PDA

View Full Version : POLITIFACT: Ron Paul says terror attacks have increased. TRUE, BUT.....

10-25-2011, 02:22 AM
... attacks have actually increased more than Ron Paul claims!

From Politifact: (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/oct/24/ron-paul/ron-paul-says-terror-attacks-have-increased/)

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Tex., has made a name for himself by railing against federal government overreach.

After remarks at Politics & Eggs, a popular political forum in Manchester, N.H., one Granite Stater in attendance asked Paul to describe his foreign policy position. Again, Paul mentioned federal government intervention, this time our behavior as "policeman of the world." That activity, according to Paul, has cost America money, safety and created foreign enemies in the process.

Paul cited the animosity that our foreign entanglements have created, comparing suicide attacks against the U.S. and its allies before and after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

"Suicide terrorism has been around for awhile," Paul said. "There was a bit of it before 9/11, obviously, but if you look at all the suicide terrorist attacks prior to 9/11, if you equate that number, it’s equivalent to the attacks on us and our allies every month, compared to all the years before 9/11, which means that we’re under systematic attack."

Really? As many per month as all the years before?

more at link

vroomery
10-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Wow. I always knew we had proof of blowback, but goodness gracious! There is no possible way you can deny that our occupation is what causes the problems. Intervention is isolation. Non-intervention is a strong national defense. Imagine that.

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I posted it. They just don't want to say he's truthful, when he was minimizing HIS OWN POINT. At least as much politics as facts, is politifact. STill, they have Ron truthful more than anyone else.

Don't post so much of the article, though.

LibertyEagle
10-25-2011, 10:31 AM
I am impressed at their diligence in researching the topic.

reillym
10-25-2011, 10:43 AM
I am impressed at their diligence in researching the topic.

yes, poltifact is usually very, very thorough and fair to Paul.

And usually this forum supports the site, except when the "lie" about "climate change" lol

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 11:19 AM
yes, poltifact is usually very, very thorough and fair to Paul.

And usually this forum supports the site, except when the "lie" about "climate change" lol

they also said Rand's figures were precisely correct on federal worker pay but rated it 'mostly false' because they didn't think people would think he meant it the way he did.