PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Amash Money Bomb?

10-23-2011, 03:14 AM
I think we should have a grassroots money bomb for Justin Amash.

I mean, here is a guy who is really sticking his neck out for liberty in the Congress. After Ron Paul is gone, he will be the most libertarian member of the House of Representatives.

His moneybomb recently raised almost zilch, it seems.

Why don't we put together a grassroots moneybomb for Justin Amash?

If we want more constitutionalists in the House and Senate, they need our financial support, even if their last name is not Paul. Do you think they'll raise much from the establishment of the party? No... they need us!

Who's on board?

Patrick Henry
10-25-2011, 05:48 PM
I am.

specsaregood
10-25-2011, 05:58 PM
good idea. after that can we get a real one setup for gunny too?

bluesc
10-25-2011, 06:01 PM
I had so much enthusiasm for Amash until I found out he disagrees with Ron on Iran. Is there anyone in Congress that isn't afraid of that primitive nation? Or afraid to oppose war and sanctions against them?

I'll help promote, because he is better than most.

Patrick Henry
10-25-2011, 06:13 PM
I had so much enthusiasm for Amash until I found out he disagrees with Ron on Iran.

I agree. That was disheartening.

*ramble*
Let's be honest, Dr. Paul is an anomaly. This country has an opportunity to elect one of the most courages and noble men to have ever held office. A man that even if his policies were't fully enacted, the country would be completely changed and on the march towards liberty for the first time since... I don't know when.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Look, Goldwater had an interventionist foreign policy. He was great.

We have to look at the large scope of issues, not just one.

specsaregood
10-25-2011, 06:16 PM

It's a damn big issue though, bombing and killing people is pretty serious. But, Amash won't be supporting any wars without a declaration I assume?

bluesc
10-25-2011, 06:19 PM

Foreign policy is the biggest issue for a President. I lost enthusiasm for him taking over for Ron in the future when I found out.

As much as Obama makes you think otherwise, a President does not control the economy, or much else. They do control the troops. Foreign policy is very important.

I don't oppose Amash, and I said I would promote it.

I love how you can't criticize Rand or Amash around here because foreign policy isn't that important.. Oh, unless it's pretty much anyone else :rolleyes:.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-25-2011, 06:20 PM
It's a damn big issue though, bombing and killing people is pretty serious. But, Amash won't be supporting any wars without a declaration I assume?
It is a big issue, however I am not sure what his position would end up amounting to?
Sanctions-I suppose yes
Strike on the reactor-maybe
Occupation/boots on the ground-doubtful

GeorgiaAvenger
10-25-2011, 06:22 PM
I love how you can't criticize Rand or Amash around here because foreign policy isn't that important.. Oh, unless it's pretty much anyone else :rolleyes:.
I'll be honest, domestic issues matter more to me.

If someone supports sanctions or even a strike, that doesn't affect me like other things do.

Now, war of course affects domestic issues.

As long as their foreign policy is pretty restrained, I will support them assuming they are great on domestic issues. Doesn't have to be perfect, just pretty restrained.

jacque
10-30-2011, 04:50 PM
good idea. after that can we get a real one setup for gunny too?

We were talking about a big moneybomb for Gunny in December. Any thoughts about the dates in mind for Justin?

Freedom Mom