PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh sleeps while Herman Cain attacks free market and federalism!

johnwk
10-23-2011, 06:05 PM
In November of 2010 in Don’t be VAT stupid (http://www.redstate.com/thehermancain/2010/11/21/dont-be-vat-stupid/) Herman Cain writes:

“A national retail sales tax on top of all the confusing and unfair taxes we have today is insane! It gives the out-of-control bureaucrats and politicians in denial one more tool to lie, deceive, manipulate and destroy this country.”

The fact is, Herman is now proposing a new tax, a national retail sales tax, in addition to taxing corporate profits and incomes, and also would tax the wages working people earn. Herman Cain essentially admitted in the above mentioned article his existing plan is “insane!” So, why do so many “conservatives” support this Washington Establishment Hobson’s Choice candidate whose mission is to give another taxing power to Congress with which to “lie, deceive, manipulate and destroy this country”?

And why is it that our “conservative” talk show hosts give this former federal reserve bank chairman, a Washington Establishment insider, a pass on his ”opportunity zones” which attack our free market system? Why do they not object to Mr. Cain proposing to give preferential treatment under law that would relieve residents living in his designated “opportunity zones” a duty to contribute an equal tax burden as those not within his designated zones? Is this proposed preference of commerce not in defiance of our founder’s intentions when they added the following words to our Constitution? No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear or pay Duties in another.

Why is it that our “conservative” talk show hosts are silent in connection with Herman Cain’s proposed assumption of power to enter the various united States to enforce unequal law and meddle in each State’s internal commerce when such activity defies the very words of our founder‘s intentions which are summarized as follows? “The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.”

Has FoxNews, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Lee Rodgers, Neal Boortz, Doc Thompson, Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, or any talk show questioned Herman Cain’s proposed assumption of powers which is very similar to that of Obama’s Solyndra type “green deals” which were hatched to plunder the American Taxpayer’s federal treasury and loot it of BILLIONS OF DOLLARS?

And why is it than none of the above “conservative” media personalities are concerned that a power to “designate” geographical areas within each of the various united States to be an “opportunity zone” invites political partisanship of the most dangerous kind in that a democrat president, as exhibited by the Obama Administration, will use such power to reward friends and punish political enemies? I thought Rush Limbaugh was the fountain of all political knowledge and would see through this Washington Establishment’s cooked up scheme to enlarge its blackmailing powers over the States [e.g., federal highway funds and the Establishment’s No Child Left Behind Act], and further enslave the defenders of a free market system. And these complaints do not even take into account how Herman Cain’s proposal feeds the class warfare game which our folks in Washington have learned to play to perfection with their good-cop bad-cop routine which is engaged in by the leadership of both political parties, and done so in concert!

And finally, where is Mark Levin who continually informs us of the virtues of federalism who seems to have closed his eyes to a wolf in sheep’s clothing, whose mission is admittedly designed to further erode the defined and limited powers of our federal government as summarized by our very own Supreme Court shortly after our Constitution’s Tenth Amendment was adopted to preserve and protect the virtues of federalism?

The government of the United States is of the latter description. The powers of the legislature are defined and limited; and that those limits may not be mistaken or forgotten, the constitution is written. To what purpose are powers limited, and to what purpose is that limitation committed to writing; if these limits may, at any time, be passed by those intended to be restrained? The distinction between a government with limited and unlimited powers is abolished, if those limits do not confine the persons on whom they are imposed, and if acts prohibited and acts allowed are of equal obligation. It is a proposition too plain to be contested, that the constitution controls any legislative act repugnant to it; or, that the legislature may alter the constitution by an ordinary act.

Between these alternatives there is no middle ground. The constitution is either a superior, paramount law, unchangeable by ordinary means, or it is on a level with ordinary legislative acts, and like other acts, is alterable when the legislature shall please to alter it.

If the former part of the alternative be true, then a legislative act contrary to the constitution is not law: if the latter part be true, then written constitutions are absurd attempts, on the part of the people, to limit a power in its own nature illimitable.

Certainly all those who have framed written constitutions contemplate them as forming the fundamental and paramount law of the nation, and consequently the theory of every such government must be, that an act of the legislature repugnant to the constitution is void. ____ MARBURY v. MADISON, 5 U.S. 137 (1803)

JWK

"The Constitution is the act of the people, speaking in their original character, and defining the permanent conditions of the social alliance; and there can be no doubt on the point with us, that every act of the legislative power contrary to the true intent and meaning of the Constitution, is absolutely null and void. ___ Chancellor James Kent, in his Commentaries on American Law (1858)

bluesc
10-23-2011, 06:17 PM
I did not write that. I am not that Herman Cain. You are comparing apples to oranges. America needs to get a sense of humor. *Cain fans cheer completely dismissing the stupidity of the man*

zerosdontcount
10-23-2011, 06:18 PM
I will surround myself with people who aren't full of shit

bluesc
10-23-2011, 06:24 PM
I will surround myself with people who aren't full of shit

And I will release my policy once I am President, because lots of economic statistics are classified.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Elect me, because I does not care.

clint4liberty
10-23-2011, 06:26 PM
It is absolutely true the talk radio personalities are seeming latching onto anyone to be the anti-Romney Presidential nominee. Herman Cain is now the flavor of the last two weeks or so since the Florida Straw Poll. It is clear the conservative vote is going to be split up allowing Mitt Romney to coast to the nomination. Talk radio personalities need to abandon all of these candidates and choose Dr. Paul. In a Paul Presidency, Iran is not going to get a nuclear weapon, Israel will still exist, North Korea is not going to attack South Korea, China is not going to invade Taiwan and the US will return to more constitutional government between 2013 to 2017 if Dr. Paul is elected. Rush Limbaugh and others need to stop worrying about the globe for four years and focus solely on repairing the US domestically. In 2017, we can return to the foreign policies debates of the past.

moderate libertarian
10-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Cain is probably not high on Rush's radars. I don't listen to him regularly, last time I tuned in Rush was totally tied up with Obama sending US troops to Africa to fight against our African Christian brothers there.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?323107-Rush-Obama-sending-US-troops-to-fight-christian-extremists-in-Africa

Duckman
10-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Cain is probably not high on Rush's radars.

If he stays at the top of the polls much longer he will be high on everyone's radars...

cindy25
10-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Cain is being given a pass because he is black. but he will fade anyway.

kah13176
10-23-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I've always wanted a bushel-basket containing both red delicious apples and Florida oranges.

bluesc
10-23-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I've always wanted a bushel-basket containing both red delicious apples and Florida oranges.

But damn you if you ever compare them.

Bosco Warden
10-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Obama is going to clean his clock, Cain is a novelty.

This whole thing is going to play out in teh media, and the troops will never come home from Iraq but will maintain the story of the day.

heavenlyboy34
10-23-2011, 10:01 PM
How does one convert "bushel-basket" to metric? /curious

heavenlyboy34
10-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Obama is going to clean his clock, Cain is a novelty.

This whole thing is going to play out in teh media, and the troops will never come home from Iraq but will maintain the story of the day.
I don't know about never. A long time, most likely. How long can an overseas empire be maintained? In the long run, empires have a tendency to collapse. The Bamster promised (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/21/obama-iraq-war-withdrawal-announcement_n_1024254.html) the forces in Iraq will be home by the end of the year. We'll see how well that promise holds up.

moonshineplease
10-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Cain is being given a pass because he is black. but he will fade anyway.

He's given a pass cause he is the establishment stamped candidate.

johnwk
10-24-2011, 06:28 AM
He's given a pass cause he is the establishment stamped candidate.

And in return for getting a pass, Herman Cain gives a pass on paying taxes to those living in his privileged “opportunity zones”.

How sweet of Herman Cain being so “progressive”!

JWK

jkr
10-24-2011, 07:10 AM
>flip

jkr
10-24-2011, 07:11 AM
flop<

Romulus
10-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Cain is being pushed by the MSM... he is the chosen one I believe.

johnwk
10-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Well isn’t this peachy? We now see Rick Perry, like the rest of our Republican Party Candidates, is another Washington Establishment flunky who promises to keep alive the Establishment’s source of evil and corrupt power which is wielded through the Marxist income tax, and is manipulated through clever definitions of “taxable income“ which is the establishment’s tool used to direct the tax at whomever they please.

And tell me, which one of our beloved “Republican candidates” offers to drive a stake through the heart of the “progressive’s” income tax with the following words:

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

Or better yet, which one of our “conservative” talk show hosts advocates the above words which would end the “progressive’s” occupation of America which began in 1913, and would restore our Constitution’s ORIGINAL TAX PLAN (http://townshipnews.org/?p=1360)? Has Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Doc Thompson, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Lee Rodgers, Neal Boortz. Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, etc., ever advocated or even discussed a return to our Constitution’s original tax plan and laid out how it worked to control Congress or how its rule of apportionment prevented the progressive's class warfare game?

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain: no additional sales tax on top of income taxes to feed the beast in Washington!

johnwk
10-26-2011, 06:19 AM
Why are so many comfortable with the occupation of the united States by progressives which started in 1913 with the 16th Amendment? As a matter of fact, it seems as though the Republican Party Leadership is just fine with maintaining the occupation with federal taxes calculated from “incomes“. It’s been a very long time since 1913 and not one Republican in all these years, including those now running for president, has ever brought a bill to the House floor to undue the progressive’s occupation using the following words:

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

And I suspect they refuse to work to repeal the 16th Amendment as stated above because they are part of the problem, and there would be such overwhelming support by the people if such a proposal was made that it would have to be passed and the Washington Establishment, including the Republican Party RINO leadership, would lose the despotic iron fist they now wield over America’s businesses and working people using taxes calculated from “incomes”

Ever since 1913 our country has been moving in one direction and its not back to the defined and limited powers enumerated in our Constitution, nor our Constitution’s original tax plan! Witness our current presidential candidates each of whom refuses to proposes withdrawing Congress‘ power to lay and collect taxes calculated from “incomes“. All they do is propose to exercise this despotic power in a different manner which changes the winners and losers and thus excites the class warfare game which further divides the people.

As I have stated so many times, the leadership of both political parties have learned to play the class warfare game in concert and to perfection.

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain: no additional sales tax on top of income taxes to feed the beast in Washington!

TNforPaul45
10-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Cain is the GOPs last attempt to vote on emotion. He especially benefitted from the Glenn Beck selling a month or so ago. But when they finally give up and realize who is the reasonable choice, they will sigh heavily and give in. :)

johnwk
10-26-2011, 08:44 PM
I was disappointed this evening that Herman Cain while on the Sean Hannity show was not asked to address many unanswered questions about his “opportunity zones”, especially how the idea conflicts with the founder’s intentions expressed in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 6; how the idea picks winners and losers in that people living in an “opportunity zones” are relieved from paying taxes which those outside an “opportunity zone” must pay.

And these questions do not even take into account how long it would take before Cain’s “opportunity zones” if allowed to be implemented would be used by our federal government to blackmail the states as is now done with federal highway funds, or the more recent No Child Left Behind Act. And, if a State does not comply with the federal government’s whims and fancies would their “opportunity zone” status be revoked?

And, what will happen when a Democrat is president under Cain’s “opportunity zones”? Will Republican States be designated as having “opportunity zones” or will blue states be privileged to receive such status while red States are left out to dry? Have we not learned our lesson from Obama’s Solyndra deal how friends are rewarded by folks in government and enemies are left to pay the tab? Why is Herman so eager to pick winners and losers, interfere with our free market system and wants to further undermine federalism, our Constitution’s plan?

Why does Herman Cain want to add a new weapon for the Washington Establishment to use in its ongoing class warfare game? And why are our “conservative” talk show hosts giving Herman a pass and not asking him the tough questions regarding his “opportunity zones”. Has Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Lee Rodgers, Doc Thompson, Neal Boortz. Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, or any talk show host raised the important questions regarding Herman Cain’s “opportunity zones”?

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain. No additional sales tax on top of income taxes!

johnwk
10-27-2011, 07:21 AM
In view of Herman Cain’s proposed “opportunity zones” under which people living in an “opportunity zone” are relieved from paying taxes which those outside an “opportunity zone” must pay to fund the functions of our federal government, which amounts to unequal law and preferential treatment, let us review one of our founding father’s thinking on the very issue.

"The framers of the Constitution guarded so much against a possibility of such partial preferences as might be given, if Congress had the right to grant them, that, even to encourage learning and useful arts, the granting of patents is the extent of their power. And surely nothing could be less dangerous to the sovereignty or interest of the individual States than the encouragement which might be given to ingenious inventors or promoters of valuable inventions in the arts and sciences. The encouragement which the General Government might give to the fine arts, to commerce, to manufactures, and agriculture, might, if judiciously applied, redound to the honor of Congress, and the splendor, magnificence, and real advantage of the United States; but the wise framers of our Constitution saw that, if Congress had the power of exerting what has been called a royal munificence for these purposes, Congress might, like many royal benefactors, misplace their munificence; might elevate sycophants, and be inattentive to men unfriendly to the views of Government; might reward the ingenuity of the citizens of one State, and neglect a much greater genius of another. A citizen of a powerful State it might be said, was attended to, whilst that of one of less weight in the Federal scale was totally neglected. It is not sufficient, to remove these objections, to say, as some gentlemen have said, that Congress in incapable of partiality or absurdities, and that they are as far from committing them as my colleagues or myself. I tell them the Constitution was formed on a supposition of human frailty, and to restrain abuses of mistaken powers.”__ Annals of Congress Feb 7th,1792 Rep Page (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=llac&fileName=003/llac003.db&recNum=194)

Why do so many Tea Party Activists ignore Herman Cain’s proposed abuses of mistaken power, and why do our “conservative“ talk show hosts, and especially FoxNews, give Herman Cain a pass?

JWK

There is no magic wand in government force which changes the definition of theft!