PDA

View Full Version : RUSH LIMBAUGH strategy

NeoconTea
10-24-2011, 02:47 PM
This is a must now in order to reach a ton of Cain fans

We need to organize a bunch of people that will be prepared to call up Rush's show and spread the word about foreign policy. Also we need to remind him that he's the one who initiated the effort to get the audit of the Fed that revealed where all the money went to European banks and whatnot. Also, maybe bring up how he has more military donations than the rest combined.

If you're going to call up, make SURE to first get past the screeners by talking like a neocon Rush Limbaugh Tea lover, and then once you actually get on, make sure to have this quote ready from Netanyahu himself: "My friends, you don’t need to do nation building in Israel. We’re already built. You don’t need to export democracy to Israel. We’ve already got it. You don’t need to send American troops to defend Israel. We defend ourselves."

I'd be willing to help organize and strategize such a thing and think of the potential rewards... for very little effort or money! We need to expose Rush for the deceiver he is when he never brings up Ron's name.

SAY ANYTHING TO SCREENERS EXCEPT THAT YOU ARE A RON PAUL SUPPORTER. Talk about his tea or something, or how you are a true conservative disgusted with Romney's RINOness.

tribute_13
10-24-2011, 02:50 PM
We need to organize a bunch of people that will be prepared to call up Rush's show and spread the word.

At least have this quote ready from Netanyahu himself: "My friends, you don’t need to do nation building in Israel. We’re already built. You don’t need to export democracy to Israel. We’ve already got it. You don’t need to send American troops to defend Israel. We defend ourselves."

I'd be willing to help organize and strategize such a thing and think of the potential rewards... for very little effort or money! We need to expose Rush for the deceiver he is when he never brings up Ron's name.

I support calling into his show, but not to be defensive and to give talking heads a reason to hold a grudge against RP supporters. Call in and be civil, not disrespectful. Provide your angle of the conversation and leave it be. You catch more flies with honey.

Paulistinian
10-24-2011, 02:51 PM
I am all about contacting Rush. He is definitely teetering on supporting the Paul candidacy. I suspect that a 1st place in Iowa will be enough to push Rush into full on Paul support. He cares, more than anything else, about gutting the Federal government and cutting spending. He recognizes only Paul is serious about that.

Karsten
10-24-2011, 02:52 PM
You will NOT be able to get through call screeners to get on the show. Trust me, they do NOT let Ron Paul supporters on if you are up-front. I have tried. You will have to pretend you're calling about something else, and then tie Ron Paul into it when you are actually on the air.

Paulistinian
10-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes, call yourself a conservative, do NOT mention Ron.

NeoconTea
10-24-2011, 02:54 PM
I support calling into his show, but not to be defensive and to give talking heads a reason to hold a grudge against RP supporters. Call in and be civil, not disrespectful. Provide your angle of the conversation and leave it be. You catch more flies with honey.
Definitely. It would be best to call in as a Romney basher and talk about how Ron is the true conservative that will cut spending. Then work foreign policy in there, but the specific quote from Netanyahu must make it in there. It's imperative because then Rush's main attack "anti-Israel" will be turned on him. This will trap him in a corner.

erowe1
10-24-2011, 02:54 PM
You realize he's instructed Snerdly never to put through any Ron Paul calls. Right?

NeoconTea
10-24-2011, 02:55 PM
You will NOT be able to get through call screeners to get on the show. Trust me, they do NOT let Ron Paul supporters on if you are up-front. I have tried. You will have to pretend you're calling about something else, and then tie Ron Paul into it when you are actually on the air.
That's why we need to strategize. Talk about how amazing his tea is or something to screeners. Then hit up some truth bombs when you're actually on with Rush.

erowe1
10-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Limbaugh has tight control over his show and the viewpoints that win out there. If you say something he doesn't like, he will get the last word, and make your opinion come out looking like whatever he wants it to.

Brett85
10-24-2011, 03:00 PM
You realize he's instructed Snerdly never to put through any Ron Paul calls. Right?

He said that was only for the day that he was feeling sick. He said that he just didn't feel "up to" talking to Ron Paul supporters. Lol.

Brett85
10-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Rush isn't going to endorse Ron, because he simply doesn't view him as being electable. He's said many times that Ron Paul "has no chance to win." He would be a lot more likely to endorse Rand Paul if he were running for President.

erowe1
10-24-2011, 03:04 PM
He said that was only for the day that he was feeling sick. He said that he just didn't feel "up to" talking to Ron Paul supporters. Lol.

I'm pretty sure it's been going on pretty much continuously for about 4 years now.

Paulistinian
10-24-2011, 03:05 PM
A limbaugh endorsement is a very real possibility. He hates Romney, and can't find a conservative candidate to get behind. He backs the Paul Plan. That is such a huge step in the right direction... as time progresses, Limbaugh will see that the only conservative, the only candidate willing to make cuts is Paul and will back him despite disagreeing with some of his foreign policy. Limbaugh had no problem with the 200bil cut from militarism, he has not been a supporter of Obama's military adventures in Africa and Pakistan... he is not as big of a hawk as people think. More than anything Limbaugh hates RINOS like Romney and the rest.

erowe1
10-24-2011, 03:10 PM
More than anything Limbaugh hates RINOS like Romney and the rest.

Limbaugh's entire career has revolved around praising those people and attacking anyone who doesn't like them. Four years ago he thought Romney epitomized conservatism. Other heroes of his include both Bushes, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Tom Delay, and Newt Gingrich. He doesn't care about cutting budgets. He cares about what letter people have after their name. The biggest gripe he has against Paul isn't that he thinks he can't win, or he thinks he's too much of a dove, or too extreme. The biggest gripe he has against him is that he thinks he's destroying the GOP, which for Limbaugh is the worst possible sin.

Fredom101
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Limbaugh's entire career has revolved around praising those people and attacking anyone who doesn't like them. Four years ago he thought Romney epitomized conservatism. Other heroes of his include both Bushes, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Tom Delay, and Newt Gingrich. He doesn't care about cutting budgets. He cares about what letter people have after their name. The biggest gripe he has against Paul isn't that he thinks he can't win, or he thinks he's too much of a dove, or too extreme. The biggest gripe he has against him is that he thinks he's destroying the GOP, which for Limbaugh is the worst possible sin.

Limbaugh's ratings are highest when a democrat is in office, so you can bet your ass he is happier with Obama than anyone else.

freshjiva
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
A word of caution: please, please please only call if you know exactly what you're talking about and can cite facts concisely. Get to your point really fast. Talk radio moves quickly so you won't have forever to explain history. If you take your merry old time getting out what you want to say with a bunch of "uhhs" or "umms" then he will cut you off and make you look like a fool. That will do more harm than help our cause.

dbill27
10-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Isn't it weird that "conservative" talk show hosts let liberals on the air to argue with all the time but not Ron supporters?

NeoconTea
10-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Limbaugh has tight control over his show and the viewpoints that win out there. If you say something he doesn't like, he will get the last word, and make your opinion come out looking like whatever he wants it to.
That's why you've got to bring the quote up first from Netanyahu and give him no room to work with.

erowe1
10-24-2011, 03:21 PM
That's why you've got to bring the quote up first from Netanyahu and give him no room to work with.

He has plenty of room to work with. It's his show. He can say whatever he wants. He will control the content. His callers won't. Quoting Netanyahu won't change that.

NeoconTea
10-24-2011, 03:24 PM
He has plenty of room to work with. It's his show. He can say whatever he wants. He will control the content. His callers won't. Quoting Netanyahu won't change that.
He's an Israel firster. He's not going to position himself against Netanyahu. He can't say "oh that caller was so stupid" when you're quoting his hero. That's why it gives you a sort of immunity to negative attacks.

jmdrake
10-24-2011, 03:24 PM
The thing is, Rush has already indirectly endorsed Ron's foreign policy. He embraced the "Restore America" plan and claimed to have been its inventor. When Rush talked about the cuts to foreign aid and Pentagon war spending he did not say "Well I disagree with Paul on this". See:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?323803-Ron-Paul-on-front-of-Rushlimbaugh.com!-(And-it-s-positive)
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/10/17/ron_paul_has_a_good_idea_no_really

RUSH: (laughing) I knew you wouldn't believe it. Kevin Williamson writing at The Corner, National Review Online: "Politico reports that Ron Paul is about to show the Republican presidential field what a serious fiscal-reform plan looks like, proposing $1 trillion in real spending cuts. I look forward to seeing the detailed version of the plan, but the summary sounds promising: He’ll propose immediately freezing spending by numerous government agencies at 2006 levels, the last time Republicans had complete control of the federal budget, and drastically reducing spending elsewhere. The EPA would see a 30 percent cut, the Food and Drug Administration would see one of 40 percent and foreign aid would be zeroed out immediately. He’d also take an ax to Pentagon funding for wars.

"Medicaid, the children’s health insurance program, food stamps, family support programs and the children’s nutrition program would all be block-granted to the states and removed from the mandatory spending column of the federal budget. Some functions of eliminated departments, such as Pell Grants, would be continued elsewhere in the federal bureaucracy. ... The federal workforce would be reduced by 10 percent, and the president’s pay would be cut to $39,336 -- a level that the Paul document notes is 'approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker.'" Now, throw that out, that's silly, symbolic stuff. What this indicates is something, folks, that we have got to face. If we are serious about this, fooling around the margins on all this spending isn't gonna get it done. A 2% tax cut here, or a 3% tax variation over there, not gonna fix what's wrong.

Tell the screener you want to talk about Rush's plans for cutting the deficit and the debt. ;) Then tell Rush how much you agree with him, that the problem is that both sides have "sacred cows" that they don't want to kill. Remind him what he said about Paul's plan including foreign aid and Pentagon war spending and praise Rush for his fiscal courage. :)

NeoconTea
10-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Tell the screener you want to talk about Rush's plans for cutting the deficit and the debt. ;)
No don't do that. You won't even get on air if you mention his name.

erowe1
10-24-2011, 03:29 PM
He can't say "oh that caller was so stupid" when you're quoting his hero.

Sure he can. Or he can say something that makes the caller look stupid without saying that. Or he can just let the caller sit on hold for 3 hours and never get on the air. Or he can cut the caller off before getting the quote out and then chastise them for talking about something different than what they told the screener.

erowe1
10-24-2011, 03:29 PM
No don't do that. You won't even get on air if you mention his name.

You won't get on the air for mentioning Rush's own name?

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Dont' talk about foreign policy, he will just go nuts and hate Ron even more. Demand cuts to the spending and tell that liberals are communists. And mention Ron wants to cut 1 trillion dollars.

Paulatized
10-24-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't think he would all of a sudden just out and out support Ron Paul. I think he might if he seemly was "backed into a corner and had no other choice." To have an excuse so it could be begrudgingly rather that a light coming on and his whole way of thinking changed. Like he did by supporting Ron Paul's economic plan by calling it his own.

NeoconTea
10-24-2011, 04:29 PM
You won't get on the air for mentioning Rush's own name?
Oh oops I read that as Ron hahah I'm stupid

TheTexan
10-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Just remember: "Live" radio is not live. There's a significant time delay, which gives them time to edit out vulgarities, such as shit, fuck, or ron paul.

jmdrake
10-24-2011, 05:11 PM
...nvm

Cody1
10-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Just remember: "Live" radio is not live. There's a significant time delay, which gives them time to edit out vulgarities, such as shit, fuck, or ron paul.

roflmao

GeorgiaAvenger
10-24-2011, 05:42 PM
DO NOT BE A DUMB SUPPORTERS AND CUSS

heavenlyboy34
10-24-2011, 05:49 PM
I think it's pretty pointless to try to talk about RP explicitly on these shows. If you're going to call, just discuss issues on principle/the RP perspective in the broader sense/Constitutionalism.

Liberty74
10-24-2011, 05:57 PM
I would not tell Snerdly that you are a RP supporter. Instead, bring up the issues you want to talk about. Do not say you want to talk about his tea when you aren't. Rush will get the last word by bashing you for lying to get on. It is his show after all.

Be honest upfront. Engage him politely and intellectually on those issues, whatever you want them to be. Make him and his audience THINK.

NeoconTea
10-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Be honest upfront. Engage him politely and intellectually on those issues, whatever you want them to be. Make him and his audience THINK.
There's no time to be intellectual. Get a quality soundbit in there. The choice is either military donation info or a Netanyahu quote in there, or both, and then watch as he fumbles over words and ends up semi-supporting Ron Paul.

RoyalShock
10-25-2011, 09:22 AM
I think it's pretty pointless to try to talk about RP explicitly on these shows. If you're going to call, just discuss issues on principle/the RP perspective in the broader sense/Constitutionalism.

This.

People need to be educated. For many of Rush's listeners the mention of Ron Paul is going to initiate an automatic and immediate shutdown of their common sense receptors. But if you get them to start thinking and re-evaluating their stances (a similar process many of us went through when coming around to Paul's positions) they will discover Ron and see him in a new light.

NeoconTea
10-30-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm not going to give up trying to get on his show and neither should you!

TNforPaul45
10-30-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm not going to give up trying to get on his show and neither should you!

Neocon, its like winning the lottery: you have a .0001% chance of doing so, but if you do, piles of money will come flowing in.

I am afraid that if Rush Limbaugh ever really supported Paul (hey may already, privately), that he would never disclose it publicly. He is a controlled asset.

coffeewithchess
10-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Sounds like we need a Silence Dogood strategy...
http://www.pbs.org/benfranklin/l3_wit_name.html

Seriously though, I don't hear a lot of GOOD RP callers on shows, they seem to stumble, fumble, and of course the hosts almost always go crazy...making the situation 10 times worse than it is, even WHEN callers know what they are talking about.

Aden
10-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Are you guys dreaming?

Thursday I was running errands and had Rush on in the car. He said that "any of the Republican candidates, minus Ron Paul and John Huntsman, can beat Obama next year." Then on Friday I heard him rant about how all the Republican candidates have good qualities about them. He went on to list something positive about EVERY candidate, minus Johnson, Huntsman and Paul. He even praised Santorum who gets like 1% in the polls.

You have to be dreaming to believe that Rush would endorse Ron. For crying out loud, you guys are formulating strategies to get past his call screeners because he dislikes Paul so much.

stuntman stoll
10-30-2011, 08:38 PM
something to keep in mind, I remember Rush saying that there is about a 1 minute delay in what you hear on the radio. It is not the usual 7 second delay. That means that they can scrap a whole call if something like "ron paul" or "humble foreign policy" is mentioned.

NeoconTea
10-30-2011, 08:56 PM
It's worth a try to get on but you have to write down exactly what you're going to say and be prepared to deliver it effectively.

Anti Federalist
10-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Pretty sad what a quarter billion dollar radio contract will buy.

I remember when he was just starting out, and was, at that time, almost as radical an anti-establishment voice as Alex Jones is today.

Meh, good luck, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for success.

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-03-2011, 01:15 PM

I am not; I repeat: I am not calling you out on this. I'd like to know where I could source this statement. It would be informative to many arguments.

I'm sure you're correct, anyway.

wgadget
11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Rush isn't the only one who screens out Ron Paul calls.

I've heard Savage, Levin, and Hannity say the same thing. I'm sure the others do also without mentioning. It's just obvious because you rarely hear a Ron Paul supporter on the radio.

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Pretty sad what a quarter billion dollar radio contract will buy.

I remember when he was just starting out, and was, at that time, almost as radical an anti-establishment voice as Alex Jones is today.

Meh, good luck, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for success.

That's when I started listening to Rush, as a very young man. I've watched Limbaugh's devolution over the years with a mixture of sorrow and disgust. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

BTW, Alex Jones is doing his own 27 hour marathon moneybomb today. Perhaps the forums should look into it. But, what do I know?