PDA

View Full Version : Why All Of This Praise for Ron Out of Nowhere from establishment types?

chris41336
10-22-2011, 08:05 AM
First it was Limbaugh complementing our economic plan, then Palin and Rove both on Fox News saying , now Santorum even complemented our foreign policy. I mean SANTORUM COMPLEMENTING OUR FOREIGN POLICY!!??

I am excited to see all of this, but I sincerely think that something big is up. Maybe a big endorsement or someones internal polling is showing that Paul REALLY is doing well.

Or, more cynically, the repubs don't like this Nobody but Paul talk and are afraid that we may lose them the election, so are trying to woo us back over.

bluesc
10-22-2011, 08:06 AM
We will find out soon enough.

Ireland4Liberty
10-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Imagine if they finally saw Ron as the one. They feel the winds changing. I can dream.

TruckinMike
10-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Why All Of This Praise for Ron Out of Nowhere from establishment types?...Or, more cynically, the repubs don't like this Nobody but Paul talk and are afraid that we may lose them the election, so are trying to woo us back over.
Yes, they have finally realized their dilemma. Without the Ron Paul supporters they are doomed.

ShaneEnochs
10-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Yes, they have finally realized their dilemma. Without the Ron Paul supporters they are doomed.

Exactly. We are quite a large chunk of voters.

LawnWake
10-22-2011, 08:30 AM
And let's not forget Romney and Perry openly agreeing with Ron Paul and Bachmann and Google constantly nodding in debates while he's talking about the economy.

I actually think that Palin and Limbaugh just made it ok to respect Paul if you're a Republican, you know? 'Oh, the pole-bearers say it's fine to not hate him, then I'll come out and say it. And I think that his 1 trillion dollars cut impressed A LOT of people. It shows he's got balls.

lucent
10-22-2011, 08:31 AM
This is what you call political expediency.

sailingaway
10-22-2011, 08:31 AM
His budget. They like it. They want him to carry it so they don't get the flak, and it makes him clearly serious. Now they are saying 'they disagree' and even 'he is out, for me because I disagree' but they are listening to the budget.

Also, I think Santorum who has no money is noticing that people who like Ron donate. Just a hunch.

gaetano
10-22-2011, 08:33 AM
They dont want to make us angry and think that a few kind words will stop us from either bolting the GOP or just sitting at home on Election Day.

As for me....Im considering actually voting for the communist Obama. Screw the GOP...Let America crash and burn and Let the real revolution begin.

The Goat
10-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Rush said Pauls Economic plan was good. expect every one to praise it till Rush changes the narrative again. lol

Liberty74
10-22-2011, 08:35 AM
I was just thinking about all the positiveness that RP has been getting lately from all those people mentioned.

Why is RP getting such praise? Because RP IS THE REAL DEAL.

The time is right for a RP type person to become POTUS. They ALL know it too.

Now it's up to RP to make it happen with his campaign.

pacelli
10-22-2011, 08:36 AM
The GOP needs more people to vote the party line. Suck up to Paul now, draw in his supporters, let him become the candidate of the week sometime in mid-November, then pull out the newsletter attacks. That'll give them just about a month before Iowa to cover Romney 24/7.

The problem is that they aren't aware that RP supporters are diehards. Its either Paul or No One.

TheSecretBillionaire
10-22-2011, 08:37 AM
When Palin and Santorum praised Ron on Hannity, his response was "So what do you think of Herman Cain"... :toady:
Yep, both times.

JamesButabi
10-22-2011, 08:38 AM
I actually think that Palin and Limbaugh just made it ok to respect Paul if you're a Republican, you know? 'Oh, the pole-bearers say it's fine to not hate him, then I'll come out and say it. And I think that his 1 trillion dollars cut impressed A LOT of people. It shows he's got balls.

The plan kind of shat on their talking point of "hes not trying to win he just wants a podium". Hopefully next on the table is an articulated and thought out foreign policy plan. Hes got a ton of great minds to set forth something spectacular that the average American could understand and hop on board with.

Also the plan is the most MSM press Ron has received in a long time. Take note.

pacu44
10-22-2011, 08:40 AM
We will find out soon enough.

It is to counter the Black This Out. So if someone is not paying attention, who is now, will think Paul is whining...

Birdlady
10-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Reeling us in for something big probably. It's actually scaring me quite a bit...I'm not as optimistic as you guys. We have all seen what the media can do. They can destroy or build a candidacy overnight. :eek:

FreeTraveler
10-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Went to Google News this morning. RP was number 3 on the list of hot topics. Articles by MSNBC, CBS, Patch and a couple of local outlets about his appearance at the University. None of them used the words "unelectable," "fringe," "loon," or even "over-eager supporters." To the contrary, they all seemed quite respectful.

I feel like I've fallen down the rabbit hole. Or perhaps the rest of the world took a red pill with their Wheaties this morning.

I'm sure it won't last, but it sure is cool at the moment.

Maybe they've decided to give RP enough rope, and hope he hangs himself.

Ain't gonna happen. He'll tie them up with a pretty little bow.

S.Shorland
10-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Either the Euro or the Dollar are going to break before year end.It looks as though the Dollar could still go first,with Chinese help perhaps.

georgiaboy
10-22-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm at least glad to get some crumbs from these guys as I restrain myself from lambasting them for knowing all this previously yet not screaming it from every working microphone within eyesight.

Unfortunately for them, agreeing with Ron on certain things just won't cut the mustard. Endorse him, vote for him, or face 4 more years of Obama.

Because another McCain clone cum RINO big gov't republican will never ever get my vote this time or ever again. Figure it out, GOP, we don't need your talking heads any more to figure out who the best candidates are. You can't hide behind ear-tickling rhetoric when your record and past statements are so easily available, when your past jobs and crony alliances are within a keystroke of being revealed. The age of the decepticons is over.

For this particular election, for the GOP nomination, it bears repeating: No One But Paul.

No Free Beer
10-22-2011, 08:51 AM
I wish I was as optimistic as you. Sorry, the GOP would rather lose an election than have Ron Paul be its nominee.

V3n
10-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Foreign policy? We're basically getting kicked out of the Middle East and bringing the troops home - Obama and Biden fought to stay in, and when they couldn't, they tried to sell it as their idea to leave. Now Obama's getting congratulated by the establishment (and Rep Candidates) for his 'wise decision' to come home - but who's been saying "come home" all along? Ron Paul. So they have to say they agree with Ron Paul sometimes to subtract from Ron Paul's position that he's been the only one who's been saying to come home.

georgiaboy
Either the Euro or the Dollar are going to break before year end.It looks as though the Dollar could still go first,with Chinese help perhaps.

on the other hand, yes, this, or how bout this for a grand scenario? Give Ron Paul the White House in 2012, then pull the rug out from under the economy just as he's trying to fix it, leaving him and his small gov't policies to look like the ultimate bad guy, and sending the US and world into meltdown followed by martial law and tyranny like never before seen -- ultimate victory reached by the opposition.

This just means we've all got to be ready to do the the Lord's work of defending liberty and implementing voluntaryist liberty solutions in our local communities. Ron can give us the freedom, but ultimately it's what we then do with that freedom that counts.

Orgoonian
They are realizing that the public agrees with Paul on a lot of issues,so they will praise certain aspects of Paul's platform.
At the same time,they will attack his foreign policy as "dangerous"..Under a Paul plan,the entire Middle East will rise up,and devour our babies.
Meanwhile on our homefront,the entire population will be high on heroin,or visiting prostitutes,thus unable to repel the terr'ist attacks against us.

Fredom101
10-22-2011, 09:00 AM

Bingo! They need to covet Paul supporters or they lose.

This is all orchestrated, there are no coincidences in politics.

klamath
10-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Because he put forth a solid plan and quit talking in general philosophic terms. This is a really important point. Why is Cain doing well? He put out a plan.
Ron needs to put out a defence plan as well. I am convinced this is absolutely necessary to win the election. Show them how his defence would work.

sailingaway
10-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Because he put forth a solid plan and quit talking in general philosophic terms. This is a really important point. Why is Cain doing well? He put out a plan.
Ron needs to put out a defence plan as well. I am convinced this is absolutely necessary to win the election. Show them how his defence would work.

BUT CAIN'S PLAN SUCKS!!

That is what is so frightening about these candidates... even assuming they mean well and want to save the country.... they would be absolutely beholden to special interest think tanks because they can't tell a good plan from a bad one.

Sola_Fide
10-22-2011, 09:08 AM

Agree. Our 8-15+ percent is formidable. We aren't going anywhere else in the current GOP field.

klamath
10-22-2011, 09:08 AM
The plan kind of shat on their talking point of "hes not trying to win he just wants a podium". Hopefully next on the table is an articulated and thought out foreign policy plan. Hes got a ton of great minds to set forth something spectacular that the average American could understand and hop on board with.

Also the plan is the most MSM press Ron has received in a long time. Take note.
Right on. It is putting forth a plan. Cain went from nowhere to a front runner because of 999. Now RP needs to do this with defence. Quit talking philosophy and start talking nuts and bolts.

10-22-2011, 09:10 AM
My honest opinion after considering it for a few days. Rush, Hannity Rove Palin and all those types want to be on board the winning team. They see the rest of the field is on the verge of a meltdown of epic proportions after that last debate spectacle. So they are putting out feelers to see how we react. I think we should cautiously welcome them.

klamath
10-22-2011, 09:13 AM
BUT CAIN'S PLAN SUCKS!!

That is what is so frightening about these candidates... even assuming they mean well and want to save the country.... they would be absolutely beholden to special interest think tanks because they can't tell a good plan from a bad one.
Sure it sucks but it is a plan. It is something people can start working with. The same way with RP now. It is something people can start working with and comparing to other peoples plans. And that is why RP is starting to get positive coverage because they can see his plan it the best but for the lack of foreign policy plan alas they can't vote for him.

sailingaway
10-22-2011, 09:14 AM
My honest opinion after considering it for a few days. Rush, Hannity Rove Palin and all those types want to be on board the winning team. They see the rest of the field is on the verge of a meltdown of epic proportions after that last debate spectacle. So they are putting out feelers to see how we react. I think we should cautiously welcome them.

Agreed.

Sola_Fide
10-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Right on. It is putting forth a plan. Cain went from nowhere to a front runner because of 999. Now RP needs to do this with defence. Quit talking philosophy and start talking nuts and bolts.

Yes. A specific plan just like his specific 1T plan.

In the 1T plan, Ron told us what departments he would cut. In his defense plan, he needs to tell us what specific countries like Germany and Japan that we will no longer subsidize.

In the 1T plan, he told us how much money we would save. In his defense plan, he needs to tell us how much money we can save and what kind of an economic boost we get when soldiers spend their money in our country.

In the 1T plan, Ron said what he would keep in the federal budget and why he would keep it. In his defense plan, he needs to define what our mission is and what he will use our troops for.

10-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Agreed.

Yeah start out with small things like the campaign has been doing. Mentioning that they endorse the plan is great. Maybe all the grassroots could leave comments on articles thanking them for agreeing with the plan. These people are super conservative and well Romney isn't. If Romney drops to even with Ron in polls, they very well could hold their noses about foreign policy and endorse Ron.

Darin
10-22-2011, 09:24 AM
They build up a candidate in an instant, then destroy that candidate just as quickly. That way they can say they gave them a fair chance, while keeping their guy at the top. Notice how Romney has never (and will never) become a sudden media "sensation."

They haven't "seen the light!" or anything, that's not the way things really happen. If all the media has, at the same time, seen the light... you should be worried, not happy.

They did that with the other candidates... Perry, Bachmann, Cain. But this would be the worst time for Paul, not only because it results in the destruction of the candidate, but because the crash will be happening right before the major primaries.

We should be excited if it's a slow, steady, gradual rise. A little more discussion, a little more acceptance. If it's a media blitz and a sensationalist explosion, we should be worried.

So far it seems like a gradual half-acceptance of his budget proposal. "Eh, that's not too bad..." This is good. For now.

- Darin

georgiaboy
10-22-2011, 09:26 AM

Agree, as long as they understand on what terms our relationship is based. I happily allow them on my liferaft while their platform is burning.

nobp

Okie RP fan
10-22-2011, 09:26 AM
I am glad other people are noticing this.

I really think something is up. They may drop a bomb on us or they may have been impressed with his debate performance.

I personally think they are trying to keep us in their good graces.

The libertarian/Ron Paul vote is a large chunk and they are aware that it's Ron Paul or NO vote for us.

Kords21
10-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Maybe Dr. Paul really got their attention with the whole Reagan Iran-Contra reminder in the last debate. That was quite the cold water in the face for many republicans and the audience

wgadget
10-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Let's hope he has a positive Meet The Press interview tomorrow.

jct74
10-22-2011, 09:41 AM
3 different candidates giving Ron Paul respect on foreign policy in the past 3 days. interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUQbCbuin6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LyxmQQqmQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcgnnunHgVg

chris41336
10-22-2011, 09:42 AM
^^See, that concerns me. There is no way that all of a sudden they all love Ron Paul and want him to win...

I think They must see how powerful the grassroots are and want us on their side. They see our capabilities.

Okie RP fan
10-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Let's just wait and watch.

In the meantime, we can be using those "endorsements" to spread to our establishment friends and family before these media heads go back on everything.

10-22-2011, 09:47 AM
^^See, that concerns me. There is no way that all of a sudden they all love Ron Paul and want him to win...

I think They must see how powerful the grassroots are and want us on their side. They see our capabilities.

I agree. Let's use it to everyone's advantage. They want to be on board with a winner and we want to be winners. It can work.

RDM
10-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Is it possible some of us are calling them out on the carpet for not vetting candidates. I have been using this technique every everywhere I post and I call them out by name. I encourage everyone to start doing this. Because I believe the media has people reading forums and if they see the truth being exposed and people who read the forums start realizing the truth, it makes the media look bad. Here's what I've been posting when responding to questions on forums.

"I also wanted to add. If you're a Fox viewer, the last couple of years all you heard Hannity, O'Reilly and the others rant and rave about MSNBC, CBS, ABC etc, covering up Obama's past. Well guess what? Fox is guilty of it right now. All these candidates I mentioned Romney, Cain, Perry and Gingrich all have less than honorable pasts and some worst than others. Yet Fox is covering up their past just like the others did with Obama."

IterTemporis
10-22-2011, 10:07 AM
First it was Limbaugh complementing our economic plan, then Palin and Rove both on Fox News saying , now Santorum even complemented our foreign policy. I mean SANTORUM COMPLEMENTING OUR FOREIGN POLICY!!??

I am excited to see all of this, but I sincerely think that something big is up. Maybe a big endorsement or someones internal polling is showing that Paul REALLY is doing well.

Or, more cynically, the repubs don't like this Nobody but Paul talk and are afraid that we may lose them the election, so are trying to woo us back over.

...What? When was this? ...This cannot be true..

Okie RP fan
10-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Is it possible some of us are calling them out on the carpet for not vetting candidates. I have been using this technique every everywhere I post and I call them out by name. I encourage everyone to start doing this. Because I believe the media has people reading forums and if they see the truth being exposed and people who read the forums start realizing the truth, it makes the media look bad. Here's what I've been posting when responding to questions on forums.

"I also wanted to add. If you're a Fox viewer, the last couple of years all you heard Hannity, O'Reilly and the others rant and rave about MSNBC, CBS, ABC etc, covering up Obama's past. Well guess what? Fox is guilty of it right now. All these candidates I mentioned Romney, Cain, Perry and Gingrich all have less than honorable pasts and some worst than others. Yet Fox is covering up their past just like the others did with Obama."

Will do.

bluesc
10-22-2011, 10:09 AM
...What? When was this? ...This cannot be true..

See thread :) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325131-Santorum-half-praises-Ron-on-foreign-policy-on-The-Sean-Hannity-Show

NewRightLibertarian
10-22-2011, 10:10 AM
They have to praise him. He's become probably the most popular and well-respected politician in America.

klamath
10-22-2011, 10:11 AM

In the 1T plan, Ron told us what departments he would cut. In his defense plan, he needs to tell us what specific countries like Germany and Japan that we will no longer subsidize.

In the 1T plan, he told us how much money we would save. In his defense plan, he needs to tell us how much money we can save and what kind of an economic boost we get when soldiers spend their money in our country.

In the 1T plan, Ron said what he would keep in the federal budget and why he would keep it. In his defense plan, he needs to define what our mission is and what he will use our troops for.
Exactly.

S.Shorland
10-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Also: How do you steal a man's persona in public? SLOWLY.They already had to move to Paul from the last election.Now,they are going to slip fully into his skin like some type of parasite.Probably why they black him out:Easier to steal if people can't see the property boundary.

hauntedbaby
10-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I love how Hannity INSTANTLY slides off to Herman Cain in both instances

Patrick Henry
10-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Because the writing is on the wall. Unless drastic cuts are implemented, this country is finished.

rutgerscamdenYAL
10-22-2011, 10:19 AM
“First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.”

Are we reaching the final stage?

Liberty74
10-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Reeling us in for something big probably. It's actually scaring me quite a bit...I'm not as optimistic as you guys. We have all seen what the media can do. They can destroy or build a candidacy overnight. :eek:

Howard Dean :eek:

Brian4Liberty
10-22-2011, 10:26 AM
They want a piece of our moneybombs.

Okie RP fan
10-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Well, we can spitball all we want. Personally, they can't be trusted and we must be on guard. And, as stated before, we need to be using these "endorsements" while they are fresh and relevant. Send these videos out to family and friends still not sold on Ron Paul a.s.a.p.

seapilot
10-22-2011, 10:41 AM
“First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.”

Are we reaching the final stage?

That is what I would like to think. Yet another side reminds how the Tea Party was infiltrated by establishment republicans and now look what there is, Cain's pain of Tarp and Tax supporting tea party?? They want his plan, they know its good and they want to insert like a disc into Romneys or Cains head. Watch the king and joker of the Flip Flop start parroting RP plans.

rutgerscamdenYAL
10-22-2011, 10:44 AM
That is what I would like to think. Yet another side reminds how the Tea Party was infiltrated by establishment republicans and now look what there is, Cain Tarp and Tax supporting tea party?? They want his plan, they know its good and they want to insert like a disc into Romneys or Cains head. Watch the king and joker of the Flip Flop start parroting RP plans.

Very true, good point. Hopefully that's not happening or going to happen. I just think after Ron places in the top 2 in Iowa, it's going to turn some major heads and it could make this campaign that the media can't ignore.

10-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Very true, good point. Hopefully that's not happening or going to happen. I just think after Ron places in the top 2 in Iowa, it's going to turn some major heads and it could make this campaign that the media can't ignore.

Which is why it is imperative that Cain be dispensed with in the next few weeks. We can't let him do good in Iowa.

InTradePro
10-22-2011, 10:56 AM
The additional coverage(i.e here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325185-video-Fox-News-Panel-Discuss-Parts-Of-Ron-Paul-s-Budget-Plan)) by Fox so due to turmoil at the top of the structure (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?323697-Why-Rupert-Murdoch-needs-to-move-his-family-to-the-News-Corp-sidelines)

Maverick
10-22-2011, 11:00 AM
That is what I would like to think. Yet another side reminds how the Tea Party was infiltrated by establishment republicans and now look what there is, Cain's pain of Tarp and Tax supporting tea party?? They want his plan, they know its good and they want to insert like a disc into Romneys or Cains head. Watch the king and joker of the Flip Flop start parroting RP plans.

This.

This is what the establishment GOP wants to do. In their minds, they see it this way: they like Paul's economic plan, but they do not like Paul. They realize they need us, but we will only vote for Paul. So they think that after they get their establishment candidate nominated, they can just have him take as many planks of Paul's platform as possible, tell all of us "hey, we really liked Ron Paul - look at what we said back then, we liked his positions, but he didn't win - but our nominee has taken up his platform, it's just as good, you should vote for him."

Of course most of us know that, in this scenario, the nominee would never actually implement these "borrowed" plans if elected. But that's not important. What's important is the perception. And it might fool some people. It won't fool most of us, but it just might fool enough. And that's what they're banking on right now.

affa
10-22-2011, 11:14 AM
never, ever, trust the media.

never think they're on the side of the anti-establishment, for if you do, you will be sorely disappointed and burned. but at least next time, hopefully, you'll have learned to never, ever, trust the media.

LBennett76
10-22-2011, 11:18 AM
I was thinking it was because Cain was only supposed to be a flavor of the week candidate. Build him then tear him down. Except he's not being as easy to tear down as they liked. His misinformed supporters have become a bit diehard and defend every reprehensible thing he says or does or has said or done. He's sticking and he wasn't supposed to. O'Reilly even accused his people of spamming the polls along with us! So they have to have Perry with flat tax and build up Ron to try and get Cain out of the top spot he's not supposed to be in.
Just my thoughts on this.

10-22-2011, 11:21 AM
O'Reilly even accused his people of spamming the polls along with us!

They are poll spamming, I've seen it.

Akus
10-22-2011, 11:22 AM

I also think there is a cynic reason, but it is much more sinister then "realizing RP is right" or "realizing it's RP or bust". And I don't know what it is, but it's something very very evil.
Just my own paranoid conspiratorial mind I guess

nbhadja
10-22-2011, 11:34 AM
The Republicans are scared that if Ron Paul is not nominated that his support base will not support whoever the GOP candidate is, thus causing the democrats to win easily (which will happen if Ron Paul is not nominated).

But what is interesting is that the very top of both parties and the media work together for the same goal- they are praising Ron Paul now trying to get his supporters on the GOP establishment side, but in the end if it ever came down to Ron Paul vs Obama I can bet you that many of the Republican establishment mega-figures in the media would secretely support Obama and find a way to discretely trash Ron Paul.

Remember Rupert Murdoch himself even threw a fundraiser dinner for Hillary Clinton's campaign.

Don't get fooled, they are all on one side- the establishment side. The media, politicians, bankers, corporations are all connected and work together. If Hannity or whoever actually supported Ron Paul they would be instantly taken off of air. Don't be naive and empty minded and expect some establishment figure like Rush, Palin, Hannity to endorse Ron Paul. Their goal is to protect the establishment, it doesn't matter if they have to "cross" party lines.

Akus
10-22-2011, 11:41 AM
...Don't get fooled, they are all on one side- the establishment side. The media, politicians, bankers, corporations are all connected and work together. If Hannity or whoever actually supported Ron Paul they would be instantly taken off of air. Don't be naive and empty minded and expect some establishment figure like Rush, Palin, Hannity to endorse Ron Paul.....
never

RonPaulVolunteer
10-22-2011, 12:01 PM
It's all bout picking the winner, and reality is, Ron has the staying power that none of the others have. We're going to pull in a bunch of caucus states - they know this. We're going to win this boy and girls, we're going to win. Time to double down!

V3n
10-22-2011, 12:08 PM
It's all bout picking the winner, and reality is, Ron has the staying power that none of the others have. We're going to pull in a bunch of caucus states - they know this. We're going to win this boy and girls, we're going to win. Time to double down!

And when we do win they're all going to be fighting to be best friends with him - to get in the office for the private interviews, the first interviews, the one-on-ones. Maybe the BTO woke them up and they realized what tremendous douche-nozzles they've been and they'd better shape up if they want a seat in the press pool in 2012.

(/end optimism - still optimistic we WILL win - just not optimistic the media still won't pull every trick to prevent it)

Maybe they realized blacking him out was actually waking more people up. Earning 2.5mil on the single theme that Media SUckS, backed up with Pew research and other Universities research 'vindicating' his supporters is $2,500,000 worth of egg on their collective face.

CaptainAmerica
10-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't know what to think yet about the radio hosts and journalists who praise Paul since his economic plan was released.I'm sure the devil is in the fine print.

pacelli
10-22-2011, 12:16 PM

never think they're on the side of the anti-establishment, for if you do, you will be sorely disappointed and burned. but at least next time, hopefully, you'll have learned to never, ever, trust the media.

You got it.

10-22-2011, 12:38 PM

What you're missing is that we are becoming the establishment.

Carole
10-22-2011, 12:42 PM

Do not forget _omney at the debate. "Ron Paul is right"

Something is up :D :eek:

Travlyr
10-22-2011, 12:49 PM
This is so encouraging to me! :)

While I'm fully convinced that the media is controlled, some journalists, reporters, and talking heads are waking up to the fact that they will look really dumb in 2012 if they do not recognize the Ron Paul led r3VOLution in front of their eyes. Nobody wants to be played for a fool. I expect accelerated exodus of the status quo media players toward truth, honesty, and understanding.

I can hope. ;)

moreliberty
10-22-2011, 12:49 PM
They all see the power that Paul and his supporters have. This is a typical election trick to move in the direction of what is popular. It simply means that we are gaining ground. Full steam ahead!!

Carole
10-22-2011, 12:50 PM
They dont want to make us angry and think that a few kind words will stop us from either bolting the GOP or just sitting at home on Election Day.

As for me....Im considering actually voting for the communist Obama. Screw the GOP...Let America crash and burn and Let the real revolution begin.

IF RP is not the nominee, then just write in Paul. Result will still be the same, but at least you won't have wasted your vote. :D

moreliberty
10-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Sometimes I wonder if they think they can pull supporters from Dr. Paul. LOL. mostly likely though, they are trying to grab the ones who on the fence about Paul. Hope these people do at least a little homework.

Carole
10-22-2011, 12:56 PM

Too many countries to name. :D

Spending money in America to buy prooducts, but they will likely all be made in China. :D

Our mission is to refrain from killing people in other countries. :D And mind our own damn business, of course. :D

ctiger2
10-22-2011, 01:16 PM

The worlds reserve currency isn't gonna go first.

Carole
10-22-2011, 01:22 PM
They build up a candidate in an instant, then destroy that candidate just as quickly. That way they can say they gave them a fair chance, while keeping their guy at the top. Notice how Romney has never (and will never) become a sudden media "sensation."

They haven't "seen the light!" or anything, that's not the way things really happen. If all the media has, at the same time, seen the light... you should be worried, not happy.

They did that with the other candidates... Perry, Bachmann, Cain. But this would be the worst time for Paul, not only because it results in the destruction of the candidate, but because the crash will be happening right before the major primaries.

We should be excited if it's a slow, steady, gradual rise. A little more discussion, a little more acceptance. If it's a media blitz and a sensationalist explosion, we should be worried.

So far it seems like a gradual half-acceptance of his budget proposal. "Eh, that's not too bad..." This is good. For now.

- Darin

^This

We will not rely on the media. They are dishonest. We must rely upon our own selves and the gradual build toward the primaries as first one then another candidate is pushed forward only to burn out and go down in flames.

Do not be concerned about the media. Just keep on keeping on. :)

Do not be conerned about polls. They are rigged. :)

Penn and Teller Defend Ron Paul vs. Luntz and Fox News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4

4409 ( BUSTED ) Proof the polls are rigged!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqmQ7D8DXps

Screen shots of a RIGGED GOP Poll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDWE1GaooIw

Ron Paul Rigged Poll - Post Debate - Not AGAIN! NBC must think we're IDIOTS (RECUT)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0o7WPetVZ8

Poll Rigged? Clinton Gives Donor List To CNN Polling Company
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSvK9fj9ruQ

wowrevolution
10-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Think carefully what the establishment has done to each of the candidates. They are going through the cycle of "puffing" up each candidate. This is much like a Boom being produced by the Fed and so they are trying to engineer the booms & the busts of the candidate. They are attempting to create a "Ron Paul bubble" which they seek to burst.

We need to be very careful here that we seize this and avoid the bust. We've got a strong foundation of nationwide support. Let us build our house out of bricks so we don't end up like the other candidates who have their houses built out of straw and being blown down.

Karsten
10-22-2011, 01:45 PM
IF RP is not the nominee, then just write in Paul. Result will still be the same, but at least you won't have wasted your vote. :D

The result won't be the same. Paul can beat Obama if he has the Republican nomination.

idiom
10-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Giving mentions of 'RP is not so bad' at about once per day is not puffing a candidate up. It feels that way because we are so starved of attention. It looks a lot more like they are hedging their bets and RP now needs to be hedged on.

The other possibility if they have cottoned on to how much a lot of RP supporters would vote for RP-but-not-RP. Like Gary Johnson or Herman Cain. As soon as someone floats up who is barely passable half this forum is eager to abandon ship because it is hard sticking with at the unpopular kids table.

Carole
10-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Maybe they realized blacking him out was actually waking more people up. Earning 2.5mil on the single theme that Media SUckS, backed up with Pew research and other Universities research 'vindicating' his supporters is $2,500,000 worth of egg on their collective face.

I like it. :D :rolleyes:

Carole
10-22-2011, 01:58 PM
While I'm fully convinced that the media is controlled, some journalists, reporters, and talking heads are waking up to the fact that they will look really dumb in 2012 if they do not recognize the Ron Paul led r3VOLution in front of their eyes. Nobody wants to be played for a fool. I expect accelerated exodus of the status quo media players toward truth, honesty, and understanding.
I can hope. ;)

Sigh... That is not going to happen. :)

pauladin
10-22-2011, 01:59 PM
i think they are realizing that it is no longer fashionable to hate on paul. paul is popular and at this point, if you trash him you're just alienating a potential market.

dolphin
10-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Ron Paul Shaping 2012 GOP Race
By Philip Elliott, Associated Press
15 August 11

Lets not forget this. It did somehow slip down the memory hole.

Nothing gets past the Rothchild owned AP Gatekeepers unless someone on high takes Ron Paul seriously.
http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/7037-ron-paul-shaping-2012-gop-race
(http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/7037-ron-paul-shaping-2012-gop-race)
Nothing they could do was able to stop Ron Pauls momentum and strength.

No matter how much they wish it were otherwise he does represent the opportunity for making the Republicans the dominant party.

Maybe they have been testing his mettle because they were concerned about his age.

Now that they see he can stand the fire perhaps they will get behind him.

TER
10-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Which side is more afraid of a RP third party run if he does not win the nomination?

Carole
10-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Think carefully what the establishment has done to each of the candidates. They are going through the cycle of "puffing" up each candidate. This is much like a Boom being produced by the Fed and so they are trying to engineer the booms & the busts of the candidate. They are attempting to create a "Ron Paul bubble" which they seek to burst.

We need to be very careful here that we seize this and avoid the bust. We've got a strong foundation of nationwide support. Let us build our house out of bricks so we don't end up like the other candidates who have their houses built out of straw and being blown down.

Well said WowRev.

Naraku
10-22-2011, 03:26 PM
I think Palin should not be discounted as a potential ally. Remember that she endorsed Rand in the primary for the Senate nomination. She is not anathema to the establishment the way Ron Paul is but she is also too independent for their liking. One reason they may have been pushing so hard for her to jump into the race is to get her to take away votes from Paul as various polls showed that she would consistently take away some of the new supporters. If we show signs in the official polls of potentially being able to win in Iowa and/or New Hampshire I would not be surprised if Palin was one of the first major endorsements.

However, beyond that yes the media does seem to be allowing a little more Paul coverage to seep through, but I don't think that means much. More and more support and acceptance is building up while all the other candidates are showing signs of crashing and burning so they have to compromise the blackout a little. Gingrich and Romney might be able to stick through this, but I am not convinced about the others. Should Cain collapse look for them to push a Gingrich comeback.

My opinion is that this shuffling of various candidates is about making sure that someone other than Ron Paul is toutable as the main contender to Romney, who seems to be the favorite.

In a way I think a Gingrich comeback would be the most ideal scenario during a primary cycle. What would be great is if we could have a win in Iowa with Gingrich in second, Cain in third, and Romney in fourth. That sort of scenario could create the necessary foundation for a Paul victory in the race for the nomination by eliminating the Romney campaign as a threat. No doubt the media will try hard to keep Paul from winning, but rallying people behind Gingrich will be more difficult in my opinion.

overcastpatriot
10-22-2011, 04:02 PM
They want his plan, they know its good and they want to insert like a disc into Romneys or Cains head. Watch the king and joker of the Flip Flop start parroting RP plans.

That sounds about it. I can imagine Romney speaking: "Ron Paul had some good ideas, but he's too far from mainstream to ever beat President Obama. For instance, in my plan, only 4 cabinet-level departments would be eliminated."

milo10
10-22-2011, 04:37 PM
I think Palin should not be discounted as a potential ally. Remember that she endorsed Rand in the primary for the Senate nomination. She is not anathema to the establishment the way Ron Paul is but she is also too independent for their liking. One reason they may have been pushing so hard for her to jump into the race is to get her to take away votes from Paul as various polls showed that she would consistently take away some of the new supporters. If we show signs in the official polls of potentially being able to win in Iowa and/or New Hampshire I would not be surprised if Palin was one of the first major endorsements.

Outstanding post! And yes, I think Palin would endorse Ron if there was a clear sign of him winning, and likely if he won Iowa.

However, beyond that yes the media does seem to be allowing a little more Paul coverage to seep through, but I don't think that means much. More and more support and acceptance is building up while all the other candidates are showing signs of crashing and burning so they have to compromise the blackout a little. Gingrich and Romney might be able to stick through this, but I am not convinced about the others. Should Cain collapse look for them to push a Gingrich comeback.

My opinion is that this shuffling of various candidates is about making sure that someone other than Ron Paul is toutable as the main contender to Romney, who seems to be the favorite.

In a way I think a Gingrich comeback would be the most ideal scenario during a primary cycle. What would be great is if we could have a win in Iowa with Gingrich in second, Cain in third, and Romney in fourth. That sort of scenario could create the necessary foundation for a Paul victory in the race for the nomination by eliminating the Romney campaign as a threat. No doubt the media will try hard to keep Paul from winning, but rallying people behind Gingrich will be more difficult in my opinion.

It's funny, as much as I tend to think that Romney is the real threat, this is absolutely not the historical moment when you would expect a bland/moderate Republican to get the nomination. We are more akin to the troubled era that saw Reagan get the nomination in 80 or George McGovern get the Democratic nod in 72.

How many people will actually go to the effort of voting for Romney?

10-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Outstanding post! And yes, I think Palin would endorse Ron if there was a clear sign of him winning, and likely if he won Iowa.

It's funny, as much as I tend to think that Romney is the real threat, this is absolutely not the historical moment when you would expect a bland/moderate Republican to get the nomination. We are more akin to the troubled era that saw Reagan get the nomination in 80 or George McGovern get the Democratic nod in 72.

How many people will actually go to the effort of voting for Romney?

Or Goldwater, well without getting thrown under the bus and losing the general.

jkob
10-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Well, I think a big part of it is that Ron's issues have dominated the discussion. The GOP has definitely moved in our direction, at least superficially, in the last 3-4 years.

Not wanting to piss off the 10% or so of the Republican base probably has a something to do with it too.

Thurifer
10-22-2011, 05:55 PM
This thread has some insightful thoughts. Let's see what happens this week in the news.

bolidew
10-22-2011, 06:02 PM

Maybe they don't want us to have another "Black THIS Out" ? ha.

itsnobody
10-22-2011, 06:20 PM
With all the new support from GOP candidates it's obvious that the economy is Ron Paul's strong point and it's Ron Paul's time to win...

Even Rick Santorum can see that Ron Paul is highly experienced

Tod
10-22-2011, 06:30 PM
At the Swing State Straw Poll today, the mc was emphasizing that we need to defeat Obama no matter WHO would replace him.

I think we really need to keep emphasizing "No one but Paul!"

centure7
10-22-2011, 07:02 PM
It came from a genuine impressive view of Paul's economic plan. I've got to say I'm very happy with it. Ron Paul's campaign team saw what 9-9-9 did to Cain's campaign, and now he did the same thing. And, he's getting similar results! America is demanding a real plan this time around... not pillowy crap and hot air spewed out by the likes of Romney! Even MSM zombies are sick of the fancy boxes politicians show us with nothing inside whatsoever. Cain was a tiny bit specific and was rewarded. Ron Paul is more specific even than that and also rewarded. Talk is not enough... a plan is required to gain widespread support for 2012 and thats exactly why Ron Paul could actually win this election.

pochy1776
10-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Actually, Rick Sanitarium only liked praised his stance on libya. And this is all a plot for him to lose or turn neo con.