PDA

View Full Version : Remember when?

Abobo
11-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Remember that time so very long ago when we were worried if we could raise $500,000 in a WEEK? Remember how shocked we were that we raised one million instead?

How long ago was it again? Oh, yes, that's right, 36 days ago! :D

Now we're happy with $4,000,000 in ONE day. I don't know about you but I can't wait to see the end of December fund raising drive!

annamoo
11-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Yeah babe, I remember that day. I remember getting the email. I thought...ummm I dunno about this one...I was so nervous, I thought $500k was such a huge sum of money, and I love my Ron Paul so much I didn't want anyone to ever say anything negative about him or say his supporters were fruitcakes who let him down or for him to have misoverestimated the whole movement, and go back to his lone rants in Congress, I was so worried that the normal people who supported him could never afford it, I thought there was just no way, I thought true fiscal conservatives who support him and RP himself could not imagine such a sum of money, (I still cannot imagine how much money $500k is....sounds like a lot though!!) I thought RP was right, it is too soon, it will take another generation, this $500k is just a dream, its impossible, it will never happen. I thought this bc of the $600k he had raised in the 1st quarter, and bc I had read that early in Q2 or 3 he had gotten over $130K in one night at a private dinner, and I flipped out over that sum. I thought it was HUGE for RP. I always thought of him as a polite gentleman who was just doing his job, and that no one knew about him. That $130k in one night was my first inkling that something was afoot. I mean, that really shocked me.

Because of all this, I figured there was simply no way t hat normal people could come up with that type of money.

BWUAH HA HA HA HA I was totally wrong. I truly believe the only person more shocked than each of us was Ron himself when the $500k was raised in 3 days I think it was. And then $1.2 million for the week?? Wow. I was floored.

You know that quote about Americans, something about we're asleep and slow to wake, but when we do wake up its like a roaring lion or something, and you better get out of the way? That's how I feel about the RP campaign. I mean this 21,000 new donors thing is just almost...unbelievable. (Almost.)

And now the attacks are getting so shrill and so mean, no one will believe them. They're not even that shrill and nasty about the criminals running for office, yet they all pile on RP. Even someone who only vaguely follows politics can see that...

So yes, I remember when. I remember when a sum of money that stunned me into paralysis (that $130k) is now a sum of money that is raised while I walk from my desk to the fridge and back.