PDA

View Full Version : Wall Street Journal: Paul's Policies Foreign to GOP

francisco
10-23-2011, 09:28 PM
"Throughout the campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, the Texas congressman [Ron Paul] has called for a deficit-saddled nation to withdraw not only from Iraq, but from Afghanistan and other parts of the world. Mr. Paul said Sunday he was doubtful the president really would end the U.S. engagement there.
Mr. Paul's skeptical views on foreign intervention, more than any other factor, explains his uneasy fit within the Republican Party. He was one of six Republicans to vote against authorizing the Iraq war, in 2002, and he repeatedly has challenged the legality of U.S. drone strikes on suspected terrorists overseas…"

Overall balanced and objective article

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203911804576649510850619024.html?m od=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond

Let me know if this link works for non-subscribers

bluesc
10-23-2011, 09:34 PM
This link works, many others posted today do not. Thanks.

Okie RP fan
10-23-2011, 09:38 PM
People who have an account there need to comment on the article and school the people claiming that we are splitting the Rep vote and want an Obama 2nd term.

I am so tired of hearing that nonsense.

Whether we are or not. Whether we know we are, or not. It's time to stop voting for the lesser of two evils and vote on liberty and principle.

Karsten
10-23-2011, 10:02 PM
People who have an account there need to comment on the article and school the people claiming that we are splitting the Rep vote and want an Obama 2nd term.

I am so tired of hearing that nonsense.

Whether we are or not. Whether we know we are, or not. It's time to stop voting for the lesser of two evils and vote on liberty and principle.

That doesn't even make any sense. This is the Republican PRIMARY. Whoever wins will be the ONLY Republican nominee to go against Obama. How is that "splitting the vote"?
It sort of makes sense for a 3rd party in the general election, but I don't see how this line of thought could make any sense in a PRIMARY.

realtonygoodwin
10-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Arnold Bailey, a retired Army officer from Tennessee, initially favored Mr. Paul based on his opposition to "these endless wars." But he soured on Mr. Paul after the candidate objected to the U.S.-led killing in Yemen of alleged al Qaeda operative Anwar al-Awlaki, a U.S. citizen, saying he was targeted without due process. "If he's not going to go after these people, we don't need him," Mr. Bailey said of Mr. Paul. "I'm not sure he's up to it—but maybe nobody else is either."

But but... I thought Ron Paul never loses supporters...how can this be??:rolleyes:

bluesc
10-23-2011, 10:17 PM
But but... I thought Ron Paul never loses supporters...how can this be??:rolleyes:

It's a plant!

sailingaway
10-23-2011, 10:20 PM
It is NOT fair because if 26% view him negatively, winning all but them would be a landslide victory. They are turning this inside out. Yes, some of his support is outside the GOP, but the tea parties and occupiers are not because people are feeling represented properly.

dolphin
10-24-2011, 12:15 AM
I gave it a couple good comments.