carla8478
06-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Here is the latest (as of 8pm 6-14-07) that I got from www.techpresident.com:

Face Book Supporters:
Obama +3.7% 91,730
Clinton +1.7% 21,778
Romney +4.5% 9,559
Paul +26.9% 8,048

He's 2nd of the Republicans and has the highest growth rate overall, he'll catch up to them.

MySpace Friends
Obama +9.3% 106,964
Clinton +7.1% 93,956
Edwards +2.4% 40,455
McCain +4.0% 36,840
Paul +20.1% 30,829

He's almost got McCain beat to top out the Republicans and once again highest growth rate.

You Tube Daily Cumulative Video Views
Obama +5.1% 3,011,501
Paul +8.0% 1,120,701

He's the #1 Republican and only has Obama ahead of him. Once again highest growth rate.

Eventful Demands
Obama 24,100 people
Paul 19,512 people

Almost #1!

We're headed in the right direction, but we've got to keep pushing forward. Go to the main page www.RonPaul2008.com and double check all the website link buttons to make sure you have taken action on all of the sites: Facebook, Eventful, MySpace, etc. When I went back I realized I had missed one or two. Make sure everyone in your meetup groups does this and tell all your friends and relatives.

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I think Ron has the most youtube subscribers.

Richandler
06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
He does have the most subscribers but that shows loyalty more than interest in the candidate. The views are very important. I still believe the surge needs to be in myspace. It is the most popular social network on the net. Finding a way to move him up the list should be a top priority.

mikelovesgod
06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Here's the way I look at those #s:
Most of the Dems have support from people who don't work who are pro spammers
Most of the Paul supporters work so we can't spam

It's just that simple

ThePieSwindler
06-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Here's the way I look at those #s:
Most of the Dems have support from people who don't work who are pro spammers
Most of the Paul supporters work so we can't spam

It's just that simple

I think its more the fact that the average HS or college student identifies as being liberal and socially progressive, simply because they hate bush, the war, etc, or because they just feel rebellious, thus they feel they MUST vote for a democrat. That, coupled with the romantic ideals of youths that want to help "create history" by supporting the first serious black candidate for president, (and woman candidate as well, though Obama is a comparatively fresh face, which young people are more apt to go for), makes it not a surprise at all that Obama has a huge, huge lead on everyone, especially on facebook (which is a HS/college social networking site). I actually considered registering Democrat to support Obama when i was only at surface level in my understanding of politics, and before i had heard about Ron Paul, though now I have a much deeper understanding of everything going on in the world and in politics, so i can say i support Ron Paul 100% without looking back. But i do understand why Obama has so much support, and its not because of spammers.

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Yah the myspace thing doesn't make sense with McCain having more members, he should be winning the online polls on cnn.com, msnbc.com and foxnews.

MsDoodahs
06-14-2007, 10:38 PM
I think its more the fact that the average HS or college student identifies as being liberal and socially progressive, simply because they hate bush, the war, etc, or because they just feel rebellious, thus they feel they MUST vote for a democrat.

You've probably heard the old saying..."if you aren't a democrat in your twenties, you have no heart, and if you aren't a republican by the time you're forty, you have no brain."

:)

ThePieSwindler
06-14-2007, 11:02 PM
You've probably heard the old saying..."if you aren't a democrat in your twenties, you have no heart, and if you aren't a republican by the time you're forty, you have no brain."

:)

Indeed, thats exactly what i was thinking of, in fact. Im 18, and ive always been conservative at heart, though i havent really thought through everything until these past few months. Ron Paul is not only a great candidate for America, but he is a great candidate to help each and every one of us really learn to think about the intricacies of politics and politico-economics. I'm really intrigued and am becoming an avid fan of lazzes-faire capitalism and free markets, independant of Ron Paul, but his candidacy REALLY has brought me to marvel at the beauty of a truly free market system, even if it barely exists in America in this day and age.

Guess i'm all brainand no heart ;-)

DjLoTi
06-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Guess i'm all heart and no brain ;-)

Nah sounds like brain to me. I'm 21, extremely smart, and have officially 'woken up' (WAKE UP AMERICA!!!) on politics and the influence they hold. It is incredibly enormous as the government continues to increase it's power through terror and fear.

With the government proceeding unchecked, taking control of liberties, rights, and everything that seems sane, something must be done to ensure that our future is protected.

With the Clinton Administration selling North Korea the ability to make 1,000 nukes a year, and President Bush basically abolishing any limitations on trades with Asia...

How long is it going to take until the pure destruction is implemented? The 'police state' is extremely powerful and active within society, and I can afirmly say I've seen an incredible difference from pre-9/11 and the attitudes and influence of the police...
To the post 9/11 implicated power the police now wield in the name of 'safety'. It is entirely not as safe, as I am much more likely to be detained ect.

Not only that, but the more I fight for my rights, basically the more I fight, the more I lose, the more I'm silenced, ect. ect.

Sad but true, Dr. Paul is the only way I will not seek refuge with another country. Very serious about that.

ThePieSwindler
06-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Nah sounds like brain to me. I'm 21, extremely smart, and have officially 'woken up' (WAKE UP AMERICA!!!) on politics and the influence they hold. It is incredibly enormous as the government continues to increase it's power through terror and fear.

With the government proceeding unchecked, taking control of liberties, rights, and everything that seems sane, something must be done to ensure that our future is protected.

With the Clinton Administration selling North Korea the ability to make 1,000 nukes a year, and President Bush basically abolishing any limitations on trades with Asia...

How long is it going to take until the pure destruction is implemented? The 'police state' is extremely powerful and active within society, and I can afirmly say I've seen an incredible difference from pre-9/11 and the attitudes and influence of the police...
To the post 9/11 implicated power the police now wield in the name of 'safety'. It is entirely not as safe, as I am much more likely to be detained ect.

Not only that, but the more I fight for my rights, basically the more I fight, the more I lose, the more I'm silenced, ect. ect.

Sad but true, Dr. Paul is the only way I will not seek refuge with another country. Very serious about that.

Yeah oops... meant it the other way around, all brain and no heart... my bad :(

As far as refuge in another country, well - its bad everywhere. Europe, Canada, Mexico, Asia - all under the thumb of the globalists, and places like Africa are untouched by them for a reason. Even austrailia has its own issues with pushing a liberal version of the NWO. Its bad everywhere, besides maybe a few island nondescript island nations.

DjLoTi
06-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah oops... meant it the other way around, all brain and no heart... my bad :(

As far as refuge in another country, well - its bad everywhere. Europe, Canada, Mexico, Asia - all under the thumb of the globalists, and places like Africa are untouched by them for a reason. Even austrailia has its own issues with pushing a liberal version of the NWO. Its bad everywhere, besides maybe a few island nondescript island nations.

Nahh.. I think you've had the heart. Just lacked the information (like me :) )

As far as where to live... I'll let you in on a secret. DjLoTi stands for Dj Live On The Island... all one word... Liveontheisland....

And if I had my choice... I *would* have my own island... with plants, fruit, fish, ect. I'm all about it. I'm all about my own life and my own world. One could say I'm an 'isolationist', however, not nessisarly true. I love reaching out to the world, learning and growing. I just don't like people telling me what to do, and how to live. That's why.. I want my own island... with my kind of people...

My neurons are really firing off tonight..lol