PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Karl Rove is trying to destroy me

GopBlackList
10-24-2011, 04:11 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66724.html

Herman Cain pushed back hard at Karl Rove's recitation of his recent campaign fumbles and miscues — which he presented on a whiteboard on Fox News this morning — and accused the operative of trying to do him intentional damage in a Byron York interview:

"It's a good thing the voters are not looking at Karl Rove's little whiteboard," Cain said in a phone conversation from a stop in Chicago Monday afternoon. "I believe it is a deliberate attempt to damage me because I am not, quote unquote, the establishment choice. But why not go with the choice that the people seem to like?"

Cain accused Rove of bias in favor of candidates with big organizations, lots of money, and prior experience in political office — all things Cain doesn't have. "What has Karl Rove done?" Cain continued. "If I become the nominee, he has given Democrats talking points for a commercial to attack me. It makes no sense unless it's a deliberate attempt on his part to try to push me down so that the candidate he wants rises to the top."
Continue Reading

When asked which candidate he believes Rove supports, Cain said, "I believe he wants Romney to get it."

Rove strongly denies Cain's charges. "Herman Cain is the one giving the Democrats material for attack ads," Rove said in a phone conversation Monday afternoon. "I want the strongest nominee to emerge from the process. I have no personal favorite. Fox expects me to call balls and strikes as I see them."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66724.html#ixzz1bjvuGob1

bluesc
10-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Rove was telling the truth. Cain is an idiot.

Cain accused Rove of bias in favor of candidates with big organizations, lots of money, and prior experience in political office — all things Cain doesn't have.

Also 3 things you pretty much need to get anywhere, buddy.

Kords21
10-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Karl Rove may be one of the most evil men on the planet, but the man knows elections and he is well connected to donors and such. Not a real bright move by Cain to try and start a war with Rove.

kah13176
10-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Cry more stupid Herman. You've had the establishment media at your flanks for a good three weeks due to a single straw poll win.

AJ187
10-24-2011, 04:18 PM
This is just false conflict they are creating between Bush/Cheney and the rest of the establishment candidates. Seems like they did this to Perry and now Perry is hiring Bush people now that he's imploding.

10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Karl Rove is trying to destroy me

Good!

Piss Rove off some more Cain, I hope he smears you even harder. You picked the wrong person to mess with.

RDM
10-24-2011, 04:24 PM
This is just false conflict they are creating between Bush/Cheney and the rest of the establishment candidates. Seems like they did this to Perry and now Perry is hiring Bush people now that he's imploding.

Exactly, it's a ploy to cause anger amongst supporters in order to keep Cain's supporters from leaving. THESE ARE CALCULATED AND CHOREOGRAPHED MOVES!!!. Do not be fooled by these pundits, poll takers, and columnists. They do what they do because it works. You will not beat the monster until you understand where the monster gets its strength.

10-24-2011, 04:29 PM
No. Rove is evil, but a smart guy. He knows Cain is an idiot and wants him out of the race so the GOP can beat Obama.

ZanZibar
10-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the club. We've been dealing with this problem for decades.

Jingles
10-24-2011, 05:05 PM
At least its Cain and not someone good. Evil, evil man...

Feelgood
10-24-2011, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHptG35EWU

Kords21
10-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the big leagues Herman Cain, if you can't stand the spotlight, then please exit the stage.

flightlesskiwi
10-24-2011, 05:54 PM

Exactly, it's a ploy to cause anger amongst supporters in order to keep Cain's supporters from leaving. THESE ARE CALCULATED AND CHOREOGRAPHED MOVES!!!. Do not be fooled by these pundits, poll takers, and columnists. They do what they do because it works. You will not beat the monster until you understand where the monster gets its strength.

^this. Cain is the new tea party darling. this is a precisely-aimed establishment "attack" to bolster more support for him.

eduardo89
10-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I think you're doing that by opening your mouth, Herman.

Cap
10-24-2011, 06:00 PM

This.

JohnGalt1225
10-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Oh the plight of poor Herman Cain, he starts what amounts to a troll campaign to get a Fox News gig, walks ass backwards into a single straw poll win, had the media at his feet for weeks.

PaulConventionWV
10-24-2011, 06:51 PM
No. Rove is evil, but a smart guy. He knows Cain is an idiot and wants him out of the race so the GOP can beat Obama.

Do you really think this is all about party politics? Both parties are pushing the same agendas. Rove doesn't care who's in the white house because he knows the policies will be the same regardless. This isn't about Obama vs. the Republicans. This is about establishment vs. non-establishment. Both Karl Rove and Herman Cain are part of the establishment, despite Cain's comments to the contrary.

anaconda
10-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Rove was telling the truth. Cain is an idiot.

Cain gives Dan Quayle a serious run for his money. Palin sounds like William F. Buckley compared to him.

anaconda
10-24-2011, 07:02 PM

Who would Rove think could beat Obama? Whomever Rove backs will be highly vulnerable to 3rd Party runs and/or the McSame syndrome (lackluster support from conservatives).

anaconda
10-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Do you really think this is all about party politics? Both parties are pushing the same agendas. Rove doesn't care who's in the white house because he knows the policies will be the same regardless. This isn't about Obama vs. the Republicans. This is about establishment vs. non-establishment. Both Karl Rove and Herman Cain are part of the establishment, despite Cain's comments to the contrary.

I would think Rove seriously wants a RINO to win. It's more fun to be the "party in power." More perks, media attention, parties, access, etc.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Rove isn't the only person on Fox criticizing you, Herman. O'Reilly flat out said you won't get the nomination.

ONUV
10-24-2011, 07:12 PM
victim card. the establishment gop and librul media is out to get me! the enemy of my enemy is my friend!

Tod
10-24-2011, 07:15 PM

I agree....this is a fakeout to sucker the Tea Partiers to support Cain.

BlackTerrel
10-24-2011, 07:28 PM
I agree....this is a fakeout to sucker the Tea Partiers to support Cain.

It;s like a conspiracy inside a conspiracy wrapped inside a jelly doughnut.

This theory would be plausible if there were tens of thousands of people who worked together as a hive and whose sole existence was to confuse the members of this forum.

PaulConventionWV
10-24-2011, 07:29 PM
I would think Rove seriously wants a RINO to win. It's more fun to be the "party in power." More perks, media attention, parties, access, etc.

Nope, it's not about the parties. This isn't just some incompetent government that likes personal perks. If they were, they would occasionally do something right. They get all the perks they need by supporting the establishment agenda, no matter whether you're dem or republican. The last decade more than ever proved why it doesn't really matter whether the president is democrat or republican. Karl Rove and Herman Cain are both working toward the same goals.

anaconda
10-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Nope, it's not about the parties. This isn't just some incompetent government that likes personal perks. If they were, they would occasionally do something right. They get all the perks they need by supporting the establishment agenda, no matter whether you're dem or republican. The last decade more than ever proved why it doesn't really matter whether the president is democrat or republican. Karl Rove and Herman Cain are both working toward the same goals.

I think the establishment likes a certain level of competition between the Republicans and the Democrats. It helps the left-right paradigm propaganda.They know that neither party will challenge the issues that are important to them. So the winner gets the Oval Office Perks: phoney publicity, lavish parties, access.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-24-2011, 08:07 PM
They're bringing it up again on "On the Record". They replayed Rove's clip and Brit Hume's similar comments.