PDA

View Full Version : NYC - Cops raid apartment and throw dog out three story window.

Anti Federalist
10-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Of course, guns in everybody's face, everybody arrested, but the charges are all dropped.

Just another day in Amerika.

Cop slapped dog out third-story window: suit
By DOUGLAS MONTERO

Last Updated: 11:47 AM, October 24, 2011

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/cop_sent_dog_flying_uyB7Yc6gmVFrZD4eRAAMJJ#ixzz1bp 6gOTPl

A brave 7-pound pooch trying to protect three little kids in his family was heartlessly slapped out a third-story window by a cop on a failed drug raid, a lawsuit charges.

Chuwie, a miniature Doberman-Pomeranian mix, miraculously survived, but his owner says the family pet hasn’t been the same since.

“How could a police officer do that to a tiny dog?’’ said Iris Ramos, whose son-in-law, Ronald Estevez, 27, owns Chuwie.

The dog never tried to attack a cop -- all he did was bark, according to the family’s Bronx Civil Court lawsuit against the city and NYPD for unspecified damages, including $300 in vet bills.

“Children were crying. Guns were being pointed in their faces,’’ said family lawyer Jeffrey Emdin.

The suit also charges false arrests and claims that when the cops left the apartment, $1,200 in cash, a gold bracelet and several documents were missing.

Emdin said Iris Ramos’ brother, daughter, son-in-law and niece were arrested for drug possession their cases were later dismissed.

Ramos, 48, thinks the cops were targeting her troubled son, who had briefly stayed in her apartment but left weeks earlier.

“None of these people have any criminal history at all,” Emdin said.

The NYPD declined comment. The court papers acknowledge the officers had a warrant. The three toddlers, ages 3, 4 and 5, were with their mom, Stacey Acevedo, who is Ramos’ niece, in a bedroom when the cops stormed in early in the morning, the suit claims.

The protective pup jumped on a bed and began barking at the cops -- only to be backhanded four feet across the apartment and out the window through the bars of a window guard, the suit says.

Estevez was handcuffed and being interrogated in another room, when, a few minutes later, a detective entered the apartment, which belongs to his mother-in-law. The detective was holding Chuwie.

“How did my dog get outside?” Estevez recalls asking cops amid the chaos of the 6:40 a.m. drug raid in October 2010.

The pet-loving family tried to resume their normal lives, but 5-year-old Chuwie, who earned his name as a puppy by chewing on “everything,” hasn’t been the same since his ordeal.

The lawn outside the building cushioned Chuwie’s landing, but Estevez noticed he was gingerly holding up his injured right paw after the 25-foot drop.

“Chuwie was shaking -- his hair was standing up -- he was in a panic,” Estevez said.

His wife, Giselle, 25, said Chuwie couldn’t eat for days after the raid and is scared to leap off the couch.

“I’m lucky he’s alive. That’s my baby. I love him to death,” she said.

Chuwie barely missed a concrete area below the window.

“If he would have fallen on that,’’ she said, crying, “I don’t even want to think about it.’’

asurfaholic
10-25-2011, 01:39 PM
eh.....

Give that cop that carried it back up a medal of honor..

jkr
10-25-2011, 01:45 PM
...how was work today honey?

didja save the world?

oh, you failed to kill a tiny animal huh? fascinating!

good job. have a doughnut

flightlesskiwi
10-25-2011, 02:01 PM
saw this in a store today. didn't take a pic, but was able to find it online.

it just fits this story, for some reason:

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa384/flightlesskiwi/wbpo.jpg

Bordillo
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
I see 2 major problems here

Cops being idiots

and judges signing warrants like these

We need to get the 2 of those out of bed with each other

aGameOfThrones
10-25-2011, 02:40 PM
State sponsored terrorism?

The three toddlers, ages 3, 4 and 5, were with their mom, Stacey Acevedo, who is Ramos’ niece, in a bedroom when the cops stormed in early in the morning, the suit claims.

Life lesson was taught that day to those 3 kids.

The knock-and-announce and daytime requirements protect individuals against the fear, humiliation, and embarrassment of being roused from their beds in states of partial or complete undress. And these requirements allow the arrestee to surrender at his front door, thereby maintaining his dignity and preventing the officers from entering other rooms of the dwelling. The stringent probable-cause requirement would help ensure against the possibility that the police would enter when the suspect was not home, and, in searching for him, frighten members of the family or ransack parts of the house, seizing items in plain view.~PAYTON V. NEW YORK, 445 U. S. 573 (1980)

Anti Federalist
10-25-2011, 02:41 PM
The vicious dog in question.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/10/24/news/web_photos/24.1n007.flyingdog--300x300.jpg

CaptainAmerica
10-25-2011, 02:41 PM
I wonder how many of the cops are using roids nowdays

Sunstruck-Eden
10-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Oh man, if a cop had done that to my dog, I would probably be arressted for attacking a police officer. No joke. My dog means a lot to me and does not deserve that kind of ruthless treatment. I'm just glad their dog lived.

heavenlyboy34
10-25-2011, 03:19 PM
:eek: :mad: WTF? What a pansy-ass cop to throw a little dog out the window like that.

Philhelm
10-25-2011, 05:43 PM

I suspect a lot. When I was a little kid, I had always wondered why extremely muscular men had such wide jaws. I realized that lifting weights couldn't do that, so perhaps it was just men with wide jaws that tended to lift weights.

And I've noticed plenty of wide-jawed cops trolling the streets...

Philhelm
10-25-2011, 05:44 PM
The vicious dog in question.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/10/24/news/web_photos/24.1n007.flyingdog--300x300.jpg

Jesus Christ...

speciallyblend
10-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Jesus Christ...

twice the size of my lil dog. All i can say is if a cop did that to my dog. I would be a felon!!

Anti Federalist
10-25-2011, 09:19 PM
///

phill4paul
10-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Until ya get the citizen response ya want.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325972-quot-The-dogs-fortunately-are-in-good-condition.-The-house-isn%92t.-quot

KCIndy
10-25-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm so glad to know that we're safe from terrorism here in America. If I lived in a country where gun-wielding masked men could kick in my door, kidnap my family and ransack my house at any time of the day or night without fear of repercussion or retaliation, I just don't know what I would do.

Anti Federalist
10-25-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm so glad to know that we're safe from terrorism here in America. If I lived in a country where gun-wielding masked men could kick in my door, kidnap my family and ransack my house at any time of the day or night without fear of repercussion or retaliation, I just don't know what I would do.

+rep for the best tongue in cheek comment I've seen all day.

AFPVet
10-25-2011, 09:55 PM

Probably way too many!

Pericles
10-25-2011, 11:24 PM

If we lived in such a country, we might think we were living under tyranny.

DamianTV
10-26-2011, 01:01 AM
I think that Cop needs to get thrown out the window. As well as the assinine laws they try to enforce. Might as well throw the idiot Judge that auto-signed the Warrant in while we're at it, just for good measure. Top it off with a couple of Lawyers, and a big fat Wall Street Bankster and I think we'd have something going the right direction for once.

guitarlifter
10-26-2011, 03:17 AM
I suspect a lot. When I was a little kid, I had always wondered why extremely muscular men had such wide jaws. I realized that lifting weights couldn't do that, so perhaps it was just men with wide jaws that tended to lift weights.

And I've noticed plenty of wide-jawed cops trolling the streets...

But what happens when a citizen does steroids? They get almost expelled from college, lose half their grants and scholarships, get ridiculed and humiliated, thrown in jail, pay thousands in fines, lose their license for 6 months and be on 6 months of not regular, but intense probation (meeting weekly meetings instead of monthly because apparently I was THAT dangerous) + paying for that, community service, a record + money it costs to wipe that record, you name it. And yes, all of those things happened to me and more, and I harmed NO ONE. The horrible thing is that the guy turning me in was on steroids. It was this event that got me so involved into trying to gain back the freedoms that we've lost in society.

And steroids do not change the skeletal structure of a person. It is hGH that does that, which is not a steroid since steroids are classified as cholesterol-based hormones while hGH is a peptide. The condition is called acromegaly.

Carole
10-26-2011, 04:19 AM
Totally upsetting about this little dog. Makes me ill. And now the dog is suffering some sort of PTSD for the experience.

Yet, not a word about what this invasion may have done psychologically to the children and the family. I hope they sue for millions and win.

Anti Federalist
11-12-2011, 03:51 PM
///

LibForestPaul
11-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Wow, they had a signed warrant...:eek:

Anti Federalist
09-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Bump for another thread