PDA

View Full Version : Are the debate fields going to narrow? I'd love to see that happening.

NeoconTea
10-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Bachmann 2, Huntsman 1, Santorum 1 in the latest poll. Maybe, just maybe, we'll start seeing 5 person debates.

Or knowing the media, maybe we'll see 4 person debates because they find a way to cut Ron out. But seriously, there's an increasing gap between Paul/Gingrich and Bachmann.

limequat
10-25-2011, 08:06 AM
I remember 2008 when it was down to Romney, Cain, Huckabee, Paul. Let's just say that Paul did not get 25% speaking time.

NeoconTea
10-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Well if he gets 5% speaking time in an 8 person debate, maybe he can get 6% in a 5 person one, and thats an improvement :)

limequat
10-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Lol, good point :)

S.Shorland
10-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Yes I think Rick's backers will start to talk seriously to him now.

JamesButabi
10-25-2011, 08:51 AM
With only two months until the primaries start......its time. Bachmann is getting slammed from every angle right now.

(get your mind out of the gutter)

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Considering they are pushing down Ron's poll numbers by using only GOP not independents and not covering his successes and pushing up Cain, I wouldn't be too thrilled if they cut, actually.

Sean
10-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Gary Johnson got cut out long time ago with Huntsman and Santorum numbers.

JamesButabi
10-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Gary Johnson got cut out long time ago with Huntsman and Santorum numbers.

The hypocrisy of the media and the failure of the system to prevent it.

thesnake742
10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
One things for sure, the media will NOT cut Ron out of the debates altogether. The reaction would probably be the most furious yet. My guess, though, is that the candidates are gonna try to stay in through at least one primary. Just in case.

TheDriver
10-25-2011, 10:39 AM
They may, but it will probably be after actual elections, like Super Tuesday.

affa
10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Cain jumped out of nowhere due to massive media exposure and a single straw poll win (and media manipulation of the public). Everyone wants that chance to be next.

Gingrich, for sure. Santorum, for sure.

Last time they ignored and ridiculed Ron. This time, they know that won't work because so many people now completely agree with him. So instead, it's mass confusion. Prop a new guy up every month. Confuse, distract, confuse, distract.

fisharmor
10-25-2011, 10:53 AM
When they drop out, they're going to give endorsements.
Bachmann will never endorse Ron because he's not a zionist.
Santorum will never endorse Ron because he doesn't want to nuke Iran.
Huntsman... not sure, but even if he does endorse Ron, it'll be easy to ignore.
Perry won't endorse Ron... well, maybe he will, but his words won't be intelligible so we won't know.

In any case, I think the only thing that candidates dropping out can do is prop up someone else.
I'd much rather see them stay in and continue to backstab each other.
The more they do that, the more uncertain everyone will be, and early caucus states have a better chance of going to Ron.
Once he starts winning, they'll either start covering him, or the country will suddenly notice that something's rotten.

Darthbrooklyn
10-25-2011, 11:02 AM
I would prefer Santorum stays in just for the sole purpose of bashing Cain/Romney/Perry.. Hes got nothing on Ron Paul

Darthbrooklyn
10-25-2011, 11:04 AM
However I think that at some point.. Perry/Romney will try to collude together to bring down Paul which serves them both. This will backfire though as it will bring more media attention to Paul and also that Paul is too smart to be out debated by Mr Flip Flop and Cowboy Perry..