PDA

View Full Version : The 5th is not over! Don't exclude other time zones. Their votes matter too!

Pete Kay
11-05-2007, 11:07 PM
On the East coast the 5th has just ended, but on the West coast there is still 3 hours to go. Last night, many on this forum told others to not donate until 12AM hit in their time zone so that their contributions would count for the November 5th drive. Using that same logic we have to count all donations made on the 5th in their respective time zone as part of the same drive. It's only fair. We are voting with our dollars here. Don't exclude the votes of others who want to be part of this historic day.

Austin
11-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Can anyone confirm that FEC counts donations based on the donors timezone?

guynamedjohn
11-05-2007, 11:08 PM
On the East coast the 5th has just ended, but on the West coast their is still 3 hours to go. Last night, many on this forum told others to not donate until 12AM hit in their time zone so that their contributions would count for the November 5th drive. Using that same logic we have to count all donations made on the 5th in their respective time zone as part of the same drive. It's only fair. We are voting with our dollars here. Don't exclude the votes of others who want to be part of this historic day.

amen to that. I waited until after midnite.

RonPaulCentral
11-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Can anyone confirm that FEC counts donations based on the donors timezone?

Time zone of the donor.

slantedview
11-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Time zone of the donor.

:)

Pete Kay
11-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Time zone of the donor.

Yes! This would only make sense. I can't believe so many are calling it a day. The day is not over yet. Some of Ron Paul's biggest base of support comes from out West. Let's not forget Alaska and Hawaii either.

Richandler
11-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Who cares if it is officially counted. There is no reason we can't draw up a second surge for the west coast!!!!

FireofLiberty
11-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Keep donating non-EST people! November 5th is not over for you!

jdmac44
11-05-2007, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't have started giving until it was midnight of the day MY time, so it doesn't END until it's midnight MY time. ;)

That's how it works for taxes right? Deadline is midnight on the 15th in your time zone, not anyone else's.

We're gonna break 5 MIL!!!

Imagine that. 5 Mil in one quarter...5Mil in ONE DAY!!!!

Pete Kay
11-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Who cares if it is officially counted. There is no reason we can't draw up a second surge for the west coast!!!!

I care. If another million comes in before 12AM Western time, then that makes a bigger news story. Don't forget why we did this. For media attention. Money talks. The more money, the louder the voice.

huchahucha
11-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Who cares? Are the donation police going to come arrest us if we refuse to quit donating? We can drag this out until 31 December if we want.

Birdlady
11-05-2007, 11:17 PM
I agree. Everyone keep going. I am in EST so I am out of the race now.

rp0x
11-05-2007, 11:18 PM
In which case, the numbers that you see are not accurate.. It doesn't exclude any West coast contributions made before midnight last night.

Pete Kay
11-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Who cares? Are the donation police going to come arrest us if we refuse to quit donating? We can drag this out until 31 December if we want.

LOL! That's not my point. The point is that there will be a press release by the Paul campaign and the more money raised, the better. Many on this forum were counting down the minutes - on the East Coast. That's pretty discouraging to those on the West Coast. The 5th ends when the day ends - your time. Don't throw in the towel yet people.

conner_condor
11-05-2007, 11:21 PM
In which case, the numbers that you see are not accurate.. It doesn't exclude any West coast contributions made before midnight last night.

How can you say that?If I was in Cali on vacation I would go by their time zone and use my home address in the east..How many people might be on vaction here in the east from the west?

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Yes, by all means keep donating.

The only real issue if there's a way to 'show' that it's part of November 5th and if the media will cover it 'X.X million in 24 hours'.

All the same, keep those numbers climbing.

A Ron Paul Rebel

Pete Kay
11-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Look at the recent donors on the meter. Almost all from the West Coast and the money is still pouring in. Many names from the Midwest are popping up too. We can make it to 8 million before the 5th is over!

Matt Collins
11-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Bump