PDA

View Full Version : Someone Close to the Campaign Tell Ron The Others Stealing His ideas is NOT Helpful

chris41336
10-22-2011, 07:17 PM
YOu know, when I watch Ron, he seems to be okay with Newt, Bachmann, etc stealing his ideas due to it meaning that "the message of liberty is spreading."

Someone close to Ron has to tell him that he needs to start calling out people on it. It is NOT helpful to his campaign and these shills taking his ideas is no more "helping the cause" than them ignoring it because we all know (likely including Ron) that they won't actually implement any of these things.

This is more urgent than the campaign makes out. It is diluting Ron's message and the sheeple won't see that it was his first, since the media ignores ron and talks about everyone else.

low preference guy
10-22-2011, 07:18 PM
What's the point? He has no control over whether they steal his ideas or not.

chris41336
10-22-2011, 07:32 PM
But he does have control over his reaction to the idea stealing, which currently is "Good!"

It's not good! THey are just going to use that message to subvert it.

KramerDSP
10-22-2011, 07:51 PM
They're not exactly Ron Paul's ideas either... :D

AlexG
10-22-2011, 07:53 PM
But isn't that what we want? To spread the message of liberty? I'm not sure what your angle is. Plus they aren't his ideas

Simple
10-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Not a bad suggestion if taken the right way. All the candidates get asked about each other constantly, so Ron could just use this time to point out how many of his potions the other candidates have adopted.

What do you think about candidate A?

At least Candidate A has come around to support my position on B. I've been supporting B for decades.

Rinse and repeat. Ron can turn the debate from the other candidates into who is with Ron Paul and on what issues.

zyphex
10-22-2011, 08:10 PM
The fact that they are stealing his ideas is indicative that more of the populace is embracing this message. The sign that the message is spreading is whenever that message can be used to pander effectively. With the candidates adopting Ron's views (in speeches), it only reinforces his ideas. And I understand the argument....we don't want to see unprincipled politicians getting voted in on a message of liberty and then ignoring it. But the positive is that Paul no longer has to do as much convincing of the ideas. The people are adopting his ideas. Now he has to convince the public that he is the most principled and reliable candidate in the race. Yes, it's frustrating if you see people becoming Perry or Gingrich supporters because of their stance on the Fed, but the fact that the people even know what the Fed is and that it is a corrupt system is a humongous achievement. The wind is in our direction, we just have to go out and show that Ron Paul actually means what he says.

Ron Paul is a statesman. The others are politicians. Statesmen say what they believe. Politicians say what they think the public believes. If politicians are saying things that are Ron Paul-esque, that is a good indicator that the people are becoming more Ron Paul-esque. So yes, embrace that the message is getting stronger, and fight so that the people will realize that Ron Paul has been a true champion of these ideas for his entire public life.

But I get your point, it'd be great for Ron Paul to say more things like "I'm glad that these guys are finally adopting the positions I've held for 30 years." But if you want Ron Paul to get upset about it and accuse people of stealing ideas, then that is just unwise.

sailingaway
10-22-2011, 08:13 PM
What is he supposed to do, shoot them?

Unhelpful thread is unhelpful.

10-22-2011, 08:13 PM
We want the country to embrace the concepts of personal liberty and free society, but we also want Ron to be elected president. It's a fine line to walk, Ron does the best he can.

PursuePeace
10-22-2011, 08:16 PM
I really think he needs to see all of these audiences as "People who know nothing about Ron Paul" and take it from there.
He needs to emphasize what he has fought for all of these years. These other candidates do NOT have that behind them.
They have very little to compare to Ron and he needs to SHOW THAT. He needs to show the difference by saying the things that the other candidates cannot.
It's one thing to say what you believe and what you want to do to help the country. It's something else when you show the proof that you've been fighting for these very things for DECADES. The other candidates are like cardboard cutouts, with barely anything holding them up. While Ron has DECADES of CONSISTENCY and INTEGRITY behind him.

chris41336
10-22-2011, 09:24 PM
What is he supposed to do, shoot them?

Unhelpful thread is unhelpful.

Of course not.

I just think Ron or the campaign should make it more apparent that these ideas were brought to the front of the stage by RP first, not by someone like Gingrich just because someone tuning into the 6th debate of the season hears Gingrich say it first. That is damaging to us in the sense that when someone here's Gingrich say "The Fed needs to be looked at", who doesn't follow politics or RP, all they hear is exactly that: Gingrich saying it. RP is nowhere on their minds.

smartguy911
10-22-2011, 09:44 PM
DUDES NOBODY OWNS AN IDEA.