PDA

View Full Version : Clueless journalist 101

Anti Federalist
10-24-2011, 04:58 PM
This is part of the reason why we are in the mess we are in.

Certainly, the broadcast media take directions from TPTB, but here's a stunning admission of cluelessness by a writer employed by a top flight mainstream publication:

What I didn't know until now was that the TSA is extending its protective scrutiny to the nation's roadways. Take a look at the clip below, which appears to be a bona fide news report this week from Tennessee.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/10/like-tsa-youll-love-vipr/247221/

Now, my only question is: "where the fuck have you been for the past ten years or so?"

Sure, the conspiracy and paranoia crowd (of which I am proudly a member of) has been yelling about this for years now, and I can understand that the likes of those who write for The Atlantic probably are inclined to pay us little, if any, mind, even when right.

But c'mon, FFS, TSA themselves have been saying for years now as well, that they fully intend to expand out to all areas of transportation, along with large public events.

Transportation Security, not "Airport" Security.

pcosmar
10-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Not to mention that other stories have been done on "Viper". There is nothing new about this.
it has been posted here before.

Uploaded last April,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2PtAYIeZN8

KCIndy
10-24-2011, 05:03 PM

*** but..... **

* * but but but... **

...........................but they wouldn't be able to do that here in America, would they? Not here! No way! The government wouldn't do that to us! After all, this is the land of the free! The government is just doing its best to protect us from evil terrorists who HATE us for our FREEDOMS, right?

....right???

............................hello? ............. is anyone there?

Pericles
10-24-2011, 07:02 PM
The typical "journalist" is basically lazy and will just copy and paste a press release that fits into an article. If you write a good press release, you have written over 50% of the story that will find its way into print. Government agencies have plenty of people and time to generate press releases.

Mani
10-25-2011, 02:45 AM

*** but..... **

* * but but but... **

...........................but they wouldn't be able to do that here in America, would they? Not here! No way! The government wouldn't do that to us! After all, this is the land of the free! The government is just doing its best to protect us from evil terrorists who HATE us for our FREEDOMS, right?

....right???

But it keeps us safe. I'm scared of the terrorists. They might be on the highway. I don't care if the search me and my car and pat down my balls, as long as I'm safe. I have nothing to hide, so what's the big deal?

What's wrong if I'm minding my own business while driving and then being stopped, having my papers checked, having sniffing dogs search my car and then being patted down and having my balls groped by some guy while I'm looking up at the barrel of a gun? It keeps me safe right? I don't get what the fuss is about. You guys are such whiners.

speciallyblend
10-25-2011, 05:29 AM

*** but..... **

* * but but but... **

....right???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQWszrZHBPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQWszrZHBPI

moostraks
10-25-2011, 07:46 AM
LOL...that is why labeling conspiracy postulators as nuthatches and their theories the ravings of madmen it effectively shuts down discourse on actual verifiable government abuse of authority. When we were first each complaining about this matter they labeled and discarded us. Now some of the public actually sees with their own two eyes what they said they were setting up to enforce and they are welcomed to our little hell party. Sad thing is most of the public will continue to deny the nefarious nature of this program all while be irradiated and groped.