PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs $4.2 million by the end of November

1stAmendguy
10-24-2011, 01:42 PM
I recieved a letter in my mailbox today from Ron Paul. The last part of the letter discusses what the campaign plans to do in the next couple of months.

Quoting a few paragraphs from Ron's letter:

"You see, over the next 90 days, we will need to unleash our campaign's largest wave of ads and voter contact initiatives to date."

"The total cost for this vital messaging plan is $5.2 million."

"A million dollar ad and mail blitz this month marked the beginning of the first wave of this effort."

"But we will need to raise an additional $4.2 million by the end of November to be able to carry out this entire plan."

"This will include TV, radio, and mail in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and more. It will include running internet ads nationwide and putting solid teams of workers on the ground."

bluesc
10-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Should be easy if the 11/11 moneybomb comes anywhere near the Nov 5th '07 moneybomb. Quite a challenge if it bombs.

RonPaulRules
10-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah I got the same letter in my snail mail today too.

eduardo89
10-24-2011, 01:49 PM
I've always thought the campaign needs about $8 million this quarter to really spread the message. Come on guys, let's get them at least $3 million on November 11th!!

10-24-2011, 01:51 PM
4 million? We can handle that.

eduardo89
10-24-2011, 01:51 PM
4 million? We can handle that.

Easy peasy lemon squeezey

AlexG
10-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Does the letter make reference to the moneybomb that just happened? I wonder if they counted in the $2.7m raised or if the letter was written before hand

Steve-in-NY
10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Im donating on Wednesday (payday) if thats the case. Thanks for the heads up!

thehighwaymanq
10-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Not bad. We will hit that and then some!

ItsTime
10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
We need to push the moneybomb and 5 dollar fridays for Ron Paul 2012 I just created it have not pushed it, but take it and run with it!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164429353651344

badger4RP
10-24-2011, 02:10 PM
guess we have our goal for the 11th...

CaptainAmerica
10-24-2011, 02:10 PM
I wish they would be more detailed :
Does the campaign need the 4 million by the end of november to invest it for December ads?
Does the campaign need the 4 million by the beginning of november to invest it for ads in November?
HOW soon does the campaign need that money specifically so it can invest the money on time for whatever it plans?
..It would be nice if we knew these details more,I know in 2007 the fundraising kinda lagged behind the actions in which the campaign needed to take. Millions upon millions of dollars come in too late for the campaign to run ads,and I just hope that doesnt happen this time.

1stAmendguy
10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Does the letter make reference to the moneybomb that just happened? I wonder if they counted in the $2.7m raised or if the letter was written before hand

It doesn't mention the Black This Out moneybomb, however the letter was dated October 19th - the same day.

trey4sports
10-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Let's just focus on getting them as much as we can.

John F Kennedy III
10-24-2011, 02:38 PM
I recieved a letter in my mailbox today from Ron Paul. The last part of the letter discusses what the campaign plans to do in the next couple of months.

Quoting a few paragraphs from Ron's letter:

"You see, over the next 90 days, we will need to unleash our campaign's largest wave of ads and voter contact initiatives to date."

"The total cost for this vital messaging plan is $5.2 million."

"A million dollar ad and mail blitz this month marked the beginning of the first wave of this effort."

"But we will need to raise an additional $4.2 million by the end of November to be able to carry out this entire plan."

"This will include TV, radio, and mail in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and more. It will include running internet ads nationwide and putting solid teams of workers on the ground."

I say we make $4mil the goal for the 11/11/11 moneybomb. By the way, have we decided on a name yet?

Joseph
10-24-2011, 03:06 PM
The letter says that they planned a 5.2 million dollar ad campaign and the they started with the first wave of ads that just went out. They need another 4.2 million to continue this advertiseing plan. They need an additional 4.2 million by the end of november, I think it's implying on top of Black THIS Out which means that the November moneybombs need to rake in over 4 million dollars. I know we can do it. November 5th and November 11th are both perfect days and between the two of them we could raise even 5 million dollars. I have a feeling this 4th quarter will raise the most in a single quarter we have ever raised for Paul that includes the 2007-2008 campaign!

robmpreston
10-24-2011, 03:08 PM
I say we make $4mil the goal for the 11/11/11 moneybomb. By the way, have we decided on a name yet?

Sorry, but if BTO only raised 2+ mil then 11/11/11 has little chance of $4 mil considering BTO had more time and better planning.

Steve-in-NY
10-24-2011, 03:13 PM
HOW soon does the campaign need that money specifically so it can invest the money on time for whatever it plans?
ASAP, as in yesterday would have be nice so they wouldnt have to send an email.

The money bomb is a good idea and all, but we have to keep it rolling in folks.
Pick a reasonable number, and when you have that much, donate it.
For instance I think $5 Fridays are a great idea.
Think if the people that donated to blackthisout alone just dropped $5 every friday. That'd be $200,000 a week, which to be fair is only about ¼ of the goal, but its a start and the faster we can get boots on the ground and some ads launched the better.
Time is NOT on our side.

KingNothing
10-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I wish they would be more detailed :
Does the campaign need the 4 million by the end of november to invest it for December ads?
Does the campaign need the 4 million by the beginning of november to invest it for ads in November?
..It would be nice if we knew these details more,I know in 2007 the fundraising kinda lagged behind the actions in which the campaign needed to take. Millions upon millions of dollars come in too late for the campaign to run ads,and I just hope that doesnt happen this time.

The total cost of their message is $5.2M. They need $4.2M by the end of November. The money will pay for television and radio spots, internet ads and a ground team. The letter was drafted before the BTO moneybomb, so it seems to me that we're already half-way to their goal.

Chieppa1
10-24-2011, 03:27 PM
None of this means the ONLINE money-bomb needs to make $4 million. We are not the only people donating. If the campaign can't make any of that money the old-fashion way. We got serious problems.

Diurdi
10-24-2011, 03:29 PM
None of this means the ONLINE money-bomb needs to make $4 million. We are not the only people donating. If the campaign can't make any of that money the old-fashion way. We got serious problems. They are clearly making money other ways than through money bombs.

Chieppa1
10-24-2011, 03:31 PM
They are clearly making money other ways than through money bombs.

I know that. But we see "needs 4.2" and now the next moneybomb, which is in 2 weeks needs to make $4 million? I want it to, but the NEED stuff causes a lot of un-needed pressure.

asurfaholic
10-24-2011, 03:37 PM
None of this means the ONLINE money-bomb needs to make $4 million. We are not the only people donating. If the campaign can't make any of that money the old-fashion way. We got serious problems.

Whats the old fashion way? Laying bed with big corporations and special "groups?"

Ya, we are just about all Ron's got when it comes to rolling in money. Most of us don't have much, but RON has NUMBERS. He has ALL of us. We make a formidable team against the enemy MSM and big corporate Americka. They are hoping to rule with fascism under the disguise of "helping the helpless" We believe freedom is the answer,and want to rule our own lives.

We need to work very hard on raising as much as possible at these moneybombs. We also need to be more creative and find other ways to connect with potential voters and donors. We NEED more community outreach, that is something that EACH person here could get involved with, no excuses.

I would make it my goal to give Ron 4.25 million, and stop hoping the campaign relys on "old fashion." We are the Ron Paul movement. Ron Paul is just a guy...

Birdlady
10-24-2011, 03:37 PM
My husband and I both got the letter today too. If you can give again this soon after BTO, just do it now in my opinion. I might get screamed at for this, but the sooner RP gets the money the quicker they can use it on more ads.

Don't wait for the next money bomb if you don't have to...

IndianaPolitico
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
The Paul campaign said they brought in 1 million BETWEEN the EOTQP and BTO. That is less then a month, if they can keep up that momentum, they should be doing pretty good.

ONUV
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
november = moneybomb month

Chieppa1
10-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Whats the old fashion way? Laying bed with big corporations and special "groups?"

Ya, we are just about all Ron's got when it comes to rolling in money. Most of us don't have much, but RON has NUMBERS. He has ALL of us. We make a formidable team against the enemy MSM and big corporate Americka. They are hoping to rule with fascism under the disguise of "helping the helpless" We believe freedom is the answer,and want to rule our own lives.

We need to work very hard on raising as much as possible at these moneybombs. We also need to be more creative and find other ways to connect with potential voters and donors. We NEED more community outreach, that is something that EACH person here could get involved with, no excuses.

I would make it my goal to give Ron 4.25 million, and stop hoping the campaign relys on "old fashion." We are the Ron Paul movement. Ron Paul is just a guy...

no...I meant NON internet donations. This is what I'm talking about.

LibertyEagle
10-24-2011, 03:43 PM
ASAP, as in yesterday would have be nice so they wouldnt have to send an email.

The money bomb is a good idea and all, but we have to keep it rolling in folks.
Pick a reasonable number, and when you have that much, donate it.
For instance I think $5 Fridays are a great idea.
Think if the people that donated to blackthisout alone just dropped $5 every friday. That'd be $200,000 a week, which to be fair is only about ¼ of the goal, but its a start and the faster we can get boots on the ground and some ads launched the better.
Time is NOT on our side.

That is really not a good plan. A high percentage of the donation would be eaten up by the credit card companies in transaction fees. So, if you want to do this, the only viable way to do it is to mail in checks.

traviskicks
10-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Yeah I got the same letter in my snail mail today too.

Is there a way to make them stop sending mail to us? I hate that they waste stamps and all that on me.

eduardo89
10-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Is there a way to make them stop sending mail to us? I hate that they waste stamps and all that on me.

call the nearest campaign office and let them know. while you're at it donate $10 to cover the mail you've already received ;)

chris41336
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Whelp I guess that I will just have to donate my while $4.2 million dollar fortune to the campaign then :)

John F Kennedy III
10-24-2011, 06:56 PM
I don't understand this defeatist attitude of already accepting that we won't raise $4mil...

IndianaPolitico
10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Believe me, the campaign doesn't throw out a number that they don't think they can shoot past easily!

Carole
10-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Did anyone else not receive an email acknowledging their donation last time?

Question: If you donate twice for the same moneybomb, would you just receive email for the first donation?

That would explain it since I donated twice last moneybomb.

libertybrewcity
10-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Is there a website and/date for the next moneybomb?

RileyE104
10-24-2011, 07:19 PM
We need at least $10,000,000 this quarter! We've already raised about $3,000,000 of that total. Another $7,000,000+ before the end of December should be easy for us. If even just half of that could be hit by the end of November, it would be awesome.

ItsTime
10-24-2011, 07:20 PM
As for fees, I would not worry about them. The fee is not enough to worry about. Here are the paypal fees.

https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/send_money_fees

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but my last twenty-five dollar donation by credit card somehow went through paypal and I was charge extra $10 for it.

Also I did not receive an email acknowledging the donation.

Just an FYI for what it is worth.

That is not common knowledge because that is not common. I would call paypal and your credit card company to see what happened.

Carole
10-24-2011, 07:24 PM
But we will need to raise an additional $4.2 million by the end of November to be able to carry out this entire plan.

Sounds explicit to me.

They always will need the money ahead of time. Maybe by several weeks to a month if I remember correctly from 2008 campaign. Anybody else know?

Carole
10-24-2011, 07:31 PM

I think what is meant by the "old fashioned" way is by telephone and by costly snail mail begging. We have the ineternet, a much more efficient and quick 21st century way to get the money and get it quickly. :D

Also it is done by having those awful dinners where the candidate has to go here and there and give those speeches. Dr. Paul should not have to wear himself out by doing much of that. He travels enough and speaks enough already. We need to keep it as easy as possible for him to continue the campaign. Please. :)

FSP-Rebel
10-24-2011, 07:38 PM
I'd say don't count what we'd likely raise if offline donations that way we'll have a nice bonus over and above the ticker's report. They'll use whatever money we can raise for them on ads of some sort, so what we accomplish will be their budget. This is perfect timing to spend that kinda coin since Cain is expected to drop at least a little while Perry and Bachmann are fizzling out. The more supporters we bring in with this money means more dough for going into the primaries and caucuses plus all the GOTV efforts we can afford.

Blankstare
10-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Believe me, the campaign doesn't throw out a number that they don't think they can shoot past easily!

Right. Also, when we hit that number, we should fully expect them to have a further need. They are setting a very low expectation. We should really consider that they NEED $15,000,000 and be on par with the fundraising of the other campaigns. Focus on raising money, and not on sitting in Ron Paul forums and chats and Facebook groups all day long, but on winning new supporters, then a few times a day encourage donations on the various groups.

dante
10-24-2011, 09:12 PM
We raised almost 20 million for Paul in the 4th quarter in 2007. Frankly we need to match that this time around. He needs to be able to spend 1 million a week from now through Super Tuesday.

CaptainAmerica
10-24-2011, 09:14 PM
The total cost of their message is $5.2M. They need $4.2M by the end of November. The money will pay for television and radio spots, internet ads and a ground team. The letter was drafted before the BTO moneybomb, so it seems to me that we're already half-way to their goal.ah cool! I hope we exceed that goal

kojirodensetsu
10-24-2011, 09:20 PM
In order to make 4+ million, I think realistically we need 2 money bombs before the end of November, not 1.

jacmicwag
10-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Looks like no food again this November. Maybe we'll get lucky and some other folks will jump in to help buy the biscuits. If not, there's always peanut butter and sardines.

Okie RP fan
10-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Looks like no food again this November. Maybe we'll get lucky and some other folks will jump in to help buy the biscuits. If not, there's always peanut butter and sardines.

This will become a big issue. A lot of us are beginning to realize that instead of focusing so much time on here, we need to be spreading the good word to neighbors and anchoring down family and close friends.

rich34
10-24-2011, 10:47 PM
To bad we didn't have a large active duty email list because those guys have deep pockets. Promote it to them by honoring them and maybe get the anti war folks behind it as well. Might just get up there then.

mport1
10-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Sorry, but if BTO only raised 2+ mil then 11/11/11 has little chance of $4 mil considering BTO had more time and better planning.
Unfortunately I think you are wrong, but I hope you're not. I thought BTO would bring in $6 million easy. We seriously need to get to work on the next one if we want it to be successful.

LibertasPraesidium
10-24-2011, 11:05 PM
If the campaign has told us that we need to assist them in their goal of 4.2 even if BTO isn't included, we can still do something about it. When did the blimp come out in '07?

eleganz
10-24-2011, 11:32 PM
I have a question guys, if we max out in donations, can we still buy campaign supplies from ronpaul2012.com?

FSP-Rebel
10-24-2011, 11:45 PM
I have a question guys, if we max out in donations, can we still buy campaign supplies from ronpaul2012.com?
Good Q. It's been on my mind for a short spell now. Even if some of us are maxed, we obviously can still buy from the campaign store but do we still pay prices that offer a profit to the campaign? Not sure of the details. Someone? Thx

Esoteric
10-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Why are we not as passionate this time around? We actually have a conceivable path to victory, and we're dropping the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K91WIBsKu_Y

orenbus
10-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Sucks you guys weren't on board with 11/5-11/11 fundraising week I would have said 4.2 is possible, but without 11/5 it makes this challenging to be sure.

lucent
10-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Sucks you guys weren't on board with 11/5-11/11 fundraising week I would have said 4.2 is possible, but without 11/5 it makes this challenging to be sure.

I agree, but the RPF owner banned talk about it. If this thing becomes a disaster, it is going be because of censorship from above.

FSP-Rebel
10-25-2011, 01:08 AM
I agree, but the RPF owner banned talk about it. If this thing becomes a disaster, it is going be because of censorship from above.No worries holmes. They are just playin close to the vest. We are all open to new friends here. but i spect that no one but Paul will make it hhm?

10-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Time for the campaign to bring back "12 million to WIN"

lucent
10-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Time for the campaign to bring back "12 million to WIN"

I agree on this. :D

Eric21ND
10-25-2011, 02:17 AM
On paper this looks very doable, but without a ticker I'm not so sure.

AmberH
10-25-2011, 04:57 AM
I think to raise some of the money the campaign store needs to sell meet Ron Paul raffle tickets. They need to make a limited amount and set a draw date and make it clear that when all the raffle tickets are gone no more will be sold. 50,000 raffle tickets at $20.00 = $1,000,000

devil21
10-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Do we all have yard signs set up? I doubt it. Stuff like that gives ammo to new voters to make donations they might not otherwise make in the absence of clear support in their own communities. Keeping up with the Joneses is very real and we each can be Joneses. That's how we start getting donations and attention outside of our usual processes.

dante
10-25-2011, 05:24 AM

I don't think you legally can. Purchases from the store still count as donations.

pacelli
10-25-2011, 05:47 AM
He's only got 1 event scheduled on the campaign calendar for the entire month of November?? I hope they just need to update the calendar.

pacelli
10-25-2011, 05:49 AM

No you cannot, because even though you are buying a product, those purchases still count as a donation. If you are maxed out, get your campaign supplies from some of the non-affiliated places that have been vetted by the grassroots.

neverseen
10-25-2011, 05:53 AM
That, or donate to the chip ins for local projects!