PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Flubs Constitution question ha ha !

ZanZibar
10-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Apparently he hasn't read the Constitution to know how the amendment process works...
Brody: "Are you for some sort of pro-life amendment to the Constitution that in essence would trump Roe v. Wade?"

Cain: "Yes. Yes I feel that strongly about it. If we can get the necessary support and it comes to my desk I’ll sign it. That’s all I can do. I will sign it."

SOURCE: http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2011/10/22/herman-cain-exclusive-tells-brody-file-he-will-support-constitutional.aspx

TheAmazingJimmy
10-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Well I'm ignorant of how you amend the constitution, so how is it amended? I probably learned about it in school, but it's been many many years since I've been in school.

eduardo89
10-25-2011, 07:59 AM
A constitutional amendment must be approved by 2/3 of each house of Congress. It is then sent to the states and once 3/4 states ratify it, it becomes part of the constitution. The president doesn't sign it into law.

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution/

FrankRep
10-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Amendment Ratification (http://www.usconstitution.net/constam.html)

The first method is for a bill to pass both houses of the legislature, by a two-thirds majority in each. Once the bill has passed both houses, it goes on to the states. This is the route taken by all current amendments. Because of some long outstanding amendments, such as the 27th, Congress will normally put a time limit (typically seven years) for the bill to be approved as an amendment (for example, see the 21st and 22nd).

ZanZibar
10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Exactly.

Tod
10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Oh, this is GOOD.

unknown
10-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Apparently he hasn't read the Constitution to know how the amendment process works...
Brody: "Are you for some sort of pro-life amendment to the Constitution that in essence would trump Roe v. Wade?"

Cain: "Yes. Yes I feel that strongly about it. If we can get the necessary support and it comes to my desk I’ll sign it. That’s all I can do. I will sign it."

SOURCE: http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2011/10/22/herman-cain-exclusive-tells-brody-file-he-will-support-constitutional.aspx

What a clown. Add it to the list. The stooge also thinks that the 2nd Amendment is a states' issue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhu1QkRbqY

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/jakesteel1/Ron%20Paul/786eb8cf.gif

ninepointfive
10-25-2011, 12:08 PM
He also said the second amendment was a states rights issue.

eduardo89
10-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Why are all his answers one sentence?

"My answer is 9-9-9!"

"I support the 2nd amendment"

"I'm pro-life"

ZanZibar
10-25-2011, 12:15 PM
What a clown. Add it to the list. The stooge also thinks that the 2nd Amendment is a states' issue...
That's at least a somewhat debatable point. But yeah, he did say it would be ok for states to ban firearms.

Bruno
10-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Well I'm ignorant of how you amend the constitution, so how is it amended? I probably learned about it in school, but it's been many many years since I've been in school.

You are forgiven, as you are not running for POTUS> ;)

ninepointfive
10-25-2011, 12:21 PM

"My answer is 9-9-9!"

"I'm pro-life"

It's working better than explaining complicated issues, bumbling slightly while not finishing the point, and moving onto another topic in the same response.

Bruno
10-25-2011, 12:22 PM
It's working better than explaining complicated issues, bumbling slightly while not finishing the point, and moving onto another topic in the same response.

I see what you did there

John F Kennedy III
10-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Another Cain "misunderstanding"

eduardo89
10-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Another Cain "misunderstanding"
It was a difficult question and the interviewer wasn't clear and was going too fast and the campaign stress and 9-9-9!

- Herman Cain

teacherone
10-25-2011, 12:54 PM

now that's just not nice...

ShaneEnochs
10-25-2011, 12:58 PM

"My answer is 9-9-9!"

"I'm pro-life"

Because we all know what happens once he starts "explaining" things. His camp has probably told him to keep his answers and brief as possible so he doesn't contradict himself. He manages to do it anyway, though.

musicmax
10-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Because we all know what happens once he starts "explaining" things. His camp has probably told him to keep his answers and brief as possible so he doesn't contradict himself. He manages to do it anyway, though.

Often Cain also repeats most of the question back to the interviewer, to stall for time.

JustinL
10-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Haven't you see how many times Mitt Romney has said it's a state's decision? That type of line has been used a lot so he set it as one of his lines.

What's very clear is this man is absolutely and completely full of shit and all he does is spew out his lines even when they contradict with eachother or don't fit the situation.

People who support this con man have been fooled by his likeable and charming nature. Blind to all his bullshit. Additionally they're a bit more resistant to leaving him now because they don't know which camp to jump into next. Some people have difficulty with being in the undecided camp so they stick with someone terrible until someone tells them who they should vote for instead. And then the next flavor of the month will come once they have someone.

I honestly think if you brought in a pull string doll filled with some of these same lines and interviewed it you'd get the same answers minus all the flustered defensiveness that he gives when he has trouble (which is often). I'm just waiting for someone to make such a pull-string doll and reveal it on some comedy station. Could even use his own voice.

Gravik
10-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Good god. Cain should be disqualified from running. The POTUS swears to uphold the Constitution, which Cain doesn't understand!

Czolgosz
10-25-2011, 03:07 PM
There are issues which polarize people, you know stuff like guns and abortion.

When you're asked about these things and you bumble the answers I become an instant skeptic. I was pretty neutral on Cain until I watched the Stossel interview. As he continues to show he doesn't know shit about people, freedom, and the State... I say no thanks.

It's really fvcking pathetic that a guy like this is leading in polls. Our fight will take decades of diligence.