PDA

View Full Version : Parents of College Students Fight To Keep them in Debt

chris41336
10-23-2011, 09:43 PM
The articles on my blog are normally sarcastic and funny, and this one follows the same trend, BUT!!! I also included a pretty in depth (well, as in depth as I could not being an economist) explanation as to Ron Paul's reasoning about the Federal Loans inflating school prices.

If you guys think it is a good explanation, feel free to spread it to others to help explain it. I was using it on the Huffington Post boards before.

Best part is, if it sucks, it is just a "fake news blog", after all. ;)

http://lulzington.blogspot.com/2011/10/ron-paul.html

dolphin
10-23-2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E13Yi7N-4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZtX32sKVE

chris41336
10-23-2011, 09:58 PM
One hour on that second video?

Jeez...if there was a video equivalent of tl;dr...

sailingaway
10-23-2011, 10:02 PM
I hope you also add that he DIDN'T say he was ending student loans during his term as President only that they were a bad thing economically, as they push tuition prices up for all. Ending them was a 'someday' when we reverse the trends type of thing.

chris41336
10-23-2011, 10:02 PM
I hope you also add that he DIDN'T say he was ending student loans during his term as President only that they were a bad thing economically, as they push tuition prices up for all. Ending them was a 'someday' when we reverse the trends type of thing.

First paragraph, actually ;)

When asked about the prospect of eliminating Federal Aid, he responded that although it is not in his plan outlined recently for the economy, he hopes that in the future, once prices have begun to decrease, that Federal Aid could be eliminated due to no longer being necessary.

sailingaway
10-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I could have read it first, I suppose....

+rep.

HeyArchie
10-23-2011, 10:09 PM
One hour on that second video?

Jeez...if there was a video equivalent of tl;dr...
It's definitely worth watching. Not if you're in college though (as I currently am). It's a major ball-buster in that case.

heavenlyboy34
10-23-2011, 10:42 PM
OP-some points you neglected> 1) Student loans are uncolateralized-which would normally be considered predatory lending 2) There are no requirements (income or otherwise) to get a student loan 3) Many student loans come directly from the Department of Education (such as Direct Loans' products)
/end ramble.

chris41336
10-23-2011, 10:45 PM
OP-some points you neglected> 1) Student loans are uncolateralized-which would normally be considered predatory lending 2) There are no requirements (income or otherwise) to get a student loan 3) Many student loans come directly from the Department of Education (such as Direct Loans' products)
/end ramble.

Good points.

You know what, I don't like editing my articles after they have been posted since normally they are for entertainment, but I think I will add those in there right now.

heavenlyboy34
10-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Good points.

You know what, I don't like editing my articles after they have been posted since normally they are for entertainment, but I think I will add those in there right now.
btw, if Huffington Post sues you because you parodied their name, let us know about it. I would be thoroughly amused. :)

chris41336
10-24-2011, 08:50 AM
btw, if Huffington Post sues you because you parodied their name, let us know about it. I would be thoroughly amused. :)

lol, I don't think they can, can they?

Besides, I'm not popular enough to come after yet =).