PDA

View Full Version : Keep spreading the message, it's working boys and girls...

coastie
10-24-2011, 09:34 AM
BREAKTHROUGH!

For those that saw this post http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?322485-Isolationists-according-to-college-textbook...&highlight=isolationist
last week, I've made a breakthrough, and it was sooooo epic.

While in American National Government last week, my teacher brought up the debates(which is unusual, as there's been several debates since the semester began, and nary a peep about those).

Prof: "I liked Gingrich the most"

Me "Why?"

Prof: "He's right and says funny things"

Me: Loud, audible, exaggerated face palm.

Class: HAHAHA

Prof:"why did you hit yourself?"

Me: "Just making sure I'm awake, sometimes I find myself drifting into Bizarro World..."

Awkward silence....

Prof(had my RP t-shirt on) "I like what Ron Paul says, but I disagree on Foreign Aid......blah, blah, the poor people, Israel...."

Me: "What sense does it make to give Israel's enemies 7 times the aid we give her" "How is funding her enemies keeping her safe""we're also the world's biggest arms dealer, etc, etc" "the aid almost never goes to the people intended)

Prof: Deer in headlights....switches subject back to the lesson....

10 MINUTES go by, and the professor starts talking about foreign aid again, and then, suddenly, something changed in his face...He was literally just standing there like someone just told him he won the lottery, dumbfounded. Then, out of nowhere, it happened.

He stepped back, looking in my direction, and said, "Wow. You got me really thinking now about my whole world view on that subject, and I'm going to have to re-evaluate".

Easily another 3-4 votes out of this class.

:eek::cool::D

This is what it's all about guys. To all the naysayers - either go talk to people, or GTFO and vote for Obama.

Speak of the devil, I have to leave now and go to this very class.

georgiaboy
10-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Awesome!!

bluesc
10-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Good job dude! +rep

Truth trumps all.

kill the banks
10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
ha nice job

JamesButabi
10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
I must say, personal success stories although just feel good exercises, are one of my favorite things to read on this forum.

Bruno
10-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Excellent breakthrough! Do you have a copy of The Revolution: A Manifesto that you can loan to him?

sailingaway
10-24-2011, 09:43 AM
+rep! Thanks for letting us know!

IterTemporis
10-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Very impressive.

phill4paul
10-24-2011, 09:53 AM
+ rep. Hopefully by the end of the semester you'll have the whole class working for Paul. :)

Danke
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Pretty amazing that a professor would be that open in class about maybe being wrong about something he has been teaching.

Pizzo
10-24-2011, 10:00 AM
+ rep nice job.

TonySutton
10-24-2011, 10:06 AM
This is why I frequent RPF. Reading the threads here gives me a good opportunity to weigh the pros/cons of different ideas. This process solidifies my view and gives me ammunition to use when discussing issues with others.

FreeTraveler
10-24-2011, 10:10 AM
I must say, personal success stories although just feel good exercises, are one of my favorite things to read on this forum.
One of my favorite things too, but they're anything but feel good exercises. If each of us manages one conversion like that, Ron Paul Wins.

Why do you think preachers go to school for years? To learn to preach. :)

AdamT
10-24-2011, 10:17 AM
+rep!

RIPLEYMOM
10-24-2011, 10:34 AM
+rep!

Crickett
10-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Me too. :) The only thing I have to say is KEEP educating the guy or have him listen to Ron on videos. Do not let him go back to sleep. It is difficult for some people, in the beginning, especially...

TNforPaul45
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
BREAKTHROUGH!

For those that saw this post http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?322485-Isolationists-according-to-college-textbook...&highlight=isolationist
last week, I've made a breakthrough, and it was sooooo epic.

While in American National Government last week, my teacher brought up the debates(which is unusual, as there's been several debates since the semester began, and nary a peep about those).

Prof: "I liked Gingrich the most"

Me "Why?"

Prof: "He's right and says funny things"

Me: Loud, audible, exaggerated face palm.

Class: HAHAHA

Prof:"why did you hit yourself?"

Me: "Just making sure I'm awake, sometimes I find myself drifting into Bizarro World..."

Awkward silence....

Prof(had my RP t-shirt on) "I like what Ron Paul says, but I disagree on Foreign Aid......blah, blah, the poor people, Israel...."

Me: "What sense does it make to give Israel's enemies 7 times the aid we give her" "How is funding her enemies keeping her safe""we're also the world's biggest arms dealer, etc, etc" "the aid almost never goes to the people intended)

Prof: Deer in headlights....switches subject back to the lesson....

10 MINUTES go by, and the professor starts talking about foreign aid again, and then, suddenly, something changed in his face...He was literally just standing there like someone just told him he won the lottery, dumbfounded. Then, out of nowhere, it happened.

He stepped back, looking in my direction, and said, "Wow. You got me really thinking now about my whole world view on that subject, and I'm going to have to re-evaluate".

Easily another 3-4 votes out of this class.

:eek::cool::D

This is what it's all about guys. To all the naysayers - either go talk to people, or GTFO and vote for Obama.

Speak of the devil, I have to leave now and go to this very class.

And this is how its done, people! That professor will remember that moment for the rest of his life. Its like "where were you when JFK was shot, or we landed on the moon, or 9/11." but "Where were you when you broke your programming and woke up for the first time?"

Outstanding.

coastie
10-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Done with school for the day (well, the physically being there part anyway), wish I had something epic too add, but we just watched some BS video and that was it, class was literally 20 minutes today.

Next up: My sociology class. Not the Professor, the class. :confused:

OWS supporters and don't know why, yeah those type. :toady::rolleyes:

Lafayette
10-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Done with school for the day (well, the physically being there part anyway), wish I had something epic too add, but we just watched some BS video and that was it, class was literally 20 minutes today.

Next up: My sociology class. Not the Professor, the class. :confused:

OWS supporters and don't know why, yeah those type. :toady::rolleyes:

Use the double facepalm next time!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcVUlCwf6IiJnz5B61s5QFrmWFHwrOQ 1yHhRs8cVoKu-xyQs7RjRxmgDfiqg

rideurlightning
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Bring them all to our side!

FA.Hayek
10-24-2011, 01:55 PM
REP!

slamhead
10-24-2011, 02:56 PM
I had a similar experience last night. I have been speaking with a retired iron worker. He is hard core union and I have always supported his right to unionize but did not believe in public employee unions nor forcing someone to join a union. He will probably not change parties to vote in the primary but would vote for RP in the California primary. He came around after watching the recent interview on MSNBC. Every Ron Paul supporter had that moment when it all became clear and we had to reevaluate our positions. Mine came during the SC debate in 07. I was not really paying attention to the TV but when I heard the truth from RP it not only cured my apathy but changed my heart. All my opinions now are based on the principal of liberty.

speciallyblend
10-24-2011, 03:04 PM
ok you know it is coming ,now click it and jam out;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od9FkRvvnrg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od9FkRvvnrg

Anti Federalist
10-24-2011, 03:09 PM
+rep

Great work!

Paulatized
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Excellent approach, actually one might think we are actually against Israel in that we give more to her enemies. Maybe dropping all foreign aid is actually the approach to having Israel's best interest in mind.

Son of Detroit
10-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Pretty sad that an assumed intellectual such as a college professor would vote for someone because they "say funny things".

coastie
10-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Pretty sad that an assumed intellectual such as a college professor would vote for someone because they "say funny things".

Yep-but at least it explains WHY I'm sitting in a class full of similar thinkers...

It trully boggles my mind that they are hammering on critical thinking this year at my school, and the professors themselves don't even apply it to, well, anything.