PDA

View Full Version : Why does the media never talk about Herman Cain's career as a politician wanabee?

RileyE104
10-25-2011, 01:39 PM
He ran for President in 2000, he ran for Senate in 2004... He worked for the FED from 1995-1996. He worked for "Americans for Prosperity" from 2005 to 2011.... He was even the senior adviser to Bob Dole's 1996 presidential campaign...

Steve-in-NY
10-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Probably because he sucked at it.

RileyE104
10-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Probably because he sucked at it.

I always get the feeling that Cain actually requested said information to not be discussed... For instance, during the Republican debates, he's always introduced as the Godfather's Pizza CEO - why not even just once was he not introduced as the former Chairman of the Kansas City FED? I mean, not even in the side notes that usually show up with extra information about each candidate. Thankfully ONE debate thanks to Dr. Paul included discussion about Cain's time at the FED, but that wasn't even aired on national TV.

Also, how come Dr. Paul is always reminded that this is his second/third attempt at becoming president, but Cain is never reminded of that? I had to find that out over an internet comment instead of some dumbass pundit trying to crack some stupid comment.. "duuuh Congressman Paul, dis be yo thirds time runnin fo da prezidency, harr harr, will you considuh runnin as an independent if u not be da one to get da nomination in uuuuuhhh 2012z?"

dannno
10-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Weird, I just looked on Herman Cain's wiki page and it says he ran as a Republican for a short time in 2000 against Bush, but when I look here he is not listed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_ primaries,_2000

Dr.3D
10-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Because he is supposed to be the "Business Man", not the Politician.

The major media are playing both sides via outlets like MSNBC and FOX news. If they keep people blaming each other for our problems, they can distract them from the real culprit.

satchelmcqueen
10-25-2011, 04:43 PM
wow! another lie by cain. i could have swore he said he had never ran for anything before in one of the first debates. ill have to go back and watch it again.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-25-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm surprised one of the candidates hasn't made that point in one of the debates. That's one of Cain's big selling points, being the non-politician, when he's really the failed wannabe-politician. That argument, that his never holding office is somehow a positive, should be shut down for good.