PDA

View Full Version : Should OWS Occupy the Green [Third] Party, or the Democratic Party?

jaktober
10-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Wrote up this question, with some links to reasoning at DP: http://www.dailypaul.com/184314/should-ows-occupy-the-green-party-or-democratic-party

What do you guys think? I'm obviously involved with the Green Party, but once that is established I may shift my focus into building the Pirate Party as the Anti-Party Party.

That withstanding, shouldn't we be thinking about this as a general political shift away from the current establishment, and Ron Paul (and the TEA Party) represents that on the right, and Occupy and....represents that on the left.

Should it be the further empowerment of the Democratic Party or the empowerment of the Green and Third-Parties.

How about this for a Political Judo move. Once a Party or "Side" gains the Presidency, it is the imperative to the conscious citizen to begin challenging that Leader on its principles though their base (in this case, Obama and the Progressives) and ensure the quality of its opponent from the other side (by, in this case Ron Paul through a libertarian merger into the GOP).

This is something that allows the entire "Anti-Establishment" segment of Society to sustainably work together without having to become an establishment themselves.

And slowly, we can empower an Independent movement to reduce partisan establishment.

FrankRep
10-24-2011, 01:19 AM
What party is Ron Paul in again?

KAYA
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Why empower the Democrat party? They are the best friend of Wall Street cronyism, all the while parading around as if they are concerned for the little guy. How anyone is fooled by them is beyond me, but millions of American have fallen for their rhetoric.

pcosmar
10-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Why empower the Democrat party? They are the best friend of Wall Street cronyism, .

Well,,except for the Republican Party.

Occupy does not need a Party. They need to educate and be educated.
The main positive I see is in raising awareness of the Federal Reserve And Banking Cartel.

KAYA
10-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Having Obama saying the rich should pay more of their fair share in taxes and should hire American workers while having GE CEO Jeffery Immelt serving as his econ adviser while GE paid no Fed income taxes and has shipped millions of jobs to China is a problem. Demonizing the "rich" while appointing Goldman Sachs crony and tax cheat Tim Geithner as Treasury Sec is a problem. Having tax cheat Charlie Rangle responsible for writing the tax code is a problem. Having Michelle Obama fly around preaching for healthier foods while Obama appoints former Monsanto executive and lobbyist Michael Taylor as the safe foods czar is a problem. (BTW if you don't know about Monsanto watch the documentary Food, Inc). Just a few examples of the bullsh*t these elites are peddling.

KAYA
10-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Well,,except for the Republican Party.

Occupy does not need a Party. They need to educate and be educated.
The main positive I see is in raising awareness of the Federal Reserve And Banking Cartel.

Sorry but you are mistaken. If Republicans are friends of Wall Street then the Democrat party is Wall Streets lover. I'm not a fan of the Republican establishment but at least they have guys like Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Adam Kokesh, Debra Medina, Gary Johnson etc who fight the establishment... Can't say that about the Dems because the whole party stands for establishment, the establishment of big centrally planned government control.

pcosmar
10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Sorry but you are mistaken. If Republicans are friends of Wall Street then the Democrat party is Wall Streets lover. I'm not a fan of the Republican establishment but at least they have guys like Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Adam Kokesh, Debra Medina, Gary Johnson etc who fight the establishment... Can't say that about the Dems because the whole party stands for establishment, the establishment of big centrally planned government control.

It is both parties and has been over decades. Bush was every bit as bad as Obama. If Romney is elected there will be no difference between him and Obama. He is the personification of Wall Street corruption. But it is not just Wall Street,, It is the Federal Reserve and Banking Cartel, It is their corruption that infects and affects everything the come in contact with.

They OWN both parties, the Media, the education system,,,
They are the problem.

bolil
10-24-2011, 09:13 AM
I think he meant to Republican ( party that went to war and spent (literally) the next decade handing out big, fat, private contracts. I'm pretty sure that the only reason Dr. Paul is a Republican (again talking about party NOMINALLY, not in regards to the political philosophy implied by the names) is because they offer him the loudest speaker, if you will, to amplify his melody of truth. Again, this is not fact just conjecture.-