PDA

View Full Version : A little about me

iakobos
10-22-2011, 09:44 AM
I turned 18 right before the 1988 elections and have voted in every election since. I held my nose and voted for Bush Sr, he was no Reagan. I voted for Dole too but he had no chance against Clinton. The last time I voted Republican in a Presidential race was 2000 for Jr. After that I just couldn't stomach him a second time and certainly not McCain last time. Since 2004 I vote Constitution Party and will do so again should RP not receive the nomination. I was for RP in the last Republican nomination cycle and of course this one too. I've also been stingy with my campaign contributions. Till this year I've never given to any candidate running for any political office. This time round I've been a regular contributor to RP's campaign.

In most things in life I'm rather optimistic. I have a good business, a great church and a great wife and family. However, I'm pessimistic about the future of our country. Ron Paul is the only candidate I believe in (and this time I've put my money where my mouth is) however, I'm not convinced enough of the country sees the truth yet to make the right (only) choice. I'm not here to drag anyone down but rather to seek an outlet with other like minded people and pray that our country comes to its senses and puts Paul into the office of the Presidency.

James

V3n
10-22-2011, 09:50 AM
You're in the right place! And your story is not so different than many of those of us here.

Welcome aboard!! If you have any questions just ask..

KCIndy
10-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Wow!

You sound like you'll fit right in here. Welcome to RPF, James! :D

iakobos
10-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks to both of you for the welcome.