PDA

View Full Version : Do Higher Taxes Equal Reinvestment And Jobs or is this article just a Liberal lie ?

usa200763
10-25-2011, 08:31 PM
What Conservatives Won’t Tell You: Higher Taxes Equal Reinvestment And Jobs

September 20, 2011
By Ray Medeiros

This is one of the reasons President Clinton had a booming economy. He raised taxes on the wealthy. Rather than pay the higher tax rate by extracting profits for personal use and having it sit on the sidelines, they re-invested it, creating a chain reaction of jobs.

What we are seeing today is lower taxes leading to owners extracting money rather than reinvesting it. The cash sits on the sidelines in bank accounts, or in their wallets. So let’s raise taxes, and “force” this idle cash back into businesses for reinvestment and create the jobs this country needs.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/higher-taxes-jobs

GeorgiaAvenger
10-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Welcome

Cutlerzzz
10-25-2011, 08:44 PM
You are the worst troll I have ever seen. I'm not saying most annoying, I'm saying that you suck at trolling. A solid troll would come on to the Ron Paul Forums and get into arguments over the tax rate, calling for higher taxes. A good troll would sound like he is not even trolling, and he would easily get 20 page threads on this topic every time. You just post a bunch of nonsense. By the 3rd time you started this thread, several months back, it was obvious that you were trolling on all of these accounts. Nobody even bothers responding anymore.

pcosmar
10-25-2011, 08:54 PM
You are the worst troll I have ever seen.

Prolific and persistent. How many names is this now?

Cutlerzzz
10-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Prolific and persistent. How many names is this now?No idea, but he needs a new routine. It's obvious who it is after the first post. The banhammer is coming shortly, I would imagine.

AlexMerced
10-25-2011, 09:01 PM
There are studies that show if you threaten higher taxes down the road, people will pull forward future purchases and vice versa (lower unemployment and raising interest rates from less savings)... but that's just manipulating behavior and doesn't make the fundamentals of the economy stronger unless manufacturers understand what's going on and don't use the profits to completely replenish their inventories... but more often then not their not that clever and you just end up with a surplus of inventory later cause the profits from the pull forward activity replenishes the inventory they sold thinking that the increase in demand is sustainable just making the loss resources worse.

Just because a policy can make numbers look better sooner than letter doesn't mean anythings actually, better.

Although this does make a point of why a Ron Paul presidency may actually initially cause a drop in activity, cause some people may delay activity in anticipation of a tax decrease which is not a bad thing since those savings will be used to start more businesses with true low interest rates but in the short term there may be an increase in unemployment.

TastyWheat
10-25-2011, 10:01 PM
What we are seeing today is lower taxes leading to owners extracting money rather than reinvesting it. The cash sits on the sidelines in bank accounts, or in their wallets.
This statement is completely laughable. Do banks generate interest from deposits by having a leprechaun rub dollars together? Banks make money for depositors by loaning out their deposits (with interest) to entrepreneurs (you know, job creators) and investing that money in stocks and bonds. Government is only good at "reinvesting" other people's hard-earned money in pork barrel projects and lining the pockets of their friends and paying it back to campaign donors.

reillym
10-25-2011, 10:55 PM
OP is wrong, everyone knows Reagan and Bush lowered taxes on the rich and look at all the jobs they created.

Oh, wait....

DamianTV
10-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Clinton had a booming economy because he was partly responsible for the Deregulation of the Banks. When the Banks had less restrictions, they loaned more, thus people spent more. Although it created more debt and opened the doors to the Economic Crisis unraveling before us today, it was all an Illusion. The money wasnt real. It was borrowed. The money spent came from no where, and went back to nowhere taking some unfortunate souls with it. However, it paled in comparison to the Housing Bubble, and the soon to explode Student Loan Bubble.

Now, Im also noticing something slightly different. The OP has one total post, although several of us have already replied to the thread, which provided ample opportunity to reply and clarify. Posting one thread doesnt work too well on people who know the statements presented in the post to be contrary to what really happened.

jtstellar
10-26-2011, 12:32 AM
OP is wrong, everyone knows Reagan and Bush lowered taxes on the rich and look at all the jobs they created.

Oh, wait....

doesn't matter if you cut taxes if the credit is drying up or business environment favors china.. a simple tax cut outdoes all those factors, simpleton?

PreDeadMan
10-26-2011, 01:25 AM
I didn't read the article i'm kind of drunk but responding to the thread title... "Do Higher Taxes Equal Reinvestment And Jobs". I say a big HELL NO. As soon as you tax people that money could have been used to create more jobs instead it's stolen from the tax cattle to give to another group of people.it's the unseen with taxation and even that myth that war is great for the economy lol the broken window fallacy.