PDA

View Full Version : File Under: There are no good cops.

phill4paul
10-22-2011, 04:46 PM
A long read but well worth it. Basically shows why there are no good cops.

"In October 2006, an ambitious captain named Steven Mauriello arrived at the precinct. Mauriello, later the precinct commander, was focused on making cops hit their productivity numbers, a philosophy that clashed with Schoolcraft's views.

"Be a cop, do your job," Mauriello is heard saying on a tape from January 27, 2009. "You got a problem with how I roll? My style? Too fucking bad."

Schoolcraft believed more in a "community" model of policing: "You pull someone over for a seat-belt violation, they have their ID, all their papers, you don't need to give them a ticket," he says. "Just 'warn and admonish.' You don't need to hammer the regular people.""

http://www.villagevoice.com/2010-06-15/news/adrian-school-craft-nypd-tapes-whistleblower/4/

hazek
10-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Basically by the state authorized mafia, that's what they are.

realtonygoodwin
10-22-2011, 05:45 PM
To say all cops are bad is pure collectivism, and nonsense to boot.

VegasPatriot
10-22-2011, 05:59 PM

+ rep Thank you. It's just like saying there are no honest politicians. Instead of constantly bashing cops it would be refreshing to see more here promoting groups like Oath Keepers (groups that are actually doing something instead of just complaining and throwing mud with statements like all cops are bad).

pcosmar
10-22-2011, 06:04 PM
The idea of police is a concept that should not exist in a free society.
http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

It is an invention of authoritarianism.

In a free society there is no such thing as contraband. The few actual crimes (murder, rape theft and fraud) can be handled by citizens and an elected Law enforcement officer(Sheriff).
Law enforcement is the duty of all citizens. Personal security is a personal responsibility.

Anti Federalist
10-22-2011, 07:27 PM

Depends on how bad and corrupt the system they are serving is.

Right now, as a matter of settled law and "executive authority", the government can summarily execute any US citizen it wishes, with no bill of rights protections whatsoever, just on government's say so alone.

That is textbook tyranny.

Wear the badge of that, enforce that, even if you do nothing all day long but rescue kittens out of trees and help grannies across the street and you are, de facto, a "bad guy".

Wish not to be tainted thusly?

Turn in the badge and gun and walk away.

phill4paul
10-22-2011, 07:52 PM

Did you bother to read the article and listen to any of the tapes? Ever heard of Frank Serpico? The blue line closes ranks to protect its 'own'. Schoolcroft, a 'good cop', obviously wasn't considered one of their 'own'.

Cops are there to protect the state. Therefore, there are no 'good' cops.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?228509-The-Myth-of-Police-Protection&highlight=myth+police+protection

CCTelander
10-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Once again ...

...the police have NO DUTY to protect an innocent individual's rights and property. The courts in every jurisdiction throughout the US have universally upheld this position. Here's a whole thread on the topic:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228509

Professional police forces do NOT exist to protect the rights and property of innocent individuals. They were NEVER intended for such a purpose. They exist solely and completely for the purpose of enforcing the will of the power elites, and protecting those power elites against YOU.

In other words they are, in effect, an occupational army whose sole purpose is to oppress YOU. Period.

They violate the rights of innocent individuals every day. They routinely taze, beat and kill innocent people. They destroy their property, bust down their doors, toss their premises and all this without even an apology. They throw innocent people in cages to be abused and raped. They regularly destroy the lives of innocents. They make false charges and then lie in court. The list of police abuses and usurpations goes on, and on, and on.

The cops ARE NOT your friends, EVER.

I'll bump the Myth of Police Protection thread yet again too.

realtonygoodwin
10-22-2011, 08:22 PM
The job of the police is to investigate crime.

pcosmar
10-22-2011, 08:28 PM

Unless it is committed by police. Then they only investigate when there is public outcry.
"Investigations" of their own generally (accept in rare cases) find NO wrongdoing.

Often they punish whistle-blowers, like the fore mentioned Serpico.

Anti Federalist
10-22-2011, 08:37 PM

Read some of the government's COG plans.

Take a close look at the police and the "services" they provided after Katrina.

You'll get a better idea of what they are really there for, when the shit truly hits the fan.

donnay
10-22-2011, 08:39 PM

LOL! That is pure naiveté on your part. Read the Op's article, and read the Constitution! Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that Congress shall provide police to protect the people--nowhere.

You ought to watch the movie: Copland. Although it is fiction, I can assure you this type of corruption exist--especially with in New York.

Anti Federalist
10-22-2011, 08:43 PM
+ rep Thank you. It's just like saying there are no honest politicians. Instead of constantly bashing cops it would be refreshing to see more here promoting groups like Oath Keepers (groups that are actually doing something instead of just complaining and throwing mud with statements like all cops are bad).

I have nothing but the greatest respect for OK and support the organization, in spirit and with donations.

But if you want to really impress me, resign.

Leave.

Walk off.

Turn in the badge and gun.

Get enough people to do that, not serve the system, and everything else becomes academic.

pcosmar
10-22-2011, 08:44 PM
I keep suggesting that people read this,,

Not just food for thought,, it is deep red meat.

realtonygoodwin
10-22-2011, 08:45 PM
LOL! That is pure naiveté on your part. Read the Op's article, and read the Constitution! Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that Congress shall provide police to protect the people--nowhere.

You ought to watch the movie: Copland. Although it is fiction, I can assure you this type of corruption exist--especially with in New York.

I never said anything about Congress. I am talking about local police.

pcosmar
10-22-2011, 08:50 PM
I never said anything about Congress. I am talking about local police.

Too Late. They have all been Federalized and are a part of Homeland Stupidity.

They should not exist in the first place.

I keep suggesting that people read this,,

Not just food for thought,, it is deep red meat.

Throw in some Veggies of Liberty and Taters of Sound Economy and ya got a Hearty Freedom Stew.

LibForestPaul
10-22-2011, 09:39 PM

To say all Gestapos were bad is pure collectivism, and nonsense to boot.

DamianTV
10-23-2011, 05:04 AM
The Law is what defines people as either Criminals or Law Abiding Citizens.

Right now, every aspect of our Laws have been twisted and contorted to change the definition of a Criminal into a Law Abiding Citizen and visa versa. The definition of a "Republic" comes from two Latin words Res and Publica. Res meaning Thing, and Publica obviously meaning Public, the Thing Public, or better translated, the "Public Thing" which would be The Law. The Law is no longer the Public Thing as it does not come from us any longer, as we are no longer a Republic. The Law is now defined by those that write The Law. And The Law now defines Banksters and the Elitist Plutocracy as being Law Abiding Citizens, while redefining our roles as "The Criminals" for displaying any form of contempt for those that write The Law, and those that Enforce The Law.

Thus, it is not the Enforcers of The Law that we should concern ourselves with, but those that now hold control over the Creation and Definition of The Law. The Enforcers merely Enforce what The Law is defined as. Those Definitions need to be changed for us to ever be a Free and Indepenant Nation, and to liberate the Enforcers from the Perversion of The Law that Enslaves both us and the Enforcers.

pcosmar
10-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NcLNoxiPBk

DamianTV
10-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Excellent video and point well taken! +rep