PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain What happened in Nevada?

Tod
10-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Why did Paul do so poorly?

thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/189171-cain-wins-straw-poll-in-nevada

bluesc
10-21-2011, 07:26 PM
I never heard about it. That might have something to do with it.

PeacePlan
10-21-2011, 07:28 PM
That sucks - I thought we were doing so well there?

ONUV
10-21-2011, 07:44 PM
gag me with a spoon

kah13176
10-21-2011, 07:50 PM
How did we not hear about this at all??

tsai3904
10-21-2011, 08:04 PM
This was part of the Western Rpublican Leadership Conference that included the debate on Tuesday. Tickets were over $200 and all the elected officials of Nevada and other western states were there. These were mostly establishment people voting.

Feelgood
10-21-2011, 08:06 PM
I was just about to post this link, as it is a leading story on Drudge atm.

Even though it was an establishment vote, it is being touted as another big win for the Hermanator.

Aratus
10-21-2011, 08:06 PM
We did not even have a thread announcing this poll in the Nevada Forum area here.
I was focused on Ohio's Swingstate straw poll which is tomorrow, and the campaign
had focused on the VV Summit straw poll. the 3 main contenders were Cain, Romney
and Gingrich in this event today. I am hoping we do better tomorrow. Mitt Romney's
best showing that mattered is when he took the Mackinac Island straw poll by 51% as
Herman Cain did very well in Orlando. Since the M.I poll i have learned Mitt Romney
had lived on Mackinac Island in his younger days and the island was a trading post
that was mentioned in the Royal Proclamation of 1763. I am not trying to carp or be
too critical, given that the campaign has done brilliantly, but like Michigan, we could
have improved things by more of an effort. The saving grace of Nevada is that dear
ole Rick Perry is not top three or top four. We need to be at least top three i feel!!!

Aratus
10-21-2011, 08:13 PM
In terms of Mitt Romney, and straw polls, he did not WIN the NHYR straw poll which
was right after Ames. When Ron Paul had a clear and open victory up in N.H over the
rest of the field, I actually communicated my delight and surprise to quite a few people
in Georgia. We all as a grassroots organized, things came together, and Herman Cain's
three busses gave him a three vote victory. He has been solid all along. Nevada gave
perhaps 1/2 the votes almost in this poll to either Georgian? Gov. Mitt has organized.

Aratus
10-21-2011, 08:15 PM
we needed to be more than single digits and luckily for us, perry and bachman are single digits.

r3volution
10-21-2011, 08:16 PM
blah , if people want to wast 200 on cain who has no chance winning that state i say let them . that state is between romney and Paul . also it got no media coverage so it is not a loss 4 us .
cain popularity is going down the tubes because the media that proped him up for no reason is now going to turn on him , just like bachman and perry . its so predictible , ill bet newt is next .

Aratus
10-21-2011, 08:19 PM
i'm bumping swingstate straw poll threads the way i did the georgia threads. we might have been top 3 in today's nevada poll. we may do quite well tomorrow.

angelatc
10-21-2011, 09:09 PM
I really would like people to get pictures and video of the other candidates busing in their voters.