PDA

View Full Version : #1 US news story on news.google

sirachman
11-06-2007, 12:22 AM
link: http://news.google.com/?ned=us&topic=n

Primbs
11-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Great, we will start to move up in the polls.

Pharoah
11-06-2007, 07:33 AM
The link now goes to a blog where they dismiss the success. Typical.
At least there are better links below the main headline.

Mandrik
11-06-2007, 07:39 AM
The link now goes to a blog where they dismiss the success. Typical.
At least there are better links below the main headline.

When I read garbage like that I just can't wait for these bastards to eat crow. I'm willing to bet that at least 75% of people in the MSM will have an aneurysm when RP starts winning primaries. They won't be able to reference low poll #'s or spam bots.

BuddyRey
11-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Is this it?

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/11/ron_pauls_money_bomb_records_a.html

ladyliberty
11-06-2007, 07:49 AM
"But most of all, it’s people who look at the current field of leading presidential candidates, second-tier presidential candidates and even third-tier presidential candidates and say, none of the above."

Is "none of the above" better than "the lesser of two evils?"

At least they aren't calling us crabgrass anymore!!! :D

spivey378
11-06-2007, 07:58 AM
from the comments:

"Well, I never gave him money, but now that I read about him, I will.

The writer of this article has a rude and pre-biased tone, however, I feel he is mistaken. I just read a lot about Paul today, and am convinced that he is different than all the corporate owned candidates.

We shall see what happens, but i think with the media ignoring this guy until today, we are about to see him get a lot more support from uncounted folks like me."

"I can only speak from personal experience here, but I was introduced to Paul a month ago by a friend. I previously knew nothing about him, except for some vague impression that he was a kook. Now I am a supporter. Over the last two days, I introduced him to about dozen people. Most had never even heard of him, and these are people in the financial markets who are supposed to be on top of things. At least 5 of them contributed yesterday. His message resonates once people are actually introduced to it.

But you, the media, whose job presumably it is to introduce the candidates to the public, have completely botched the job. Nobody knows about Ron Paul, because you have not taken the time to do that, so your assumption that his reach is limited is ridiculous. In a mass media society, it's a fait accompli to say that a candidate has no support because you steadfastly refuse to discuss him.

35K new contributors yesterday. Key word, NEW. This is not the same people pushing the limits of their contributions, but new contributors who presumably have just learned of Paul in recent days. And if their passion in any way mirrors that of previous contributors, they in turn will educate other friends. It's just too bad the media has surrendered its responsibility in assisting that process."

Man from La Mancha
11-06-2007, 08:02 AM
I liked that phrase

fait accompli

Meaning

An accomplished fact; an action which is completed before those affected by it are in a position to query or reverse it.

Origin

The literal translation into English of this French phrase is a fact realized or accomplished - what might these days be called a done deal. Strangely, it entered the English language via a travelogue of Spain rather than France. Richard Ford's A hand-book for travellers in Spain (1845) was, and still is, regarded as a classic of travel writing. In it Ford included the phrase "This is now a fait accompli.", in regard of some previously decided fact.

In 1858, Sir William Stirling Maxwell wrote that "So great a literary achievement had never before been performed under so unpretending an appellation... it took its place among the best books of travel, humour, and history, social, literary, political, and artistic, in the English language".

smtwngrl
11-06-2007, 08:36 AM
from the comments:
"

Thanks for posting those comments. They are great.