PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Straw Poll----

IsaiahP
10-23-2011, 06:28 PM
When- 9:00 am 12:00 Oct,29th 2011
Where- University of Alabama-Bryant Conference Center. Tuscaloosa,Al
Confirmed Speakers-Herman Cain/ with a chance of Sen.Rand Paul of Kentucky.
All other candidates are unconfirmed by might show up.
Lets force Ron Paul to be recongized.
I talk to Dewayne Fowler the President of the Alabama Straw Poll he said "If bus loads of people from other states come then we will not allow them to vote, if a couple of people from other states come we will allow them to vote"
Call the President at (205) 799-6747

FSP-Rebel
10-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I talk to Dewayne Fowler the President of the Alabama Straw Poll he said "If bus loads of people from other states come then we will not allow them to vote, if a couple of people from other states come we will allow them to vote"
Ambiguous much? Why not just have in-staters vote in said state poll so we all know what the rules are up front w/o the bs.. I mean, this isn't Ames or anything.

bluesc
10-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Ambiguous much? Why not just have in-staters vote in said state poll so we all know what the rules are up front w/o the bs.. I mean, this isn't Ames or anything.

Because if 100 Cain supporters show up, they are fine, but if 40 Ron Paul supporters show up, the results would be voided. In some places we have 50% of the 18-29 vote. We can win this.

willwash
10-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Whatever. I predict we win with 53% of the vote and it get completely ignored. The usual

bluesc
10-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Whatever. I predict we win with 53% of the vote and it get completely ignored. The usual

Denying Cain the headlines. Completely worth it.

Tod
10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
You folks in Alabama BETTER come through after we in Ohio pulled it off. You know you don't want people saying that Paul supporters in Alabama are less effective at getting out the vote than Ohioans! :p

J-Reg
10-23-2011, 08:22 PM
You folks in Alabama BETTER come through after we in Ohio pulled it off. You know you don't want people saying that Paul supporters in Alabama are less effective at getting out the vote than Ohioans! :p

Yeah we better! Please, Alabamians that live anywhere remotely near Tuscaloosa, GET OVER THERE AND BRING FRIENDS!! SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL THE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS THAT YOU KNOW!!

rubantin
10-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Park the buses miles away and get the locals to drive ;)

Aratus
10-23-2011, 10:08 PM
^this!^

chronicaust
10-23-2011, 10:13 PM
I live in AL and I will do my best to get a few people down there = )

Rothbardian Girl
10-23-2011, 10:16 PM
I am going with Auburn YAL. :)

LibertyEagle
10-23-2011, 10:17 PM
My sister lives in Alabama and she says no one she knows there has even heard of Ron Paul. So, there is a lot of work to do there.

BattleFlag1776
10-23-2011, 10:32 PM

Good for you! Make sure you plaster something about this in the Ag school. There should be at least 25-50 there who are ticked at the current Administration's proposed over-regulations concerning small ag.

dolphin
10-23-2011, 10:37 PM
I am in Prattville, Al and require transporation.

I need to know as soon as possible if someone can pick me up.

Most of the Ron Paul supporters that are bunched and active are in Birmingham.

I hate to be the Negative Nancy, but living in Alabama I am not optimistic of the outcome of this one.

I base that on face to face conversations with people and the lack of any major internet activism.

I originally came to this forum in search of local activists and the state thread is near dead.

dolphin
10-23-2011, 10:41 PM

Our University Contingent is our best hope.

I have not even made a reservation since I don't have transportation.

Eric21ND
10-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Denying Cain the headlines. Completely worth it.

Name of the game: Prevent Defense

Come on Alabama don't allow the media to trumpet a Cain victory for weeks on end. Win one for the good guys!

Aratus
10-24-2011, 07:21 AM
they will

Tunink
10-24-2011, 07:41 AM
My sister lives in Alabama and she says no one she knows there has even heard of Ron Paul. So, there is a lot of work to do there.

Oh so true.... This is flip flop candidate country.... aka Perry one day, Cain the next.

Tod
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM

There are a LOT of people out there like that. My mom had never seen a pic of Ron Paul before and had never heard him speak. She knew OF him because he has been mentioned a little bit on talk radio. She said she's gotten campaign literature from all of the candidates EXCEPT Ron Paul. (she's a registered Republican)

My sister was similarly ignorant of Dr. Paul.

We have to work on the premise that the mainstream media is NEVER going to give him a break, let alone a PUSH, and that the mischaracterizations will continue. It is up to EACH ONE of us to get the word out.

We need an 8 1/2 x 11 flyer that we can run copies of that outlines all of his positions and addresses some of the nonsense that we see circulating about him ("weak on defense", etc). I think I'll start working on one unless someone already knows of a good one....

Tod
10-24-2011, 12:38 PM
I am in Prattville, Al and require transporation.

I need to know as soon as possible if someone can pick me up.

Most of the Ron Paul supporters that are bunched and active are in Birmingham.

I hate to be the Negative Nancy, but living in Alabama I am not optimistic of the outcome of this one.

I base that on face to face conversations with people and the lack of any major internet activism.

I originally came to this forum in search of local activists and the state thread is near dead.

I thought he whooped butt in the last campaign???

BAMAJD
10-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Im not old enough to vote in it but I plan on being down there. And I know a lot of people that know of Ron Paul, a lot of it is thanks to me but I have seen some yard signs around where I live also. My entire high school knows about him thanks to me and some friends. I know that doesnt mean much since not everyone there will be able to vote for him but my teachers know thanks to me as well. I sat down with my english teacher and discussed his foreign policy with her.

Bama Boy
10-24-2011, 06:09 PM
We dominated this one last cycle with something like 70%. I was there.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste a lot of time or money trying to win this one. It garnered very little local media coverage.

Sola_Fide
10-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Let's organize for these straw polls!

IF THEY WON'T TALK ABOUT AN RP WIN, THEY AT LEAST CAN'T TALK ABOUT ANYONE ELSE'S VICTORY!

(I stole this line from SailingAway...I think its great)

Bama Boy
10-24-2011, 08:19 PM
You are better off donating the entry fee directly to the RP campaign honestly.

CMoore
10-24-2011, 11:37 PM
I think I recall reading somewhere that the campaign really wanted a win in Alabama. In 2007 it was a complete blow out for Ron Paul in which he received 80% as I recall. I am going. Even if Cain buses in a bunch of folks, we can take them, I think.

Suzu
10-24-2011, 11:49 PM
I hope you remember the spokesman for Ron Paul in the 2007 Alabama Straw Poll, John Killian. Talk about FIRED UP!! I have never heard a guy so enthusiastic on the stump! The campaign needs to get this man on the team. Here he is:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZTpYTQLz6c

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj17sHDWamw

CMoore
10-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Yes. He is a dynamic speaker and a great guy.

Xelaetaks
10-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Hope we can win this. Honestly the more straw polls we win the better even if they ignore us! Don't let the other sheeple candidates win these. :)

dolphin
10-25-2011, 12:47 AM
With Cain actually showing up to speak you have to know he is buying the tickets and has plans to stuff the event with his people.

This is one of his few chances to stage an event on the cheap that can be used for propaganda and the mainstream
churn will most likely run with it.

Although I exect Perry and Romney will have their token contingents too.

Suzu
10-25-2011, 09:54 AM
If Ron Paul can't be at this straw poll, then really, all the campaign has to do is get John Killian (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325471-Alabama-Straw-Poll&p=3686851&viewfull=1#post3686851) to stand in again. Or if that's not possible for whatever reason, play his 2007 talk on a projector. It's the BEST political stump speech EVER!!!!!

V3n
10-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Alabama Cain director is scared, recent facebook post:

This is an URGENT call to action to all Alabama supporters. It has been brought to my attention that Ron Paul supporters plan to flood the straw poll down in Tuscaloosa on Oct 29th, this Saturday. The straw poll starts at 9am at the Bryant Conference Center in Tuscaloosa. Herman Cain will also speak at 10am. It is more important now than ever that we show up in full force in support of Herman Cain. Tell your friends and family and please make the trip.

Thank you all for your support

Stacie Curtis
Alabama State Director

Let's prove her RIGHT!

Eric21ND
10-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Let's do this people. Maybe some calls in the area would help out letting RP supporters know about the poll. We also need handouts going around ASAP.

Eric21ND
10-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Im not old enough to vote in it but I plan on being down there. And I know a lot of people that know of Ron Paul, a lot of it is thanks to me but I have seen some yard signs around where I live also. My entire high school knows about him thanks to me and some friends. I know that doesnt mean much since not everyone there will be able to vote for him but my teachers know thanks to me as well. I sat down with my english teacher and discussed his foreign policy with her.
If you're 17 pretty sure they will allow you to vote.

Rothbardian Girl
10-26-2011, 01:48 PM
If you're 17 pretty sure they will allow you to vote.
It says on the paper that you send in that people must be 18 or older to vote. I'm guessing they're planning to enforce this rule, particularly because Ron Paul's supporters all tend to be pretty young on the average.

I sent in my payment yesterday, hopefully I hear back from them in time to get my ticket.

Crotale
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Bump.

BamaAla
10-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Wish I could be there, but I will be at a wedding in Mobile; seems like they had the same idea the bride and groom had...bye week. I'll be in town on the 5th maybe they'll let me cast a late vote!

Liberty Eagle, it's disheartening to hear that your sister is seeing no support. It doesn;t absolutely surprise me in the state at large, but there are pockets of support. In my area (rural Cullman/Morgan county,) I wouldn't be surprised to see RP win a large majority in the primary; seemingly everyone around here, young and old male and female, love Ron, but it's sadly a small area. My in-laws live in Greystone and there seems to be a lot of support in that 280 corridor (the Birmingham money areas like Greystone, Inverness, Mountain Brook, and to a lesser degree Hoover.)

We didn't make a lot of headway in 2007/8 at UA. We proselytized a great deal so hopefully some of the younger ones have carried on and gained some ground.

Aratus
10-29-2011, 11:32 AM
bump!

DanielVincentKelley
11-01-2011, 01:38 AM
You know, comrades," says Stalin, "that I think in regard to this: I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this — who will count the votes, and how."

WHAT!? Nobody in Alabama knows who Ron Paul is? That's silly ridiculous propaganda. In 2007 Ron Paul won the straw poll in Alabama with 12X more votes than the next closest candidate. What we're seeing right now with Ron Paul winning 3rd place and lower in a lot of these straw polls is the result of poll rigging. Probably it's being done by the chief pollster's being owned by the Rothschilds who own the Fed.

I dug up these polls which show Ron Paul is the OBVIOUS front runner. I hope you'll share this info on any social networks you frequent to highlight how skewed the main stream media has been in reporting other obviously not front running candidates as the front runner. You could make a youtube video about this and include the below text in the video description. I think they're going to rig the election results and that's why they're misreporting who is the front runner.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/07/7658608-who-do-you-think-won-the-republican-debate-at-the-reagan-library
Who do you think won the Republican debate at the Reagan library?
229,691 votes
1st Place Ron Paul 58.9% (135,246 votes)
2nd Mitt Romney 14%

Ron Paul Wins Values Voter Summit Straw Poll With 37% Of Vote, Cain Comes In Second
http://www.mediaite.com/online/ron-paul-wins-values-voter-summit-straw-poll-with-37-of-vote-cain-comes-in-second/

http://www.rt.com/usa/news/ron-paul-straw-ohio-603/
Even with the establishment cringing at his libertarian leanings and his ideas otherwise radical for a Republican candidate, Congressman Paul received nearly 54 percent of the votes in an Ohio straw poll over the weekend.

http://www.rt.com/usa/news/fox-paul-debate-poll-257/
A screen shot of the poll produced by Infowars shows that Paul led with 24,894 votes, with Mitt Romney trailing in second place with 22,656 votes, of 27 percent of the total. Rick Perry placed third with 15 percent of the votes, followed by Herman Cain with 9 percent.

http://www.kcautv.com/story/15255706/ron-paul-wins-online-straw-poll
1st - Ron Paul with 44% of the unique online votes
2nd - Herman Cain 16%
3rd - Michele Bachmann 10%
4th - Rick Perry 8%
5th - (TIE) Tim Pawlenty and Mitt Romney 5%

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q42011/ron-paul-the-new-republican-frontrunner779/
Ron Paul (374), 44.9 percent
Rick Perry (244), 29.3 percent
Mitt Romney (74), 8.8 percent
Michele Bachmann (64), 7.7 percent
Jon Huntsman (17), 2.0 percent
Herman Cain (15), 1.8 percent

netwalker
11-01-2011, 06:46 AM
I was there with a couple of friends.

Cain won by like 20 votes. The good thing is that the attendees were comprised of half Paul supporters, half Cain supporters, and ALL the others only got 15 votes total. A little over 300 people participated in the strawpoll.

We also raised over $500 vs. Cain's ~$100.

I count this as a victory, considering Cain spoke at 10am and the votes were cast at 11.

sailingaway
11-01-2011, 06:56 AM

I wonder where Cain's buses parked.... in the Iowa one the same day he came in a close second to Dr. Paul in OUT OF STATE votes... Ron was the one with 82% of the Iowa resident vote. The meme of busing supporters in is backwards, needless to say.