PDA

View Full Version : The Feds Will Cut Off TV and Radio on November 9th

RonPaulFanInGA
10-22-2011, 01:38 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/did-you-know-feds-will-temporarily-cut-off-all-tv-and-radio-broadcasts-on-nov-9/

If you have ever wondered about the government’s ability to control the civilian airwaves, you will have your answer on November 9th.

On that day, federal authorities are going to shut off all television and radio communications simultaneously at 2:00PM EST to complete the first ever test of the national Emergency Alert System (EAS).

Cowlesy
10-22-2011, 01:39 PM
They better hope they both come back on or else people are going to start reading again and that is a threat to national security.

LibertasPraesidium
10-22-2011, 04:19 PM
LOL what a good way to promote RON PAUL. Since everyone wont be watching tv, or listening to the Radio we could do ad campaigns for getting news online, from trusted unbiased news sources.

If we could just find them....

cucucachu0000
10-22-2011, 07:04 PM
I hope ron paul makes a statement about this. Something like this I think if a big deal is made about it could stir up distrust of the govt both liberal and conservative.

Czolgosz
10-22-2011, 07:06 PM
They better hope they both come back on or else people are going to start reading again and that is a threat to national security.

Could you imagine the zombies coming out of the comas all at once? Torches and pitchforks would be a hot commodity.

jclay2
10-22-2011, 11:14 PM
The off switch is very real. Kind of reminds me of escape from LA a bit...lol.

10-23-2011, 02:21 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/did-you-know-feds-will-temporarily-cut-off-all-tv-and-radio-broadcasts-on-nov-9/

That's really scary... Hey RPFinGA, what happened to your iconic Wolf Blitzer image?

Cowlesy
10-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Could you imagine the zombies coming out of the comas all at once? Torches and pitchforks would be a hot commodity.

It'd be a tragic comedy to me. I'd just think "this is what happens when a majority of society gets their news from the idiot tube."

Danke
10-23-2011, 06:40 AM
Bastards! That is right when "One Life to Live" comes on!!

Kludge
10-23-2011, 07:05 AM
I wonder when they'll introduce a law forcing all ISPs to redirect all requests to an "emergency broadcast" webpage during crises.

ronpaulfollower999
10-23-2011, 07:18 AM
They do this already at a more local level, every time your tv goes out when the NWS issues a watch or warning. There is also a weekly test of the system too.

UtahApocalypse
10-23-2011, 07:23 AM
It will last 3 mins. Its just the EAS system your local weather system uses but being triggered by FEMA at a national level. This system WAS in place on 9/11 and never used. Short of Armageddon I doubt this will ever be used.

ZanZibar
10-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Hmmm... I wonder if that happens to be the same time of the Ron Paul ad blitz :-p

Nate-ForLiberty
10-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Wasn't there a movie about this? Everyone gets programmed and then there is a trigger. The people who get triggered turn into maniacal murdering zombies who kill those who weren't triggered. ?

I'm sure I saw that somewhere.

ZanZibar
10-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Killing the Internet was what helped to cause the Egyptian revolution recently. If they had not shut it off, people would've been less inclined to come out of their house because they had nothing to do.