PDA

View Full Version : CA-Cops shoot unarmed man five times in the back while running away.

Anti Federalist
10-23-2011, 03:30 PM
His initial crime to bring on cop attention appeared to be jaywalking.

Downey police fatally shoot man

By Phillip Zonkel, Staff writer
Posted: 10/23/2011 02:01:51 PM PDT
Updated: 10/23/2011 02:01:51 PM PDT

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_19177655

DOWNEY - A robbery suspect was fatally shot by Downey police Saturday, officials said.

The officer-involved shooting near Imperial Highway and Paramount Boulevard occurred about 7:20 p.m., Downey police Sgt. Perry Miller.

The male victim was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead, but the body has not yet been transported to the Los County Coroner's office, so official identification has not been confirmed, said Lt. Cheryl MacWillie of the coroner's office.

A sister of the man shot by police told CBS2 that her brother was not involved in the robbery.

"My brother and his wife were getting gas. He went across the street to get some cigarettes. He jaywalked, I guess. And the police saw him. Confronted him. I don't know what happened, but they shot him ... in the back. Five times. Killed him," Terri Teramura said.

Teramura said her brother had four children.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's detectives are overseeing the investigation.

The Downey police officers responded to a call of an armed robbery and saw the suspect in the area acting suspiciously, said Sgt. Michael Thomas of the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau.

Officers detained the suspect but he escaped and ran into the yard of a nearby house. As officers contained the area to relocate him, the suspect tried to flee again but was captured at Imperial Highway and Paramount Boulevard.

The suspect escaped detention again and fled, leading the officers on a short foot pursuit.

During the foot pursuit, the suspect turned toward the pursuing Downey officers in an aggressive manner. Fearing the suspect was armed, an officer fired at the suspect, striking him., Thomas said.

(How the fuck, exactly, do you "turn aggressively" while running away? - AF)

No weapon was recovered, he said.

No information about the robbery or a description of the suspect sought was released.

Carehn
10-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Maybe they will find out it was a suicide. Like when someone shoots themselves twice in the back of the head.

War is peace you know. Murder is suicide. Flight is fight.

eduardo89
10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Maybe they will find out it was a suicide. Like when someone shoots themselves twice in the back of the head.

War is peace you know. Murder is suicide. Flight is fight.

I've heard of people dying of natural causes brought on by six stab wounds.

Cleaner44
10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Keep in mind that officer safety is #1 and clearly the man running away is a danger to the pursuing officers and the only solution is to unleash deadly force upon the unconvicted, unarmed man attempting to avoid the officers. What is the problem? [/SARCASM]

Apparently we all need to join the police force because being a citizen is the wrong side in this undeclared war.

Carehn
10-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I've heard of people dying of natural causes brought on by six stab wounds.

Happens all the time. Remember when Kennedy's head spontaneously exploded? Could happen to any one i guess.