PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan declares war on Obama’s class-warfare campaign

Miss Annie
10-25-2011, 05:58 PM
It's about dang time someone started hollering loudly!!

http://http://blog.american.com/2011/10/paul-ryan-declares-war-on-obamas-class-warfare-campaign/ (http://blog.american.com/2011/10/paul-ryan-declares-war-on-obamas-class-warfare-campaign/)

Paul Ryan declares war on Obama’s class-warfare campaign

By James Pethokoukis
October 25, 2011, 6:00 pm

A A A

He’s had enough. More than enough. In a high-voltage speech tomorrow at the Heritage Foundation, House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan will tear into President Barack Obama’s recent push to raise taxes on wealthier Americans—including entrepreneurs and small business—to pay for more government spending. It’s what a Ryan aide calls “the politics of division, pitting Americans against each other, preying on the emotions of fear and envy.”

Here are few choice bits of what Ryan is apparently going to say:

1. “Instead of working together where we agree, the president has opted for divisive rhetoric and the broken politics of the past. He is going from town to town, impugning the motives of Republicans, setting up straw men and scapegoats, and engaging in intellectually lazy arguments as he tries to build support for punitive tax hikes on job creators.

2. ”The House-passed budget was full of proposals to get rid of corporate welfare and crony capitalism. Why are tax dollars being wasted on bankrupt, politically connected solar energy firms? Why is Washington wasting your money on entrenched agribusiness? Why have we extended an endless supply of taxpayer credit to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, instead of demanding that their government guarantee be wound down and their taxpayer subsidies ended? … Rather than raising taxes and making it more difficult for Americans to become wealthy, let’s lower the amount of government spending the wealthy now receive … The politics of division have always struck me as odd: the eagerness to take more, combined with the refusal to subsidize less.

3. “Instead of appealing to the hope and optimism that were hallmarks of his first campaign, he has launched his second campaign by preying on the emotions of fear, envy, and resentment. This has the potential to be just as damaging as his misguided policies. Sowing social unrest and class resentment makes America weaker, not stronger. Pitting one group against another only distracts us from the true sources of inequity in this country—corporate welfare that enriches the powerful, and empty promises that betray the powerless.

4. “Instead of policies that make it harder for Americans to rise, let’s lower the hurdles to upward mobility. That’s what the American Idea is all about. In the midst of all the joys and sorrows of our everyday lives, I think we sometimes forget why America was considered such an exceptional nation at its Founding, and why it remains so. To me, the results of the Founders’ exceptional vision can be summed up in a single sentence: Throughout human history, the American Idea has done more to help the poor than any other economic system ever designed.

5. “Americans, guided by our ideals, have sacrificed everything to combat tyranny and brutal dictators; we’ve expanded opportunity, opened markets, and inspired others to resist oppression; we’ve exported innovation and imagination; and we’ve welcomed immigrants seeking a fresh start. Here in America—unlike most places on earth—all citizens have the right to rise.”

bluesc
10-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Shut up, Ryan. Paul should be chair of the committee on the budget, not this kid. If he were at all credible, he would submit a balanced budget.

Imaginos
10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Shut up, Ryan. Paul should be chair of the committee on the budget, not this kid. If he were at all credible, he would submit a balanced budget.
qft.

AGRP
10-25-2011, 08:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJBZYz858M

specsaregood
10-25-2011, 08:15 PM
He’s had enough. More than enough. In a high-voltage speech tomorrow at the Heritage Foundation, House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan will tear into President Barack Obama’s recent push to raise taxes on wealthier Americans—including entrepreneurs and small business—to pay for more government spending. It’s what a Ryan aide calls “the politics of division, pitting Americans against each other, preying on the emotions of fear and envy.”

Yeah, takes lots of guts and balls to give a "high voltage" speech at the heritage foundation. LOL. If he was a man; he'd go give his speech down at OWS, Peter Schiff style. wimp.

Miss Annie
10-25-2011, 08:17 PM
I understand and can agree with the points ya'll are making. But I am looking at the message that is being sent and maybe not necessarily the medium!

specsaregood
10-25-2011, 08:18 PM
I understand and can agree with the points ya'll are making. But I am looking at the message that is being sent and maybe not necessarily the medium!

Its all good. Just watch out, next week I'm going to go give a high voltage speech declaring war on weeds to my gardening club.

pcosmar
10-25-2011, 08:18 PM
It is not Obama's Class warfare.

It is the Globalist Bankers Warfare.

bluesc
10-25-2011, 08:20 PM

I understand, I just find it difficult to take a word seriously coming out of that mans mouth. He will be facing Rand in 2016 and he is doing everything he can to set himself up for it.

Welcome btw!

amy31416
10-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Its all good. Just watch out, next week I'm going to go give a high voltage speech declaring war on weeds to my gardening club.

Pfft. And meanwhile, you'll be growing "weeds" in your shed, which just happens to have an electrical cord running to it. You know, the one with the big lock?

Mmmm hmmm.

Oh, and PS--welcome Annie!

specsaregood
10-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I understand, I just find it difficult to take a word seriously coming out of that mans mouth. He will be facing Rand in 2016 and he is doing everything he can to set himself up for it.
Welcome btw!

Yes, welcome annie. None of our satirical remarks are intended for you.

specsaregood
10-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Pfft. And meanwhile, you'll be growing "weeds" in your shed, which just happens to have an electrical cord running to it. You know, the one with the big lock?
Mmmm hmmm.

That is quite the apt metaphor. What with paul ryan being wall streets best friend and all, taking part in some class warfare; but on the side of the establishment.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Bright kid. Needs some lessons.

Sola_Fide
10-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Taxes are not the primary problem. It's spending and debt. Republicans are so misguided.

Miss Annie
10-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! It is a pleasure to be around like minded people! :)

amy31416
10-25-2011, 08:56 PM
That is quite the apt metaphor. What with paul ryan being wall streets best friend and all, taking part in some class warfare; but on the side of the establishment.

I like you 'cuz you "get" me, man. :p