PDA

View Full Version : Dear Campaign: Plan to Restore America needs clarification

zerosdontcount
10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
All the plan says about eliminated 5 departments is that simply, it will get rid of them. There needs to be a HUGE qualifier in there saying that all the necessary functions of those departments will be rolled over to other departments like Paul has been saying in interviews. For instance nuclear energy protection willgo to DOD, pell grants will go somewhere else... etc. It needs to give specific examples for each department. For instance will all Federal Funding for schools stop, making people assume that state schools will be underfunded and collapse, or is that rolled over somewhere else with the plan to ultimately end the funding? These are serious obstacles that need to be clarified even for people like me who support Ron Paul. There are so many things involved in those 5 departments and to simply say "eliminate" frightens many people, when in reality Paul is saying eliminate and roll over important functions. What is your take?

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah, and even when I clicked it on the campaign page it just showed the 'elimination' stuff and overview graphs not where stuff went. It needs the textual explanation right on the web page where we can direct people.

jmdrake
10-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Part of what the campaign will have to do is to give Americans a history lesson. For example I had a long discussion (argument) with an uncle over eliminating the department of education. He kept saying that without the DOE there would still be "segregation" and he wouldn't have had money to go to dental school. I thought about it after he left. He graduated dental school in the 1970s. But the DOE didn't exist until 1980. Oops! :o Maybe a TV commercial about the growth of the federal government from Jimmy Carter to present.

zerosdontcount
10-24-2011, 11:25 AM
I agree, a history lesson is important on this but from a practical point of view there needs to be more reassurance don't you think?

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I agree, a history lesson is important on this but from a practical point of view there needs to be more reassurance don't you think?

Yeah, I know they have it. It would similar like the text part of Rand's plan to cut $500 billion, which I strongly suspect was created by the same team. Short and to the point. They should just put it up.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Honestly. You know how I think he should approach clarifying these issues?

Walking right into the Lion's Den, and letting those that disagree with him question his stances on specific topics. So he can address them, one by one, the major ones.