PDA

View Full Version : If the Suit Fits! (Ron Paul gets a better suit for Faith and Freedom, thank the Good Lord)

10-23-2011, 03:08 AM
At the CNN Western Republican Debate Last Week

http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/wp-content/blogs.dir/2076/files/cnnwestern-republican-leadership-conference-debate/ron-paul.jpg
(image from the Houston Chronicle)

At the Faith and Freedom Forum Saturday

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/wp-content/gallery/iowa-faith-freedom-coalition-banquet/dmrdc5-61y2gxf13nrwpaf760q_original.jpg
(image from the Des Moines Register)

Nice tie, too!

AlexG
10-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Why do they ALWAYS photograph Ron in that same position in every debate? Maybe it's just Ron's mannerisms when he speaks, but it seems like their pictures always make him look like he's yelling or complaining.

10-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Why do they ALWAYS photograph Ron in that same position in every debate? Maybe it's just Ron's mannerisms when he speaks, but it seems like their pictures always make him look like he's yelling or complaining.

I think Gage (photographer for Ron Paul, poster on these forums, magnate of the media, progenitor of paulian photography) has said on here before that Ron Paul is difficult to photograph because he makes a bunch of funny faces. Or someone did.

But it's true, really. He makes a lot of expressions!

fatjohn
10-23-2011, 06:18 AM

Because now, he's all like
Come at me bro!

Gage
10-23-2011, 06:25 AM

Actually, I always try to take photos of people, including Ron, when they are most expressive with their arms. They usually just keep them on the podium, however, so it is difficult sometimes.

As for Ron's suit, it still looks incredibly loose around the neck in that new photo, and actually looks like the exact same suit.

No Free Beer
10-23-2011, 07:15 AM
its his body type. not the suit. get over it

MRoCkEd
10-23-2011, 07:17 AM
We might not care, but every person I have spoken to about the debate (average GOP voters) noted how Ron's suit didn't fit him. One said, "I guess he doesn't care about looking presidential because he knows he can't win." Appearances matter!

LayZayFaire
10-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Suit moneybomb? He needs gucci, armani, or LV with some lightly shaded glasses.

musicmax
10-23-2011, 07:43 AM
its his body type. not the suit. get over it

Suits can be tailored to properly fit any body type. If you buy one someday you'll find this out.

musicmax
10-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Suit moneybomb? He needs gucci, armani, or LV with some lightly shaded glasses.

Gucci is to forward-fashion. Armani is nice although you've got to go to their top-end collection (i.e. not "The Collezioni") to get jackets that are canvassed instead of fused. RP should go with Hickey Freeman or Brooks Brothers' Golden Fleece line for traditional looking, well-made, canvassed, made-in-the-USA suits under $2,000. I know BB does made-to-measure at most of its stores; HF does MTM from its New York location if not others. Certainly enough time for him to get a couple made before the next debates.

JohnGalt23g
10-23-2011, 08:02 AM
Gucci is to forward-fashion. Armani is nice although you've got to go to their top-end collection (i.e. not "The Collezioni") to get jackets that are canvassed instead of fused. RP should go with Hickey Freeman or Brooks Brothers' Golden Fleece line for traditional looking, well-made, canvassed, made-in-the-USA suits under $2,000. I know BB does made-to-measure at most of its stores; HF does MTM from its New York location if not others. Certainly enough time for him to get a couple made before the next debates.

Jos. A Bank has some very nice suits, and if you go there when they are holding a special, you can get some very good deals.

If you need something in Tampa for your acceptance speech Dr. Paul, I can talk to my guy in Clearwater. Very good. Even makes a fat slug like me look good.

MelissaWV
10-23-2011, 08:03 AM
He does not have to get a high-end suit. He has to have the suits he has, tailored and taken in, or at the very least stitched so that the neck doesn't "open" like it does, and the shoulders pop up to make him look hunched. He may also need to consider getting a "narrow" jacket, which would solve most of these problems on the spot.

"Under $2,000" may sound like an utter bargain to you, but Dr. Paul is unlikely to spend that much on a suit. Perhaps that's part of why we like him.

Gage, I do think it's a similar suit (if not the same one; hard to tell with lighting and all), but he was more relaxed in Iowa. In the debates, with his gesticulating, the suit starts to shift very quickly.

Revolution9
10-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Broad shoulders and narrow waist. It cannot fit like a glove like some fatassed businessman. It will drape just fine but lift the arms or cant the shoulder and the jacket has nothing to cling to to pull it to form. Now..will everybody STFU..even an expensive tailor will have a very hard time with such and require a couple of suits and many alterations to get just right. Where does the doc have time for multiple fittings or where is a tailor that fracking smart? I know one in downtown Atlanta. The rest make baggy assed floppy suits IMO that I have reviewed.

Best
Rev9

Okie RP fan
10-23-2011, 08:26 AM
We might not care, but every person I have spoken to about the debate (average GOP voters) noted how Ron's suit didn't fit him. One said, "I guess he doesn't care about looking presidential because he knows he can't win." Appearances matter!

Appearances matter too much in this country, unfortunately.

I've also heard this from many people. I started a thread in the "Primary Debates" section on this. I think we need to reach out to the campaign and tell them.

TexasJake
10-23-2011, 08:32 AM

Really? I have talked to a lot of people about Ron, and not once has the fit of his suit come up. I'm not arguing your point, but it is a sad day when a suit could sway someones vote. :confused:

AlexMerced
10-23-2011, 08:56 AM
he should spend an ounce of gold on his next suit