PDA

View Full Version : Living Room Talk, Now. :D

Okie RP fan
10-21-2011, 08:29 PM
In other words, time for serious discussion.

I'm new here, and I don't want to come off in any sort of way, but I've probably been campaigning for Dr. Ron Paul for as long as some of you.

That being said, I feel we are headed for a brick wall after this BTO money bomb. We did so much to promote it and spread the word, but, let's be honest, while it was a huge success, it isn't what most of us were expecting. We aren't even to $2.7 million yet and we're nearing the end of the third day. Big accomplishment, but still, not what a lot of us were hoping for. And we are tired.

The point of this thread is that we need to start figuring out a direction that we as a collective group can start heading in. We've seen plenty of polls and articles the past couple days, and I think it's time that we start hitting Iowa and New Hampshire with all we have. Primaries and caucuses will be here before we know it, especially with the holiday season coming. It's time we start doing what we can in Iowa and other early states. We've been doing all we really can over the Internet and among family and friends, and, by all means, we must continue winning them over at all costs. But, it's time we start concentrating our force into specific areas before it is too late.

I hope everyone knows where I am coming from. I just don't want us to lose track after this money bomb, I know it tired a lot of people out.

We must keep pushing. Now we need to start saving up and preparing for the next moneybomb and those of us who are in the early states will have to pick up the slack where those of us who aren't, can't.

Let's keep pressing and widening our base. That's what we have to focus on soon, in my opinion.

Thanks for reading.

Thoughts? Discuss.

lucent
10-21-2011, 08:33 PM
There's already grassroots boots on the ground in Iowa and New Hampshire. It's their job and the campaign's to widen the base. Moneybombs aren't to widen the base. It is to tap the base for support and fundraising. The campaign needs money to continue to widen the base. Without fundraising, the whole thing ends.

Okie RP fan
10-21-2011, 08:43 PM
That's great that people are there. And I am aware of the purpose of money bombs. I was just making the point that after reading some posts on here the past couple days, BTO really took a lot of time, which isn't a good nor bad thing. It was pretty much a success.

I just don't want the rest of us losing track or losing confidence.

Now is the time to start hitting hard.

eleganz
10-21-2011, 08:45 PM
KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE AND NEVER GIVE UP.

We're here to win and the only way to do that is just to keep pushing, campaigning, sign bombing, tabling, canvassing and don't give up until your state primaries are up.

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 08:45 PM
We were planning a 'register for phone from home' bomb followed by phone from home bombs in some form.

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 08:46 PM
That's great that people are there. And I am aware of the purpose of money bombs. I was just making the point that after reading some posts on here the past couple days, BTO really took a lot of time, which isn't a good nor bad thing. It was pretty much a success.

I just don't want the rest of us losing track or losing confidence.

Now is the time to start hitting hard.

No one here is going to give up after one money bomb....

Okie RP fan
10-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Without starting another thread, here is a response to one of my comments on Fox Nation about Ron Paul:

"Ron Paul (R-TX) has repeatedly proven he is the gadfly of this Republican primary ... And he's repeatedly proven he has lacks even a basic knowledge of economics much less basic constitutional law."

I don't even know how to respond... I can't tell if this person is joking, serious...

eleganz
10-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Without starting another thread, here is a response to one of my comments on Fox Nation about Ron Paul:

"Ron Paul (R-TX) has repeatedly proven he is the gadfly of this Republican primary ... And he's repeatedly proven he has lacks even a basic knowledge of economics much less basic constitutional law."

I don't even know how to respond... I can't tell if this person is joking, serious...

Don't even bother with him, he hasn't read the constitution yet and he is challenging the knowledge of a man that can cite it.

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Don't even bother with him, he hasn't read the constitution yet and he is challenging the knowledge of a man that can cite it.

this, there are those who just don't like Ron and lash out. The ones who actually have questions are easier to address. you'll never win over the haters.

lucent
10-21-2011, 09:18 PM
I made a thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?324621-Planning-November-11th) on how to expand our outreach to Ron Paul supporters for the next moneybomb.

Okie RP fan
10-21-2011, 09:21 PM
this, there are those who just don't like Ron and lash out. The ones who actually have questions are easier to address. you'll never win over the haters.

That is what I have come to learn the hard way.

I made a thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?324621-Planning-November-11th) on how to expand our outreach to Ron Paul supporters for the next moneybomb.

Alright, thanks!