poor minorities are given the death penalty so much more often than whites, Ron changed his personal view on the death penalty. He still thinks it is a state matter, except for federal crimes, though.

I think you'd better restrict it to lying - and not white lies of the 'you look beautiful to me' variety.

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 02:15 PM
yeah i would modify that a bit. hell you could go back to the last debate and pick out a "lie" in the technical sense (the "ignorant" comment). you'd have to be careful about how you word it.

Name a lie from the last debate. There wasn't one. And lies are knowing falsehoods.

And Cain said Ron's supporters were asking 'stupid questions'. 'Ignorant' was a kind restatement.

lucent
10-25-2011, 02:16 PM
I would say it is a bad idea. Anyone can misspeak and then it's classified as a lie.

Kodaddy
10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Didn't he once say that Americans were smart?

V3n
10-25-2011, 02:20 PM
First: Nobody's perfect, I doubt the sincerity of this thread, but it may lead to good discussion.

Second: When he sent the mail saying he stood for 40 minutes straight in the last debate without talking. (which I personally believe was a miscommunication or misundertanding of what he was trying to say) - but there it is, a lot of people call this false. So I win the gold?

Guitarzan
10-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Yes, the definition of what a "lie" would be in the political realm would be tough to discern.

Maybe could be more along the lines of 'name a time when Ron Paul has been wrong'.

Cowlesy
10-25-2011, 02:29 PM
hello all,

I am new to this site, posting here for the first time.

Been thinking of a great idea to raise awareness of Ron Paul. I am willing to offer 20 000 dollars in Gold to anyone who can show anywhere that Ron Paul lied or flip-flopped in the last 30 years. Would like to setup a website for this, and take donations which would raise the reward even higher. If the reward cannot be claimed by, say 1 June of next year, then all the money goes to Ron.

I don't want to go into all the details here and now, but I feel that I have them all pretty well worked out.

As I am an American living overseas, in Munich, Germany, I need some help getting the site developed in the States. Also, I would need some reliable people there to run the bank account for the donations, set up credit card payments, and so on, and so on.

Thanks

Sorry, but this sounds as credible as:

Dear friend,
I hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I decided to contact you directly for sake of business. My name Mr Alain Moubah, there is one of our customers that made fix deposit for 7 fiscal years upon maturity; I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After some months, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his business partner he passed away after brief illness in his country. I tried everything humanly possible to locate his relatives but all efforts failed. The deposit is still intact with my bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year.

If this fund still remains dormant in the next couple of months the fund will be confiscated into the government treasury as unclaimed fund. It is these reason's that I have seek for your urgent and sincere help to get this fund transferred into your bank account, a bank account in any part of the world can facilitate the transfer.
All that is required of you is to contact my bank with the information’s that I will send to you as the next of kin or business associate of the depositor with this the fund will be paid into any bank account that you will provide.
To be honest with you, this transaction I have opened-up to you is totally genuine and 100% risk-free. But the secret must remain between me and you, I am assuring you because I have been working with this bank for many years, hence I know all its secrets very well and I have carefully mapped-out my perfect strategies to carry out this transaction successfully. The depositor is my very close friend and I was his personal financial adviser before his death, that being the main reason why I alone working in the bank here, know much about the existence of this fund and the secrets and the depositor. We shall also use part of the fund to help the orphanage, people in the street and the less privilege children in the world. Please keep this proposal as a top secret between both of us, and delete it immediately in your email box, if you are not interested. But if you are interested get back to immediately.
I wait for your response.
Mr Alain Moubah.

ctiger2
10-25-2011, 02:30 PM
A change of an opinion is not a lie.

lucent
10-25-2011, 02:33 PM
The best thing you can do for the campaign is donate, and support grassroots projects you think will help, and then get your boots on the ground and help.

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 02:34 PM
He also had a more open borders policy back in 1988, before NAFTA really caused a huge influx in immigration due to our government forcing Mexico to change their Constitution which put a lot of the land that belonged to agrarian villages and communities into the hands of big multi-national corporations.

that wasn't a flip flop. He supported Reagan but the results of the Reagan amnesty made him not support anything like that again. But that isn't a flip flop. Chain migration and other developments from the Reagan amnesty are what demonstrated the problems with amnesty. The GOP generally supported Reagan back then. His votes have been consistent.

LawnWake
10-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Then there's also the Ron Paul who speaks his mind ideologically and is more of a voluntaryist and then there's the pragmatic one, who is a conservative.

I wouldn't do it. >.>

HeyArchie
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
http://www.spam.com/ASSETS/0EE75B480E5B450F807117E06219CDA6/spamReg.png

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
First: Nobody's perfect, I doubt the sincerity of this thread, but it may lead to good discussion.

Second: When he sent the mail saying he stood for 40 minutes straight in the last debate without talking. (which I personally believe was a miscommunication or misundertanding of what he was trying to say) - but there it is, a lot of people call this false. So I win the gold?

Yeah. My thoughts are:

A. this thread may be exactly what they seem to be

B. Someone may be digging for dirt on Ron to use against him by trying to start a discussion of lies and flip flops amongst those who know him best,
C. someone pmd me saying it might be a scam. Not sure how, but could be, I suppose.

Fact is, Ron is pretty much driven snow. I'm confident your gold would be safe if you hinge delivery on something morally wrong, rather than an error or something.

emr1028
10-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Don't Ask Don't Tell. Can I get my gold now?

Deborah K
10-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Sorry, but this sounds as credible as:

LOL, you beat me to it.

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 02:42 PM

HE didn't say that. He was interviewed and said they were fair. His campaign sent it under his name, and I have no idea what was going through their heads.

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Don't Ask Don't Tell. Can I get my gold now?

again, not a flip, he had thought it was a nonfraternization rule and got more information, that it was enforced as a status crime.

OK, I'm closing this thread.

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 02:45 PM
//

Robert Champeau
10-25-2011, 11:52 PM
hello all.

I have a great idea that will help raise awareness of Ron Paul, his honesty and integrity, and raise money for his campaign.

I would like to offer 20 000 dollars in gold, to anyone who can prove that Ron Paul lied or flip flopped since being in congress.

The idea is to offer this on a special website, where we can take donations to raise this 'reward' even higher. When no one can win by 1 June of next year, then all the money goes to Ron.

I am an Ameriican living in Munich, Germany. Do not know how to set up a website, and it must be a slick looking one. I need help with this. Also would need some people in the states to handle the donations, help judge the 'contest', and so on.

ronnilingus
10-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Ron Paul has changed his point of view on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-now/2010/05/ron_paul_constituents_changed.html

He also voted for the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act in 2003, even though he has always said the federal government has no place in deciding whether abortion should be legal or illegal at a federal level.

I believe he has also changed his view on capital punishment at the federal level. I remember it being addressed in The Revolution: A Manifesto.

amy31416
10-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Deja vu or something along those lines.

Icymudpuppy
10-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Bad idea. If RP makes a mistake on the exact date of some legislation, or the exact dollar amount of some program, it'll be called a lie.

ronnilingus
10-26-2011, 10:29 AM
so when should i expect my 20k's worth of gold?

willwash
10-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Bad idea. This type of thing can end up badly. David Irving (disclaimer, I do not support Irving in any way except for his right to free speech) did this and publicly offered a large reward for anyone who could produce a document directly linking Hitler to the Holocaust (The assumption is that all of his orders on that subject were oral or that his intentions were simply understood). He ended up getting sued and forced to pay the reward as well as punitive damages.

Jake Ralston
10-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Fantastic idea! Do it bro.

Who here can design this man a website worthy of displaying 20k in gold?

Icymudpuppy
10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Fantastic idea! Do it bro.

Who here can design this man a website worthy of displaying 20k in gold?

First off, $20,000 in gold is only 13 one ounce coins.

Secondly, Ron Paul while honest, is not always 100% truthful. This is because he is human and makes factual errors. One of his favorite quotes is the number of bases in foreign countries. He quotes a number that assumes that munitions caches, and vacant airstrips for emergency landings are "bases" which is not 100% accurate under the definition of a base. That kind of thing he can be called out on. Also, if he makes even small errors, such as says "trillions" when he means "billions". Ends up with bad publicity and hurts our man's pocketbook.

Jake Ralston
10-26-2011, 11:34 AM
This is because he is human and makes factual errors. One of his favorite quotes is the number of bases in foreign countries. He quotes a number that assumes that munitions caches, and vacant airstrips for emergency landings are "bases" which is not 100% accurate under the definition of a base. That kind of thing he can be called out on. Also, if he makes even small errors, such as says "trillions" when he means "billions". Ends up with bad publicity and hurts our man's pocketbook.

Look man, I don't mean to call you out I got enough problems with people on this forum as it is. But allow me to make the distinction between a deliberate lie and an honest error in speach or technicalities. This kind of bet needs to have guidelines set forth so the bottomfeeders don't get anything to eat if you catch my drift bro.

Icymudpuppy
10-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Look man, I don't mean to call you out I got enough problems with people on this forum as it is. But allow me to make the distinction between a deliberate lie and an honest error in speach or technicalities. This kind of bet needs to have guidelines set forth so the bottomfeeders don't get anything to eat if you catch my drift bro.

The problem is, even if such guidelines are set to protect your gold, it can still result in bad press. Imagine this headline "Ron Paul caught lying about number of US foreign military bases." followed by this summary: "Campaign staffers refuse to acknowledge the disinformation, 'Catch Paul in a Lie' contestant sues grassroots for error."