PDA

View Full Version : Video for 11.11.11 Money Bomb

MrAustin
10-22-2011, 12:37 AM
I can edit the wording for whatever the "Official" name ends up being. This was the tone I was thinking we ought to take though. I will support and promote the money bomb any way I can regardless of the final consensus. Maybe it is better to do both and reach each demographic through different variations of the theme. Thoughts and feedback on the video are welcome. I just wanted to try to help get the ball rolling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igs7g5XjFkQ

realtonygoodwin
10-22-2011, 12:57 AM
My wife teared up at this. Beautiful!

A couple suggestions though.

1. At 00:13, received is spelled incorrectly.
2. At 00:27, maybe have "Support" fade into Listen (crossfade or dissolve?)...the quick cut is jarring and seems out of place.
3. When talking about the donations from military, could you pan across a graph or chart showing that perhaps?
5. Not sure if presidential should be capitalized when talking about the President of the US or not.
5. The only candidate to walk a mile in their shoes? Not sure what exactly is being said, but Rick Perry is also a veteran, so...
6. Would it be possible to trim this down to two 60 or 90 second spots? Could target two different, overlapping audiences that way.

Again, beautiful work!

MrAustin
10-22-2011, 01:07 AM
My wife teared up at this. Beautiful!

A couple suggestions though.

1. At 00:13, received is spelled incorrectly.
2. At 00:27, maybe have "Support" fade into Listen (crossfade or dissolve?)...the quick cut is jarring and seems out of place.
3. When talking about the donations from military, could you pan across a graph or chart showing that perhaps?
5. Not sure if presidential should be capitalized when talking about the President of the US or not.
5. The only candidate to walk a mile in their shoes? Not sure what exactly is being said, but Rick Perry is also a veteran, so...
6. Would it be possible to trim this down to two 60 or 90 second spots? Could target two different, overlapping audiences that way.

Again, beautiful work!

Thank you for the feedback - very helpful. Didn't know about Perry being a vet, oops! Better fix that! (That's what I was referring to - that Paul was a veteran). I could probably split it into two shorter spots... Might be more effective (less is more). I considered adding a graph originally, but I think it would take away from the flow and the simplicity of it - I'll see if I can figure out a good way to fit it in though - I agree it could be helpful. I'll wait to see if there is any more feedback before I proceed so I can make changes all at once.

Chainspell
10-22-2011, 01:21 AM
calling voice over talents out there!! show yourselves hehe. we really could use voice overs in our videos :D even just people who sound good... haha

anyway +rep to you good sir for taking initiative and not waiting! the beginning of the video could use a little... umph to grab attention and say "hey stick with this journey that you're about to see, it's gonna be fun and interesting"

maybe some fun fact in the beginning about how many soldiers we have stationed out there "750,000 soldiers stationed worldwide" (haha don't copy that i think my wording sucks, but something like that) "900 bases worldwide"

good luck!!

lucent
10-22-2011, 01:38 AM
You could just label it 'Support Our Troops, Bring Them Home.'

We really need to get a website.

calling voice over talents out there!! show yourselves hehe. we really could use voice overs in our videos :D even just people who sound good... haha

We definitely need a voice actor.

realtonygoodwin
10-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you for the feedback - very helpful. Didn't know about Perry being a vet, oops! Better fix that! (That's what I was referring to - that Paul was a veteran). I could probably split it into two shorter spots... Might be more effective (less is more). I considered adding a graph originally, but I think it would take away from the flow and the simplicity of it - I'll see if I can figure out a good way to fit it in though - I agree it could be helpful. I'll wait to see if there is any more feedback before I proceed so I can make changes all at once.

You could show all the candidates in ascending order on a bar graph (including Obama), panning from left to right. Then when you get to Ron Paul, you have to zoom out very far, or tilt up.
For more ideas on doing dynamic graphs and stuff, check out the ending credits on the Will Ferrell movie The Other Guys.

Johnnymac
10-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Yea Ron Paul and Perry were both in the military Ron served Three Years and came out as a captain and perry served 5 and also was a captain.

realtonygoodwin
10-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Any update to the video? I want to start spreading it around...

speciallyblend
10-27-2011, 12:16 AM

anyway +rep to you good sir for taking initiative and not waiting! the beginning of the video could use a little... umph to grab attention and say "hey stick with this journey that you're about to see, it's gonna be fun and interesting"

maybe some fun fact in the beginning about how many soldiers we have stationed out there "750,000 soldiers stationed worldwide" (haha don't copy that i think my wording sucks, but something like that) "900 bases worldwide"

good luck!!

i have been told i have a good deep voice dj kbk. I would be willing to record whatever you want and in whatever tone. I can give it a try if you like;) i can record thru fruityloops,serato live and adjust anything!

Chainspell
10-27-2011, 02:12 AM
try recording audio for the text that comes up on this one. we can start there :)

speciallyblend
10-27-2011, 07:05 AM
try recording audio for the text that comes up on this one. we can start there :)

ok i should have something for you by noon tomorrow.

89five.o
10-27-2011, 07:16 AM
I noticed at one point it says "fund raiser," as opposed to "fundraiser." I would combine it as it's one word.
I like the video though!

speciallyblend
10-27-2011, 07:30 AM
I noticed at one point it says "fund raiser," as opposed to "fundraiser." I would combine it as it's one word.
I like the video though!

text at the end seems jumpy to but overall i love the direction of this video;)