PDA

View Full Version : Just watched V for Vendetta

guitarlifter
10-22-2011, 02:14 PM
It definitely has strong messages against big government, and it was twisting things to make V look like a terrorist even though V was just exercising his right to revolt against his tyrannical government. Great movie, I thought.

Knightskye
10-22-2011, 05:07 PM
It's a great movie, even funnier when it airs on BBC America.

QuickZ06
10-22-2011, 05:17 PM
It's a great movie, even funnier when it airs on BBC America.

haha I'm sure parliament loves that movie.

And its a very good movie I watched it again and found myself I understood the message better now that I have understood what politics is all about in the past two years.

kr1963
10-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Btw V for Vendetta is made by the same guys who brought you the Matrix series. In both you find a similar theme of the heroes being portrayed to the general public as villains & people worthy of scorn & punishment. However when Criminals run the government then being good & asking for justice is a crime.

In V we also see the threat-reaction-solution model in play where the government creates a threat & the people react to it & the government offers a solution that "protects" the people by getting them to give away their freedoms. Sounds a bit like 9/11 & the Patriot Act to me.

QuickZ06
10-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Btw V for Vendetta is made by the same guys who brought you the Matrix series. In both you find a similar theme of the heroes being portrayed to the general public as villains & people worthy of scorn & punishment. However when Criminals run the government then being good & asking for justice is a crime.

In V we also see the threat-reaction-solution model in play where the government creates a threat & the people react to it & the government offers a solution that "protects" the people by getting them to give away their freedoms. Sounds a bit like 9/11 & the Patriot Act to me.

Sounds dead on to me. Which is a bad thing.

kr1963
10-23-2011, 02:18 AM
It is a bad thing if we do nothing about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oWs_voUPkk&feature=related