PDA

View Full Version : Does the general public really understand Ron Paul's plans?

sdsubball23
10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Does the general public really understand Ron Paul's plans? Do they understand in their own terms what Ron is talking about regarding the $1 trillion cut, foreign policy, etc.?

I think this could be a hindrance to them voting for Ron if they do not know what Ron's plans are and how they would work. What do you think?

I think Ron should do some more explaining of his plan in more simple easy to understand terms.

JamesButabi
10-24-2011, 02:47 PM
No they don't. The people who understand it are the Ron Paul supporters already. I totally agree that Ron needs to "dumb down" the message.

JohnGalt23g
10-24-2011, 02:50 PM
No way does the general public understand his plans. Hell, I'm formally educated in economics, and I have trouble with metal-based money supply. Most people will go out and vote, maybe, if their party does a good enough job getting them to the polls. If not, the average American won't vote, even in many Presidential elections.

The general public doesn't vote in GOP primaries however.

Dr.3D
10-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Of course they don't know much about Ron Paul, if the media ever gives him any time, it's 30 seconds to explain something that would normally take in an hour.

RDM
10-24-2011, 03:48 PM
We live in a dumb-downed society. To get the attention of the average voter you have to explain things Sesame Street style. Average voters want to hear how does this affect me, not the whole country. You have to deliver a message in simple nuts and bolts for them to grasp it. That's why I liked the Meet the Press interview. Ron was in some ways explaining things where the average voter could understand a good portion of what he was trying to convey. In the debates though, I feel Ron feels like he's getting rushed and gets tongue tied and he rushes through the message and the message gets lost.

R3volutionJedi
10-24-2011, 04:03 PM
No they don't. The people who understand it are the Ron Paul supporters already. I totally agree that Ron needs to "dumb down" the message.

Yeah, I sadly, agree.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Well, general public mostly don't even know who he is.

jmdrake
10-24-2011, 04:07 PM
The general public doesn't even know about Ron Paul's plan. It's up to the campaign and the grassroots to change that. On Ron's part the words "Restore America Plan" have to become as ubiquitous to him as "9-9-9" has become to Herman Cain. Everything he says from now on must be caged in terms of the "Restore America Plan" for this to work. Somebody wants to talk about foreign policy? "We simply can't afford that foreign aid or all of these wars if we are going to Restore America." Social Security? "The Restore America Plan preserves it for those who need it, while giving young people better options." Immigration? "Once we cut welfare under Restore America, there will be less of an incentive for some people to immigrate, and those who do come will not be unfairly scapegoated." It's got to get to the point where late night talk show hosts start making jokes about how Ron is always talking about "Restore America". It's got to get to the point where the rabid left and the neocon right start attacking Ron for his plan to "Restore America". First the ignore you...then they laugh at you...then they attack you...then you win.

10-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Honest answer, they sorta do, not well enough yet.

gb13
10-24-2011, 04:28 PM
...the words "Restore America Plan" have to become as ubiquitous to him as "9-9-9" has become to Herman Cain....

THIS!

When Blerman Lame first came up with his bogus plan, "999" was mentioned BY NAME from him literally almost every time he opened his mouth. Worked like a charm. Repetition. It's marketing 101. Ron needs to employ this tactic.

wilcox71
10-24-2011, 04:36 PM
short answer no they don't have the capacity to understand.