PDA

View Full Version : Reddit pretends: Sanctity of Life Act bans IUDs, Hormonal Contraception, and Abortions.

Darin
10-24-2011, 01:20 PM
I learned this today on reddit! (http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/ln1h3/ron_pauls_sanctity_of_life_act_defines_life_as/)

- Darin

dannno
10-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Do you mean that it allows states to ban them?

Ron Paul has said he is ok with allowing people to choose hormonal contraception including the morning after pill, but he is leaving it up to the states in this case.

1000-points-of-fright
10-24-2011, 01:24 PM
I learned this today on reddit! (http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/ln1h3/ron_pauls_sanctity_of_life_act_defines_life_as/)

So it must be true!

bluesc
10-24-2011, 01:34 PM
r/politics. I'd rather pour molten lava over my balls than visit that place.

Darin
10-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Not just r/politics. It's reached the top of the front page of reddit.

- Darin

bluesc
10-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Not just r/politics. It's reached the top of the front page of reddit.

- Darin

Not for those of us that removed it from our frontpage. I did however upvote that top comment before getting the hell out of there as quickly as possible.

RonPaulCult
10-24-2011, 01:47 PM
r/politics. I'd rather pour molten lava over my balls than visit that place.

I also saw that on reddit. But since it was in /politics I downvoted it and assumed it was absolute bullshit. I suggest you do the same in the future.

bluesc
10-24-2011, 01:51 PM
I also saw that on reddit. But since it was in /politics I downvoted it and assumed it was absolute bullshit. I suggest you do the same in the future.

I don't visit r/politics unless directed there. The level of stupidity and hypocrisy is unbearable.

fisharmor
10-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Ron Paul has said he is ok with allowing people to choose hormonal contraception including the morning after pill, but he is leaving it up to the states in this case.

A much larger percentage of the population finds contraception acceptable.
However, IUDs are abortofacients.

Darin
10-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Ah, yeah bluesc. I still have a mostly default setup. But for people who don't sign in, and those of us who have Politics somewhere in there, it's on the front unfortunately.

I messaged the moderators... the response I got simply said that it was true according to the discussion! And that the title wasn't editorialized enough to justify removal.

I made a pretty solid case after that, with references, but I haven't gotten any response or anything.

- Darin