PDA

View Full Version : When someone asks 'who is Ron Paul?', what's the best reply?

Delivered4000
05-17-2007, 07:20 PM
I know this sounds similar the other thread I made, but should you use an optimistic attention getter like "He's the next president of the United States." or should I just re-direct him to ronpaul2008.com. What do you think?

Melchior
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Be honest, say he is a classic Republican who is opposed to the modern Republican foreign policy. Emphasize that he is in favor of the free market, more so than any other candidate since he belongs to the Austrian school, and he respects individual liberty and personal responsibility. If you feel the need to mention it say he is pro-life and for secure borders, but at the same time he is in favor of constitutional principle, so his methods are more rational and unique.

Then direct them to his website.:D

JoshLowry
05-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Reposting from another thread... This will take a bit of memorization on your part, that's part of the job if you're going to spread the word though.

If you would like to memorize a few things, here are a few good talking points:
He's never voted to raise taxes.
He's never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He promises to never abuse Habeas Corpus
He is pro-privacy.
He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war (NOTE: Paul is the ONLY Republican candidate to vote against Iraq.)You may want to remind them Ron Paul wants to:
Bring our troops home from Iraq & end the war
Secure our borders from terrorism
Stop the illegal immigration & no amnesty for illegal immigrants (Unlike Bush who wants to reward the law breakers.)
Get rid of the IRS for fairer taxes for you
Limit big government in your private affairs & lives
Trusts the internet over the mainstream media

Gabecpa
05-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Reposting from another thread, this will take a bit of memorization on your part, that's part of the job if you're going to spread the word though.

If you would like to memorize a few things, here are a few good talking points:
He's never voted to raise taxes.
He's never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He promises to never abuse Habeas Corpus
He is pro-privacy.
He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war (NOTE: Paul is the ONLY Republican candidate to vote against Iraq.)

That's what I say, and I make sure they realize he is in his 10th term. That's an 18+ year track record.

Andrew76
05-17-2007, 07:47 PM
I sometimes worry about over selling it, y'know? I have to focus my uber-excitement even about the possibility of Ron Paul becoming president. I think a simple answer would do, something like, "Ron Paul is the man I plan on voting for." Other person, "Really? What's he about?" Me, "How much time do you have?"
Also, if your questioner has the time, ask them about the issues that are most important to them, then respond with Paul's position. If they say, (if only it was always this easy) "Well, the Iraq war for one thing. I think it's an embarassment, and we need to get out." You can then rattle off as much or all that you know about Paul's position. I think this works especially well if you're trying to persuade someone. Instead of talking about issues that may not be important to them, or important enough to change their mind, or reach them in the right way, you can let them tell you what's important to them and then you can jump right in. However, I can hardly think of a single position of Ron Paul's that is not absolutely fundamental to how we live. Hell, it's all important to me. :)

4Horsemen
05-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Here's a novel idea, tell them to use Google. Stop asking to be spoon feed and investigate for yourself. Stop watching stupid TV shows, try reading sometime.

shahram72
05-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Well, after the second debates, I would ask them if they live under a rock. And then if they claim to have some knowledge I would accuse them of being too busy watching 24 to be interested in the future of their country. The last guy I spoke to about Ron Paul was more concerned about taxes going up than anything else. Which, of course, Ron Paul is perfect for, but people think so small sometimes. I was insulted. It's like his pocketbook was more important than anything else, including all the dead people from the Iraq war on both sides. Amazing. I'll try him again.

CountryB4Party
05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Ron Paul is truly the "Man of the People"...or even better the "President of the People".

It has been an extremely long time since Americans have been able, with honesty and integrity, to bestow that title upon anyone.

Country before Party. Vote the Issues.
Ron Paul for President 2008