PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul will be on Hannity tonight 10/24/11!

jct74
10-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Could @RonPaul play spoiler in one of the early voting states? He talks 2012 tonight on @hannityshow! 9 p.m. ET @FoxNews

http://twitter.com/#!/hannityshow/status/128512714308980736

update: tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eev3nWStrok

bluesc
10-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Yes!

Knock it out of the park Ron. I'm glad he accepted.

RIPLEYMOM
10-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Yay!!!!!

TheTexan
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Looking forward to this! :)

CaptUSA
10-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Is he a spoiler? Huh? Like the only reason he is in this is to make sure someone else doesn't win?

TER
10-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Too early for tubes? hehe

This is great news!

Bruno
10-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Why would he be a spoiler, but a win by any other candidate would not be?

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Why would he be a spoiler, but a win by any other candidate would not be?

We have to make sure one of those other tools don't spoil it for RON.

I hope Ron has his 'I don't intend to be a spoiler -- I intend to WIN' line down.

Czolgosz
10-24-2011, 11:12 AM
I don't listen to Hannity, unless by accident. What has been his demeanor toward Ron since their last interview (couple weeks ago?)?

rideurlightning
10-24-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't listen to Hannity, unless by accident. What has been his demeanor toward Ron since their last interview (couple weeks ago?)?

He hasn't given him much attention, but I'm pretty sure he looks somewhat positively on Ron besides his stance on Foreign Policy.

Fermli
10-24-2011, 11:17 AM
I hope Paul brings up the military donations again. Needs to hit that fact every time.

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 11:17 AM
He wants to like Ron's budget. That may give Ron an opening.

TER
10-24-2011, 11:18 AM

His stance is to quickly change the topic of Ron Paul to Herman Cain.

trey4sports
10-24-2011, 11:21 AM
I cannot stand Hannity. Just blah... but hey, I bet Hannity's viewership doesn't have a very good impression of Ron as it is now so we can only gain support with this interview.

trey4sports
10-24-2011, 11:22 AM
His stance is to quickly change the topic of Ron Paul to Herman Cain.

yeah, everytime Ron is mentioned he quickly asks the guest "so what do you think of Herman Cain" seems to be an involuntary action.

bluesc
10-24-2011, 11:27 AM
He wants to like Ron's budget. That may give Ron an opening.

He does. Ron really needs to mention the military donations. He got more than all of the candidates combined, including the incumbent President. Can Hannity appear to dismiss the troops opinion on national TV?

AdamT
10-24-2011, 11:44 AM
"Thanks for being with us Ron. So what do you think of Herman Cain?"

JamesButabi
10-24-2011, 11:45 AM
After seeing Ron on MTP, I wouldn't be worried no matter what show he went on.

CaptUSA
10-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I may be going out on a limb here, but doesn anyone think it's possible that Fox is floating a trial balloon to see if it's ok to pump up Ron Paul, now? They tried and failed with Trump, Cain, Bachman, Perry, Christie, and then Cain again... Could it be they're running out of options to keep the race heated?

If we see Hannity doing a fair interview, we'll have our answer.

Kords21
10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
The MSM can only argue against sound reasoning for so long before thier viewers/readers start calling them out.

Xelaetaks
10-24-2011, 11:54 AM
I was thinking this yesterday that the mainstream is testing out Ron Paul if he's the real deal. Meet the Press even seemed like a test of sorts and Ron Paul handled it perfect. Maybe we are on the verge of Ron Paul becoming more accepted in the mainstream. Before Ron Paul no one running for office was saying to audit the federal reserve.

Tod
10-24-2011, 11:57 AM
"Our brave men and women in the military disagree with you, Shawn, about our foreign policy, and they are the ones putting themselves in harm's way for you. What better way to honor and respect them than to support the man that they want to be the next Commander-in-Chief?"

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I may be going out on a limb here, but doesn anyone think it's possible that Fox is floating a trial balloon to see if it's ok to pump up Ron Paul, now? They tried and failed with Trump, Cain, Bachman, Perry, Christie, and then Cain again... Could it be they're running out of options to keep the race heated?

that was actually what I thought as well. If they want Ron's budget they have to let him present it properly. I think they might do that.

Tod
10-24-2011, 12:01 PM
I transcribed Dr. Paul's press conference (the one where he unveiled his economic plan). In doing so, I noticed that he has a way of joining almost all of his sentences with conjunctions (and, but). That tends to make him sound a little bit rambling and reduces the impact of his statements.

RonPaulRules
10-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Im worried Hannity tricked Ron into coming on the show by being nice to him lately...

Bruno
10-24-2011, 12:11 PM
On his radio show, he has consistently said to candidates on, "You are welcome on the program any time, just give us a call." Newt had been a frequent guest in the past, and has taken advantage of the offer.

Hopefully today's show goes well, there is a good rapport between them, and Ron Paul can take advantage of the offer to call into his show at any time, as well!

speciallyblend
10-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Im worried Hannity tricked Ron into coming on the show by being nice to him lately...

after watching mtp. I have no worry about hannity! Ron Paul will shine.

CaptUSA
10-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Whoa, what happened?!

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I moved the a bunch of posts to the basement, where I think is a better place for the side discussion.

KingNothing
10-24-2011, 12:20 PM
I moved the a bunch of posts to the basement, where I think is a better place for the side discussion.

speciallyblend
10-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Whoa, what happened?!

good way to stop everyone discussing i guess later! reminds me to get off computer.

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 12:23 PM
The discussion can continue. I just don't think that part of it needs to be here.

CaptUSA
10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
The discussion can continue. I just don't think that part of it needs to be here.I agree.

I'm starting to think that Fox is seeing Paul's support and is coming to the realization that he may actually win the Iowa caucus. And if that's the case, they want to keep the race alive as much as possible. If Mitt wins this thing early, it's bad for ratings. I suppose we'll find out tonight, but I get the sense that a corner is being turned this week.

wstrucke
10-24-2011, 12:38 PM
I transcribed Dr. Paul's press conference (the one where he unveiled his economic plan). In doing so, I noticed that he has a way of joining almost all of his sentences with conjunctions (and, but). That tends to make him sound a little bit rambling and reduces the impact of his statements.

That's probably because he's spent his entire political life being cut off.

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 12:39 PM
That's probably because he's spent his entire political life being cut off.

lol!

trey4sports
10-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Why was my post moved? It was not derogatory in the least

"What? I'm pretty sure this was after his budget came out."

Why would that be moved? I still believe that is correct as well.

speciallyblend
10-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Why was my post moved? It was not derogatory in the least

"What? I'm pretty sure this was after his budget came out."

Why would that be moved? I still believe that is correct as well.

they moved the discussion on this ,not sure where so oo well

10-24-2011, 01:50 PM

I think so after the way the rest of those clowns, expcept maybe newt, behaved in the last debate, fox and the rest of msm is worried. They want to be on the winning team. So they are putting out feelers to Ron. Accept it but cautiously. Going on Hannity is good and Ron seems prepared after MTP.

Liberty74
10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Not too change the Hannity show topic but this is from Judge Nap's Facebook...

"Is Karl Rove right? Are Ron Paul supporters too busy talking only to themselves? The Defender of the Constitution himself responds tonight on FreedomWatch 8PM ET on Fox Business"

10-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Rove is somewhat right. Hate Rove all you want, he has won a lot of elections.

bluesc
10-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Not too change the Hannity show topic but this is from Judge Nap's Facebook...

"Is Karl Rove right? Are Ron Paul supporters too busy talking only to themselves? The Defender of the Constitution himself responds tonight on FreedomWatch 8PM ET on Fox Business"

Interesting. I think Rove is right in a way. To be fair, he does criticize everyone, and that is some pretty soft criticism compared to other candidates.

PastaRocket848
10-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Karl Rove is an evil, despicable human being with a warm bed waiting in Hell. That said, he knows how to get people elected, and we should pay attention to whatever (respectful and honest) advice he offers.

Steve-in-NY
10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
My prediction:
Hannity lobs softballs.
Its up to Paul to knock them out of the park.

Seriously. Thats my prediction.

bluesc
10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
My prediction:
Hannity lobs softballs.
Its up to Paul to knock them out of the park.

Seriously. Thats my prediction.

You mean like Beck with Medina? Ron will challenge him for more.

10-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Karl Rove is an evil, despicable human being with a warm bed waiting in Hell. That said, he knows how to get people elected, and we should pay attention to whatever (respectful and honest) advice he offers.

Couldn't have said it better.

speciallyblend
10-24-2011, 02:19 PM
reference to snl skit:) i hope ron paul is packin;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0m6JwXBjjE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0m6JwXBjjE

Apparition
10-24-2011, 02:22 PM
You mean like Beck with Medina? Ron will challenge him for more.

That made me sick.

Tod
10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Will it be streaming here?

http://www.justin.tv/pepperman2?#/w/1945870128/35

bluesc
10-24-2011, 02:39 PM

Yep :)

Darin
10-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Hopefully Paul will be a bit nicer to Hannity this time.

Hannity has done a 180 toward Ron Paul, probably due in large part to Rand. But last time he interviewed Ron, Ron was short and sort of scowled at him. It wasn't good. Hannity is like... 80% with Paul at this point. Paul should be doing whatever he can to get this guy to see the light on the other 20%. As much as we don't like Hannity and a few others at this point... either turning them, or getting them on our good side would be HUGE. It's very important.

- Darin

WD-NY
10-24-2011, 03:36 PM

Hannity has done a 180 toward Ron Paul, probably due in large part to Rand. But last time he interviewed Ron, Ron was short and sort of scowled at him. It wasn't good. Hannity is like... 80% with Paul at this point. Paul should be doing whatever he can to get this guy to see the light on the other 20%. As much as we don't like Hannity and a few others at this point... either turning them, or getting them on our good side would be HUGE. It's very important.

- Darin

Kill Hannity with kindness!

Worked pretty well for Rand

USAFCapt
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Just DVR'd

anaconda
10-24-2011, 03:52 PM
I want him to call Hannity out for calling him an "idiot" on his radio show in January 2008, the day after the Myrtle Beach, S.C. debate. That would make Hannity squirm back to the stone age.

anaconda
10-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I want him to ask Hannity why it is, if he "agrees with 90%" of what Dr. Paul says, that he spends 101% of his time either bad-mouthing him or ignoring him.

CaptUSA
10-24-2011, 04:00 PM

If we see Hannity doing a fair interview, we'll have our answer.Wow... I thought this until I got home and started watching Fox. They are going back to Perry. The good news, though, is that there still may be time for Perry to rise and fall one more time.

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM

- Darin

I think Ron was thinking of the last time around, I think he was just keeping his guard up. But I agree, he needs to play ball himself if Hannity is being friendly.

Orgoonian
10-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Hannity will never ever,ever,ever be our friend on the air.
His personal feelings are irrelevant.
He will spew whatever live his boss gives him.This goes for ALL MsM.

He will praise Dr.Pauls economic plan,and deride his foreign policy.Same tactic as last time.

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Hannity will never ever,ever,ever be our friend on the air.
His personal feelings are irrelevant.
He will spew whatever live his boss gives him.This goes for ALL MsM.

He will praise Dr.Pauls economic plan,and deride his foreign policy.Same tactic as last time.

Why don't we wait and see?

Hannity doesn't have to endorse Ron in order to give him a fair platform.

Orgoonian
10-24-2011, 04:08 PM
I salute your optimism.:D

truthsaga
10-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't trust the Hannity producers or the host. What if the kindness towards RP is just to lure him in on nights like tonight and slam him about topics having to do with the college aid?

wgadget
10-24-2011, 04:10 PM
He MUST use this as an opportunity to explain the misdeeds of the Federal Reserve.

People are generally clueless.

It's your calling card, Ron! : )

10-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Don't be stupid people. Having Hannity even 90% onboard is a very good thing. He influences a lot of voters. Maybe some of those voters are sick of the wars. Think about it. Rove said we need to expand our base. This is how it's done.

Do we want to win this or whine about lack of coverage?

bluesc
10-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Don't be stupid people. Having Hannity even 90% onboard is a very good thing. He influences a lot of voters. Maybe some of those voters are sick of the wars. Think about it. Rove said we need to expand our base. This is how it's done.

Do we want to win this or whine about lack of coverage?

Exactly. People assume all his viewers share all the same views as him. Many of them, when presented with a truth bomb, may just wake up. That's how so many of you came to support Ron during those awful Republican debates.

WD-NY
10-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Looks like RP will also be in "the hot seat" on Wednesday!

Can't wait to see Charles Krauthammer seethe/have-a-minor-stroke less than a few feet from Ron.

anaconda
10-24-2011, 05:19 PM
"Our brave men and women in the military disagree with you, Shawn, about our foreign policy, and they are the ones putting themselves in harm's way for you. What better way to honor and respect them than to support the man that they want to be the next Commander-in-Chief?"

ding ding!

RDM
10-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Looks like RP will also be in "the hot seat" on Wednesday!

Can't wait to see Charles Krauthammer seethe/have-a-minor-stroke less than a few feet from Ron.

They said might. They were not definite when they mentioned it. Huntsman is supposed to be there also.

rprprs
10-24-2011, 05:35 PM

I am pleased that Ron will be on Hannity. This could prove very beneficial to Ron. I even believe there's a chance Sean might play fair with this interview. But seeing this as a sign of a trial balloon by Fox to push Ron's candidacy is WAY overly optimistic, IMHO. Sorry, but that's just never gonna happen.

PA27Pilot
10-24-2011, 05:42 PM
I know a lot of people are skeptical about how Hannity will play but I think this is a great thing regardless. To think that you won't sway a just a few people over this way or atleast get them thinking in a bit of a different direction.. I mean come on, Not EVERYONE is set in their own ways.. It just takes time. Ron has a way of not letting them trap him into corners no matter how they spin it, So I'm hoping for positive results :D

greeksta59
10-24-2011, 06:05 PM
YESSS!!! This cant be happening!!! :)

R3volutionJedi
10-24-2011, 06:11 PM
YESSS!!! This cant be happening!!! :)

Oh! but it is :D

brushfire
10-24-2011, 06:22 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fhGgnxQudo8/SgBbvqA6LPI/AAAAAAAAARM/wDe4v7zHUt4/s400/Carnac.jpg

Wallbanger:
> I love your son Rand. I have him on all the time. Do you think Rand will run in 2016?

> You have the most passionate followers. Those ruthless people threw snowballs at me.

> I agree with you 90% of the time. I've never been against you, cut me some slack. How am I establishment?

> You're polling at 7% nationally, what do you think of Herman Cain?

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 06:39 PM
I know a lot of people are skeptical about how Hannity will play but I think this is a great thing regardless. To think that you won't sway a just a few people over this way or atleast get them thinking in a bit of a different direction.. I mean come on, Not EVERYONE is set in their own ways.. It just takes time. Ron has a way of not letting them trap him into corners no matter how they spin it, So I'm hoping for positive results :D

Me too, and I'm glad Hannity is having him on. With our usual 'reward those who give Ron airtime' view, why don't we wait to pass judgments until the interview is over?

D.A.S.
10-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Me too, and I'm glad Hannity is having him on. With our usual 'reward those who give Ron airtime' view, why don't we wait to pass judgments until the interview is over?

This ^^^^

chris41336
10-24-2011, 06:48 PM
What time does Hannity usually have guests on his show? Towards the end of the show?

willwash
10-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Just keep the discussion on the debt and the economy, Ron. Stay away from foreign policy and social issues.

low preference guy
10-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Just keep the discussion on the debt and the economy, Ron. Stay away from foreign policy and social issues.

Ron Paul isn't the one asking the questions.

KramerDSP
10-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Hannity: "you have a plan I support. How can you get it through?"

Cordial thus far...

wgadget
10-24-2011, 07:05 PM
I just heard Hannity say to Levin that he and Ron would be talking about Egypt and Libya.

walt
10-24-2011, 07:06 PM
I think he wants to hug him :)

KramerDSP
10-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Hannity calls out Ron on his quote mocking Sean... even though Ron explained it to him on the radio.

DinahWest
10-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Started out well and now Sean is making it about himself!

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Here comes the attack! That might have been a bad move by Dr. Paul...if he really did make that quote, he should own up to it, not try to sidestep it.

DinahWest
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
"Buying of Friendship" I love the phrase!

KramerDSP
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Moving onto Libya. But not before a one-minute "how dare you" rant from Sean.

Hannity: Libya blowback coming, right?

LOL

DinahWest
10-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Handled Sean's foreign policy question terrifically!

KramerDSP
10-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Sean: "WE are Nato!"

Sean: "I agree with you!"

Esoteric
10-24-2011, 07:11 PM
slowww downnn ronnnnn

KramerDSP
10-24-2011, 07:12 PM
10 minutes, including the cold open for the 9 PM timeslot. I thought it was good except for the Hannity rant in the middle. He basically agreed with Ron's stance on Libya and with his trillion dollar cuts plan.

phill4paul
Better than expected. If short.

heavenlyboy34
http://twitter.com/#!/hannityshow/status/128512714308980736 (http://twitter.com/#%21/hannityshow/status/128512714308980736)
Thanks. I don't watch TV, but I'll look forward to the toobz.

LatinsforPaul
Not bad, thank god.

Dr. Paul did great! :D

cpike
Well that was electric at the end. Ron threw in some great points, hopefully it gets a few views thinking.

Canderson
went great

akalucas
Dr Paul, stop wiping your nose with your finger!

VictorB
slowww downnn ronnnnn

+1,000,000

He did well but he needs to slow down. If e doesn't get as many points out it's still fine. He will go over people's heads by talking too fast.

Kords21
10-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Wasn't the worst interview. Wish Hannity had stayed on the issues and not about him being called a statist.

devil21
Why even have RP on? Hannity spent most of the interview defending HIMSELF against the (true) charges that he's not really a conservative. Ron looked irked a little again.

eok321
That went o.k. Probably won over some fence sitters who were watching.

DinahWest
RP is so right, all that we have done under the guise of our term of freedom and democracy and from Tunisia to Libya to Egypt the people are voting for Sharia Law which plays into the hand that goes against why we are supposed to be over there.

Muttley
10-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Well...that didn't go well. Who gives a shit about clearing your name Sean? You are a statist, face it!

He got antsy at the end because he knew Sean was cutting him off. You could tell Ron was disgusted yet again on how he said "ok" at the end.

Captain Caveman
Unfortunate that Hannity sucked up to Ron.. then picked a hot button topic which divides people.

Overall great interview.

:)

Patrick Henry
Hannity is something else. Anyway, The good Dr. did well. I loved how he said "Well, I think somebody probably put those words in my mouth and I didn't disagree with them" :D or something like that. Hannity you are without a doubt a statist.

sailingaway
Dr Paul, stop wiping your nose with your finger!

scratching, I'm certain. Wiping would have brought out a handkerchief.

ctiger2
Wasn't the worst interview. Wish Hannity had stayed on the issues and not about him being called a statist.

Hannity is NOT a conservative when it comes to foreign policy. In that realm Sean is a big gubmint statist like the rest.

speciallyblend
10-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Sean: "WE are Nato!"

Sean: "I agree with you!"

Interesting went pretty good i thought. Seems hannity has become enlightened:) Ron Paul 2012 ps puts the snowballs back down carry on:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od9FkRvvnrg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od9FkRvvnrg

Feelgood
So Hannity is still butt hurt that Ron snubs him or calls him out? FFS get OVER yourself Sean!!!

chris41336
Don't get angry, guys.

This was a good interview. A lot of fence sitters saw Hannity agreeing with Ron on several points. This was a decently fair interview, despite Hannity being butthurt about Ron's comments.

Ron articulated his points well and he actually got more speaking time than i thought he would.

phill4paul
10-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Only posting in this thread because it is not the "Official Thread." I love thumbing my nose at authority. :D

pauliticalfan
10-24-2011, 07:17 PM
tubes please

Sola_Fide
10-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Tubez?

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Only posting in this thread because it is not the "Official Thread." I love thumbing my nose at authority. :D

You rebel, you!

crhoades
Ron should simply say that I am a constitutionalist. Sean allows for all kinds of unconstitutional stances hence the pro state charge.

trey4sports
Interview was ok, Hannity just can't stand being called a statist.

FSP-Rebel
10-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Hannity just can't let things be. I mean, he just discussed this with Ron last week on the radio, now here. Just like going over and over with Ron and Rand about the snowball incident back in NH last go round. Why would Hannity be taken aback by Paul folks thinking he's less than conservative, doesn't he know who he's dealing with.

kahless
10-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Of all the Ron's government cuts Hannity's show could have opened with he opened up with getting rid of student loans. A sound bite in if itself with no commentary to back it up I believe is damaging.

sailingaway
I think Hannity considers it an ice breaker, to be honest. He's just a little clumsy, socially.

NaturalMystic
Great to see Ron challenge these guys. Ron should have said he questioned his conservative authenticity because he hasnt endorsed him yet!

WD-NY
Great interview IMO.

Paul's video set/feed from Texas was also top notch

sailingaway
Of all the government cuts Hannity's show could have opened with he opened up with getting rid of student loans. A sound bite in if itself with no commentary to back it up I believe is damaging.

Student loans are in Ron's plan and he already came out with a statement on it.

KEEF
10-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Dr. Paul did sound presidential tonight on Hannity. Hated the statist question though AGAIN!!

kill the banks
10-24-2011, 07:21 PM
I thought it was strong and clear ... good job

speciallyblend
10-24-2011, 07:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdphvuyaV_I&ob=av2e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdphvuyaV_I&ob=av2e

pauliticalfan
still waitin on them tubez

Chris_Redfield
That first question was asking him to basically layout what he would cut. It is frustrating when they ask him how he would make the cuts and he talks about needing the agreement of the congress and the people. I mean that is kinda obvious. He should have spent that time saying exactly where he would cut and why the things he would cut are not necessary parts of the government.

Bruno
10-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Hannity ended up agreeing with just about everything Ron said. Net win with this interview!

kahless
10-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Student loans are in Ron's plan and he already came out with a statement on it.

I know it is part of his plan. My point was of all the things Hannity picked of his plan it is probably the part that is the most unpopular with a typical Hannity viewer. Especially when you do not have any of Ron's commentary about that to back it up.

pihaa
10-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh, and we've done so WELL with foreign policy under Bush and O??? Everywhere we've meddled will end up with Sharia Law. Some successful policy!

speciallyblend
10-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Oh, and we've done so WELL with foreign policy under Bush and O??? Everywhere we've meddled will end up with Sharia Law. Some successful policy!

Epic First Post;) ron paul should use this as a tag line;)

Jandrsn21
10-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Dag Gummit you lazy video editors, bring on the TOOOOOBZ! Ok we are kind of spoon fed the best clips here, so I'll let it slide this time! :D

Esoteric
10-24-2011, 07:32 PM
The second viewers saw the quote about Ron speaking poorly of their 'Conservative' heroes (Hannity, Levin, and Lumbaugh), it was game over for 80% of fox viewers.

wstrucke
10-24-2011, 07:33 PM
This one came first and has three times as many views as the "Official" thread. I say the numbers speak for themselves.

chris41336
10-24-2011, 07:34 PM
The second viewers saw the quote about Ron speaking poorly of their 'Conservative' heroes (Hannity, Levin, and Lumbaugh), it was game over for 80% of fox viewers.

On the contrary, it makes ROn seem even more conservative than their heroes.

If anything, Hannity was like "I am too conservative! Why don't you believe me??"

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-24-2011, 07:34 PM
It is frustrating when they ask him how he would make the cuts and he talks about needing the agreement of the congress and the people. I mean that is kinda obvious. He should have spent that time saying exactly where he would cut and why the things he would cut are not necessary parts of the government.Agreed. Bringing up Congress also undermines confidence in being able to get the plan passed. As you said, the time would have been better spent going over parts of the plan that haven't been discussed enough.

ctiger2
10-24-2011, 07:42 PM

jct74
10-24-2011, 07:43 PM
//

Steve-in-NY
10-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I score it a c. It's a good start imo.

freshjiva
10-24-2011, 07:50 PM

Anyone see the comments in that chatroom on this page? It's utterly disgusting. They are the most flaming neocons, Islamophobic, war mongering people I can ever imagine someone can be.

jct74
10-24-2011, 07:53 PM
funny headline on Mediaite:

Sean Hannity Pushes Rep. Ron Paul To Explain Comment That Hannity Was A ‘Statist’
by Frances Martel | 9:43 pm, October 24th, 2011

Rep. Ron Paul appears to be getting along with conservative stalwart Sean Hannity much better this time around than during the last election, when his supporters chased Hannity down a street and pelted him with snowballs. And while the two agree plenty on economic policy and the size of government, Hannity had a bone to pick with the libertarian icon tonight– namely bringing up comments Rep. Paul made elsewhere that his own rise to prominence would be “an embarrassment” to the comparatively liberal Hannity.

After a length discussion on Rep. Paul’s positions on the Federal Reserve and his plan to lower government spending by $1 trillion during his potential tenure, Hannity turned the otherwise friendly conversation somewhat tense, bringing up comments the Congressman made last week. When asked why he believed people like Hannity, radio host Mark Levin, and others seemed to be hesitant to support him, Rep. Paul responded that any more exposure for his stances would be “an embarrassment to them,” because they were recent converts to his ideas.

read more:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sean-hannity-pushes-rep-ron-paul-to-explain-why-he-called-hannity-a-statist/

trey4sports
10-24-2011, 07:54 PM
funny headling on Mediaite:

read more:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sean-hannity-pushes-rep-ron-paul-to-explain-why-he-called-hannity-a-statist/

summary is pretty funny.

low preference guy
10-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Hannity: Ron, please, I beg you, please, please apologize to me on the national airwaves.

Sola_Fide
10-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Not bad at all.

beardedlinen
10-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Well, decent interview. Hannity kissing Paul's ass = more GOP base support.

EBounding
10-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I loved Sean Hannity's interview with himself. :rolleyes:

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-24-2011, 08:05 PM
funny headling on Mediaite:Oh jeez. :mad: Of course, the whole interview becomes about Hannity's whining.

speciallyblend
10-24-2011, 08:19 PM
I loved Sean Hannity's interview with himself. :rolleyes:

that was hard to watch for me. so awkward i almost had to change the channel but i couldn't Ron Paul was on;)

brushfire
10-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh jeez. :mad: Of course, the whole interview becomes about Hannity's whining.

Hannity is such a victim... :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2fxzliDhSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbvEImWuZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL864vbZTdY

Oooo, oooo... They pelted little ol me... Oooo... They were hateful with those snowballs. Just hateful...

vroomery
10-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Here's the thing. As long as RP continues to constantly deliver the message, every interview is a new stage. It doesn't matter if hannity agrees with a non interventionist foreign policy because when people hear Ron speak, it makes sense. It happened to me in 2007 when he got booed from the audience of a debate, but he spoke the truth and it turned my political philosophy on its head. The hannity's and such will realize that foreign policy is connected to economic policy and domestic policy eventually. We just need to keep getting Ron up on that stage. I can't imagine a better stage than a presidential debate with Obama. Let's make that happen!

RonPaulVolunteer
10-24-2011, 08:42 PM
On FLIX.

Fermli
10-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Rand Paul gets asked about his dad's statist quote by Hannity on his radio show.
Then Ron Paul gets asked about the statist quote by Hannity on his radio show.
Then Ron Paul again gets asked again about the statist quote by Hannity on his TV show...

And Ron Paul looks completely unprepared, sort of denies the quote, then talks around the question. Big mistake in preparation by Ron and/or his campaign staff. He could have hit a home run if he came prepared with facts/quotes from Hannity during the Bush years. It would have been a home run like the Meet the Press question about the differences between Romney and Obama. It should have been obvious that Hannity would bring up the statist quote and ask about foreign policy.

Besides that, the interview went well. He's got nothing to lose really. He should do O'Reilly's show as well. He's not going to pull a Cain and say he's pro-choice or some big blunder like that. His supporters aren't going anywhere. He can only increase his support.

trey4sports
10-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Rand Paul gets asked about his dad's statist quote by Hannity on his radio show.
Then Ron Paul again gets asked again about the statist quote by Hannity on his TV show...

And Ron Paul looks completely unprepared, sort of denies the quote, then talks around the question. Big mistake in preparation by Ron and/or his campaign staff. He could have hit a home run if he came prepared with facts/quotes from Hannity during the Bush years. It would have been a home run like the Meet the Press question about the differences between Romney and Obama. It should have been obvious that Hannity would bring up the statist quote and ask about foreign policy.

Besides that, the interview went well. He's got nothing to lose really. He should do O'Reilly's show as well. He's not going to pull a Cain and say he's pro-choice or some big blunder like that. His supporters aren't going anywhere. He can only increase his support.

No no no, that would have been an error. Why would he come there and pick a fight with the host? That's not how you win an election.

coffeewithchess
10-24-2011, 08:57 PM

And Ron Paul looks completely unprepared, sort of denies the quote, then talks around the question. Big mistake in preparation by Ron and/or his campaign staff.

I agree, and said the exact same thing after his radio interview...RP needs to start winning over the Hannity crowd in some fashion...but then again, I didn't see any of Hannity's crowd voting for McCain in 2008, and he won the primary.

Fermli
10-24-2011, 08:58 PM
No no no, that would have been an error. Why would he come there and pick a fight with the host? That's not how you win an election.

At the end of his answer he says that the republicans failed under Bush. He said in a debate that the results under Reagan weren't great.

All he had to do was calmly defend his statement with a couple examples of terrible policies the repubs had under Bush. He doesn't even need to quote Hannity directly if he doesn't want to. Just use examples that Hannity supported and say "conservatives supported x and y policies under the Bush administration." This wouldn't have been seen as picking a fight with the the host. His staff should have crafted an amazing response.

He did great with his examples of foreign policy. Should have done the same in response to the statist question.

JohnGalt23g
10-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Other than Hannity whining about not being as anti-statist as Ron, I thought it was a great interview.

Join The Paul Side
10-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Great to see Ron challenge these guys. Ron should have said he questioned his conservative authenticity because he hasnt endorsed him yet!

No. Ron Should have told Hannity that he, Levin, and Rush are fake conservatives because they believe in staying indefinately in Iraq and Afghanistan, policing the world, and spending a Trillion dollars a year doing it.

freeforall
10-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Great I interview. Hannity always talks about himself so that is nothing new to his audience. Ron was able to make a lot of good points and the audience has heard Hannity say that he agrees with Paul. I think this will be a positive for sure.

low preference guy
10-24-2011, 09:49 PM

i agree

Czolgosz
10-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Hannity asked about the statist thing, again?

*just watched it

I think it was a good interview.

Okie RP fan
10-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Hannity brought up the statist remark again, and acted offended, again.

Ron didn't really answer it, just side stepped it a little.

Other than that, it was decent. Should we expect a huge winning over of support? Absolutely not, it wasn't that strong of an interview, but it adds credibility and shuts some of the Fox News fake conservatives up a little bit about Ron not wanting to go on their precious Fox News.

bluesc
10-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Wasn't a good interview.

Hannity asked about the plan, Ron didn't mention specifics.
Hannity mentioned Ron's quote, Ron didn't really address it.
Hannity talked about defense, Ron spoke too quickly and didn't make a point.

They were all softballs.

Brett85
10-25-2011, 10:54 AM
It's really not good for Ron to say that he wants to cut "the military." A lot of Republican voters are very pro military, and to them it just sounds like Ron wants to substantially reduce the size of the military and drastically cut spending for the military. This is the way that he needs to phrase this issue.

"I don't support cutting legitimate defense spending here at home. I support cutting foreign spending and bringing our troops home from around the world. Our national security would be much stronger if we had our military here at home defending our own borders and our own country. We should concentrate on defending our own country, not defending the entire world."

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Hannity brought up the statist remark again, and acted offended, again.

Ron didn't really answer it, just side stepped it a little.

Other than that, it was decent. Should we expect a huge winning over of support? Absolutely not, it wasn't that strong of an interview, but it adds credibility and shuts some of the Fox News fake conservatives up a little bit about Ron not wanting to go on their precious Fox News.

No one should go on O Reilly, it is a really bad show. When I was visiting my Dad this summer he had Fox on all day, as background, and OReilly is nauseating.

TheTexan
10-25-2011, 11:02 AM
No one should go on O Reilly, it is a really bad show. When I was visiting my Dad this summer he had Fox on all day, as background, and OReilly is nauseating.

Ron should be on every show he can be. Exposure = Good. Even if it's O'Reitardlly

bluesc
10-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Ron should be on every show he can be. Exposure = Good. Even if it's O'Reitardlly

Ron isn't ready. Even on Hannity he was speaking too fast to make any points. He needs to slow it way down and have a couple of talking points ready.

Brett85
10-25-2011, 11:04 AM
I agree that Ron shouldn't go on O'Reilly's show. It would make no sense for Ron to go on someone's show who insults him and belittles him constantly. Hannity is at least respectful towards Ron even though they disagree, which is why Ron should keep going on Hannity's show.

TheTexan
10-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Maybe. But if so, he needs to do his prepwork soon, because this election will be over in a couple months.

TheTexan
10-25-2011, 11:06 AM
I agree that Ron shouldn't go on O'Reilly's show. It would make no sense for Ron to go on someone's show who insults him and belittles him constantly. Hannity is at least respectful towards Ron even though they disagree, which is why Ron should keep going on Hannity's show.

Wrong perspective. Any exposure is good exposure. Attacks on Paul will only help to bring out the truth. The truth is on our side, we have nothing to hide, and nor should we cower behind these media idiots for fear they say something negative.

FSP-Rebel
10-25-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't get why Ron doesn't mention his military monetary support every chance he gets, especially on a show that makes note of his foreign policy difference from the rest of the field. What's the point of having that support unless you flaunt it. It just seemed to me that Ron did very little prep before going on Hannity, like going in cold.

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 11:15 AM

No, OReilly cut's people's mics and runs over them and Ron's old fashioned manners don't do well against that.

sailingaway
10-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Wrong perspective. Any exposure is good exposure. Attacks on Paul will only help to bring out the truth. The truth is on our side, we have nothing to hide, and nor should we cower behind these media idiots for fear they say something negative.

I disagree.

Crickett
10-25-2011, 11:21 AM
No. Ron Should have told Hannity that he, Levin, and Rush are fake conservatives because they believe in staying indefinately in Iraq and Afghanistan, policing the world, and spending a Trillion dollars a year doing it.
Heh..Ron should start ASKING "gotcha" questions. Like "Well, Sean, since you agree with me so much why have you said I sounded like an idiot?" "Why did you not mention I had put out a bold economic plan on TV the SAME day we had an interview on your radio show?" I would like to see RON ask some of these guys some stuff--and then see their faces.

TheTexan
10-25-2011, 11:22 AM
You get media attention by being in the media. Regardless of if O'Reilly tries to steamroll the conversation, it creates buzz, and it creates more media.

So, even IF being on O'Reilly is a negative for the 5 minutes he's on the show (which I don't think it would be. I have faith in RP's message.), I would still say it would be a net positive due to the resultant media coverage & buzz.

You get on TV by being on TV. That's how TV works. We can't complain about lack of media coverage when we don't take every opportunity to participate in it.

KramerDSP
10-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Ron Paul (on Facebook):

Anyone who supports my plan to cut $1 trillion dollars in one year is cool in my book. Thanks for the good interview, Sean Hannity!

specsaregood
10-25-2011, 03:29 PM
No, OReilly cut's people's mics and runs over them and Ron's old fashioned manners don't do well against that.

Ron should have a bullhorn ready off camera then.

amonasro
10-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Just out of morbid curiosity I just turned on Hannity tonight.

Hannity & the pundits are talking about the candidates' proposals to cut spending.

GUESS WHO THEY DON'T MENTION?

Surely Sean's memory is better than that. Just more evidence they are throwing us a bone with these interviews.

JoshS
10-25-2011, 07:14 PM
these interviews are strictly damage control. they never discuss ron in a serious light without him around

Brett85
10-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Ron Paul (on Facebook):

Anyone who supports my plan to cut $1 trillion dollars in one year is cool in my book. Thanks for the good interview, Sean Hannity!

Somehow I think one of Ron's staffers wrote this, not Ron.