PDA

View Full Version : The upcoming debate

cujothekitten
06-14-2007, 09:52 PM
So the youtube/Cnn debate will be coming up shortly and users are able to upload video questions for the candidates. I was thinking that since we have so many youtubers that post here maybe we could all come up with some really tough questions for the candidates. We have the numbers, might as well swamp them with videos.

Now the questions shouldn't all be directed at Ron Paul, we need some for the others out there. I think we should work together to come up with some really stellar questions and make an effort to really engage these guys. What are some really good and deep questions so we can put out some great videos that will get played?

Also Thompson plans on announcing on July 4th (:rolls eyes:) so he'll probably be at the next debate.

Quantumystic
06-14-2007, 10:00 PM
A starter:

"Mr. Giuliani...

Given that your choice to house the NY Security facility in WTC-7 was so bad, and the fact you were repeatedly advised to choose a different location, and the results of that poor choice... WHY should Americans believe you'll be any more successful at Leadership in stopping another 9/11? Haven't you already demonstrated w/ horrific consequence that your Leadership sucks?"

Spirit of '76
06-14-2007, 10:00 PM
In another thread, someone suggest (as part of a joke) asking about Dr. Paul having called Giuliani an "authoritarian" on MSNBC's Tucker.

I think a question posed to either Dr. Paul or Giuliani on this would be good.

BLS
06-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I think it's fair to say that Guliani and Fred Thompson are the 2 candidates 'we' have to worry about....and in my opinion, WHEN Fred Thompson runs...he'll be the one we have to look out for.

Personally, I think everyone see's through Romney.
I don't think anybody but McCain himself thinks he's sane anymore. I mean, props to him for all he's been through, and lived to tell about, and I highly respect the man...but he's a couple fries short of a Happy Meal.

The others IMO have no chance. They are ALL repeats of each other. Paul provides the ONLY real differences between all 10 other (including Freddy T) candidates.

I would think that we would need to discredit Ghouliani (shouldn't be tough), and find a very strong seperation between Paul and Thompson (which would likely be the war). Problem is...he may actually sell it to the people that the war is still necessary (there are alot of sheep out there).

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 10:26 PM
On matters large and small, Mayor Rudolph Giuliani seems deaf to free-speech concerns. For more than a year, the mayor has imposed tight restrictions on the use of New York's City Hall steps for public demonstrations, ostensibly for security reasons.

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/013543.html

Rudy hates the first amendment and the second amendment.

Freddy Kruger, I mean Fred Thompson, hates the first amendment too.

Fred Thompson appears not to think as highly of the First Amendment as he does the Second. He voted for both the McCain-Feingold and Shays-Meehan campaign finance "reform" measures -- gross perversions and restrictions of free speech rights.

Government should regulate politics, Thompson believes -- what is said, when it's said and how much of it can be said. It's outrageous.

Although, he might have changed his mind. (Flip-flopper?)

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/s_510738.html

cujothekitten
06-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Maybe we can field a question about McCain-Feingold for Thompson... or why he decided to lobby for the ex-president of Haiti.

scbissler
06-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I would think asking Giuliani if he has read the 9/11 Commission Report would be a good place to start.

MsDoodahs
06-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Time to start looking for stuff they've said in the past.

Remember that thread with the quotes from Rudy G on freedom means submitting to authority? I would like to hear him explain what he meant by that in more detail. :)

Silverback
06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Thompsons big weakness is that he's already lost the general.

He's just got too many links to the current administration.

I know we're all huge fans of Dr. Paul, and the message is going to continue to build momentum in support and fundraising and that's vital. He'll pick up a lot of support from other candidates and from the huge pool of disenchanted folks that don't vote because they're sick to death of both parties.

The event that will change the landscape is when the GOP strategists, pundits, and primary voters face the stark reality that none of the frontrunners can win the general election.

We'll build enough support to make Dr. Paul a "first tier" candidate, the calculus that wins him the nomination will be when it becomes clear that he, and only he, has a chance to beat the Democratic nominee.

Even Hannity will change his tune then.

52% to 31% voters would prefer a Democratic president to a Republican. If the election were today and the undecideds split the GOP would lose the popular vote by 20 points. Thompson will lose every battleground state but TN.

When that sinks in, and people realize their only real choice is Dr. Paul in the WH with a Democratic congress or the Dems controlling all the levers of power like what we had with the Republicans for six years things are really going to get interesting.