PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul was AWESOME on Meet the Press

Created4
10-23-2011, 10:03 AM
If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032608/vp/

Scroll down on left side.

I watched the round table discussion to see what they had to say over this incredible interview. Nothing. Nada. They have already crowned Romney the GOP nominee. But this was great exposure for Dr. Paul today.

bluesc
10-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Give the tube because that video player doesn't work for some :). He was awesome indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfth22IuyXU

Created4
10-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks for finding it on Youtube!

I love the expression on Dr. Paul's face when he was told "the government has always been involved in housing" and Dr. Paul gave a look like "what are you talking about??" and replied "No it hasn't." It seems like the interviewer just went down his list of questions and barely listened to what Dr. Paul was saying. But this interview did more to educate people on how different Ron Paul is from any of the candidates, and the ONLY one offering real solutions. Excellent.

Original_Intent
10-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Yep, Dr. Paul did a great job on this interview. Outstanding performance!

pcosmar
10-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Yeah.

That is my Ron Paul.
:D

bluesc
10-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks for finding it on Youtube!

I upload almost everything :) Be sure to subscribe to me for future videos.

You're absolutely right about the interviewer sticking strictly to the script. Sucks for them that Ron knocked it out of the park which left no room for their gotcha follow ups :p

specsaregood
10-23-2011, 10:42 AM
great job dr. paul

donnay
10-23-2011, 10:46 AM
We need this video to go viral!! Dr. Paul did an excellent job! I love he he smile when the interviewer talked about the youth. :)

Created4
10-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Yeh, I am surprised there were no "gotchas," but honestly, Dr. Paul is MUCH more prepared for these types of interviews than he was in 2007/08. For example, when they tried to portray him as someone who opposed us going into Pakistan to take out Bin Laden, he said "If you were president, Bin Laden would still be alive." Paul nailed it. Instead of debating what happened in Pakistan, he pointed out the fact that he voted to go after Bin Laden when he was still in Tora Bora, and that we should have taken him out years earlier, but instead got involved in nation building. Very well done. He also is getting into better habits of giving short answers first, rather then lengthy intellectual answers. For example, when accused that his economic plan would cut benefits to social security, he simply replied "no it wouldn't" - with an emphatic look on his face, before giving a more detailed response. Unlike the Tim Russert interview last time around, this time, the interviewer looked like the one uninformed.

RDM
10-23-2011, 11:09 AM
This has got to be a top 5 interview for Ron Paul.

bolidew
10-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeh, I am surprised there were no "gotchas," but honestly, Dr. Paul is MUCH more prepared for these types of interviews than he was in 2007/08.

Indeed preparation pays off. Great job Dr. Paul!

ctiger2
10-23-2011, 11:55 AM
I've noticed of late that Ron seems to be finding a groove and he just keeps getting better and better. It reminds me of Hakeem Olajuwon in the 80's. Great basketball player, but never made it too far into playoffs. Then the early 90's hit and Hakeem just transformed into a freakin' GOD and he was just in the zone for a couple years. Ron is gradually entering into his own zone. The stakes are getting higher and higher as each day passes and Ron keeps rising to the challenge. I think when it's finally Paul VS Obama in the general people are going to see Ron for the first time and just go OMG this dudes on fire, who is this guy? IMO Ron has the potential to go down as one of the greatest presidents in the history of this country, if not the greatest. When it's 2040 in this country people will look back to 2012 and what Ron did and just be amazed. We live in EPIC times right now.

Rothbardian Girl
10-23-2011, 01:04 PM
This was an amazing interview. I loved Ron's response to the last question, where he exposed the nature of the two-party system. He is definitely keeping himself cool and collected, and people will still find areas to nitpick and call him a 'kook', but his answers were spot-on here.

iamse7en
10-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Ron kicked some major ass. Spread this far and wide!!

wgadget
10-23-2011, 02:02 PM
One of my favorite parts was where he said that an Obama presidency wouldn't be any different from a Romney presidency.

Peace&Freedom
10-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Paul was GOD ON FIRE today! Clearly the Russert 'gotcha' era of MTP is past, or else Gregory was not able to recreate the 'put him in a corner' tactics of his predecessor. The big deal is Paul got some real time on big-boy, broadcast NBC, not MSNBC cable land. A lot more regular folks got to see him today, and saw him at his best.

Anti Federalist
10-23-2011, 02:30 PM
One of my favorite parts was where he said that an Obama presidency wouldn't be any different from a Romney presidency.

That's not a grenade of truth.

That's not a mortar of truth.

That's not a missile of truth.

That's not a MOAB of truth.

That's a freaking Tsar Bomba of truth.

Lothario
10-23-2011, 03:01 PM
flawless interview. I'm pumping this out to all my social network peeps with the caption: 15 minute manual on how to save the world.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Gregory got schooled early on and quit his extreme word emphasis, like "AND education" "DRACONIAN CUTS"

KramerDSP
10-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I've noticed of late that Ron seems to be finding a groove and he just keeps getting better and better. It reminds me of Hakeem Olajuwon in the 80's. Great basketball player, but never made it too far into playoffs. Then the early 90's hit and Hakeem just transformed into a freakin' GOD and he was just in the zone for a couple years. Ron is gradually entering into his own zone. The stakes are getting higher and higher as each day passes and Ron keeps rising to the challenge. I think when it's finally Paul VS Obama in the general people are going to see Ron for the first time and just go OMG this dudes on fire, who is this guy? IMO Ron has the potential to go down as one of the greatest presidents in the history of this country, if not the greatest. When it's 2040 in this country people will look back to 2012 and what Ron did and just be amazed. We live in EPIC times right now.

Great analogy with Dream. Dream was incredible. But the only drawback was that Jordan was playing Baseball when Dream got his two rings. I still want to continue the analogy and suggest that David Robinson is Romney, recieving all the accolades, while RP is Olajuwon. For those of you who don't follow the NBA, Robinson got the MVP award for the regular season, and gave a short speech before a playoff series against Olajuwon's rockets. Robinson thanked many previous MVP centers, but did not include Dream in that speech. Olajuwon lost it and delivered arguably the most dominant performance in NBA playoff history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0

Created4
10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Gregory got schooled early on and quit his extreme word emphasis, like "AND education" "DRACONIAN CUTS"

Yeh, that seemed to be almost his main emphasis: all your cuts will lead to loss of jobs and hurt the economy. Dr. Paul just gave the facts, and showed how we did this after WW2 and it actually improved the economy, when all the troops came back home. Such simple, basic economics, but we have two generations now of people who really believe we actually need government to run our lives. But the tide might be turning, as evidenced by OWS and the Tea Party movement, as he said, and if the sovereign debt crisis completely blows up soon and government needs to start laying off people anyway because they have no choice, I think more and more people will realize REAL change is needed, and only Dr. Paul offers that.

sailingaway
10-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Do you know the AP story on this? A pure lie, that 'Ron Paul wants to end student loans' when he wants to move them to a different department. It is everywhere. You will be hearing about it right up there with the lie that he wants to throw grandma in the streets. NO ONE is running the story that he balances the budget in three years while saving social security etc. And now Bachmann is stealing his plan, or trying to.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-23-2011, 05:01 PM
if the sovereign debt crisis completely blows up soon and government needs to start laying off people anyway because they have no choice, I think more and more people will realize REAL change is needed, and only Dr. Paul offers that.Honestly, if it comes to that, I think there are too many nitwits out there who will keep saying it was the Republicans fault, or that the president wasn't "bold enough" with his stimulus spending. They will never face the fact that government created the problem and are incapable of solving it.

We'll look like Greece and Italy, with rioting in the street, if/when the government begins slashing spending drastically just to stay solvent.

Knightskye
10-23-2011, 05:11 PM
They had to go back to 1987 to get a quote about Ron Paul talking about taxes?

Created4
10-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Honestly, if it comes to that, I think there are too many nitwits out there who will keep saying it was the Republicans fault, or that the president wasn't "bold enough" with his stimulus spending. They will never face the fact that government created the problem and are incapable of solving it.

We'll look like Greece and Italy, with rioting in the street, if/when the government begins slashing spending drastically just to stay solvent.

Obviously that will happen. But will these "nitwits" actually do something about it and take part in the elections? If so, who will they vote for? Paul's basic message that there is not much difference between Romney and Obama is one that should start to resonate with some. Remember, with the current crowded field in the GOP, only 25% to 30% will win an early primary. I have a feeling that much like 07/08, that Romney has already hit is ceiling. He was the early front-runner back then also. But as the lessor candidates start dropping off and there are fewer choices, how many of them will go over to Romney? Not many last time. The moderates and conservatives alike went to McCain instead, although he was not an early frontrunner.

ghengis86
10-23-2011, 05:13 PM
That was excellent.

Jandrsn21
10-23-2011, 05:15 PM
This has got to be a top 5 interview for Ron Paul.

Agreed! He really did a great job!

jazzloversinc
10-23-2011, 05:36 PM
I LOVE RON PAUL!!!! 2012!!!! Well...this guy asked him policy questions...

CaptainAmerica
10-23-2011, 05:40 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVBFABLdw8oejq_va5UBgdbC2SXWJ1q KFhSDnxPrV5tiPS5WqSaSclUTw8

Cutlerzzz
10-23-2011, 05:42 PM
What a beautiful man, Paul is. So good I had to watch it twice. Shared.

ClayTrainor
10-23-2011, 05:44 PM
He was on his A-game for sure. He was Clear, concise, confident... all that good stuff. I Loved how he argued that taxation is outright theft, without any hesitation whatsoever.

Philhelm
10-23-2011, 07:02 PM
He was on his A-game for sure. He was Clear, concise, confident... all that good stuff. I Loved how he argued that taxation is outright theft, without any hesitation whatsoever.

I loved that part too. He just came out and said it!

emazur
10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
What is the "international law" that Paul refers to in this interview?

bluesc
10-23-2011, 07:11 PM

The man is genuine and fights for We The People everyday of his life and has done for decades. He has given a lot for us. He has been laughed at, mocked, insulted, attacked and ridiculed in his quest. This is his time. He must be President. We must do absolutely everything we can to support him to make that happen.

Honestly, I think the campaign should ask more of us.

QueenB4Liberty
10-23-2011, 08:05 PM
That was a great interview!!

Sola_Fide
10-23-2011, 08:24 PM

Yep. Loved it.