PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: 'I Was Tempted To Walk Off' Republican Debate

Xelaetaks
10-21-2011, 04:44 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/21/ron-paul-republican-debate_n_1025937.html

10-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Did anyone see the Maddow clip where she compares it to reality tv? I know everyone here probably dislikes her, but it's actually funny, she made fun of all of them except Ron who she gave a shout out as awewsome.

flightlesskiwi
10-21-2011, 04:51 PM
"These TV shows where they beat up on each other, I think that's what the people like...They enjoy this. They think it's a game they're playing," he said.

Addressing the way in which the situation unfolded he asserted, "I thought it was disgusting."

Ron Paul: Gentleman and Statesman.

Czolgosz
10-21-2011, 04:52 PM
It seems like plenty of time wasted that could have been used for RP's final answer.

bluesc
10-21-2011, 04:53 PM
He should call them out at the debate for some cheap cheers like Newt does. I can't blame him. The destruction of a currency and all they can talk about is illegals mowing a lawn. Fucking pathetic.

JTforRP
10-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Wow! Ron dropping the gloves! And he's so right it isn't even funny!

lucent
10-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Drudged.

10-21-2011, 04:59 PM
The more they all bicker the better Ron looks.

Lovecraftian4Paul
10-21-2011, 05:01 PM
I give Ron Paul serious credit for keeping it together during these debates. I couldn't do it. I would walk off, or end up banging my fists on the podium like a madman.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2011, 05:02 PM
He should have.

It could have been his "I paid for this microphone" moment.

AlexG
10-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Wow, I've never heard him use the language like that. Ron must be fired up!

AdamT
10-21-2011, 05:05 PM
I remember at one time during the debate you could see him staring straight ahead looking annoyed as hell.

growburn13
10-21-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2_49TycdE

Czolgosz
10-21-2011, 05:08 PM
He would have been better off telling Anderson to real it in...but hindsight being what it is. :D

Johnny Appleseed
10-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I feel a bit ashamed because part of me wanted to see Perry nail Romney when he put his hand on his shoulder

dbill27
10-21-2011, 05:16 PM
If Ron had made a statement about the immaturity of the debate in such a serious time and walked off it would have dominated the news cycle and I think it would have gained him some votes. I think he should do it next time a debate goes like that.

10-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I feel a bit ashamed because part of me wanted to see Perry nail Romney when he put his hand on his shoulder

Give it a few more debates. You might get your wish.

heavenlyboy34
10-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Ron Paul: Gentleman and Statesman.
+1 He definitely has a helluva lot more patience for bullshit than I do! :cool:

GeorgiaAvenger
10-21-2011, 05:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2_49TycdE

Damn he stuck it to him

nbhadja
10-21-2011, 05:21 PM
This is why I wish Ron Paul were more aggressive. If he really wanted to get a chance to talk at the end he should have interrupted Perry and Romney when they kept slapping each other with 30 second tag backs.

Johnnybags
10-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Problem is Ron should walk off the in the LAST DEBATE at halftime and when they interview him say his is running under a new party. You people actually believe that Goldman Sachs, JPM, MS etc who always seed money thier picks and control the media will let Paul win the nomination? I told you it is Romneys and has been Romneys since day 1. All of this scripted play is for manipulating your thought process and means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Romney has already been picked and is the nominee barring unforseen events( getting head from hooker) in which case Perry is the backup plan. Ron should bolt at the opportune time and call it all for what it is, a marionette show and you are the puppets.

R3volutionJedi
10-21-2011, 05:23 PM
If Ron had made a statement about the immaturity of the debate in such a serious time and walked off it would have dominated the news cycle and I think it would have gained him some votes. I think he should do it next time a debate goes like that.

Yeah!

Kords21
10-21-2011, 05:23 PM
If this type of immaturity happens at future debates, Ron needs to slap the podium to get the attention, the launch into a triade about how Romney is all about obamacare, Perry is all about the Dream act, Bachman and Santorum wants more wars like Obama and Gingrich is for carbon taxes like obama and that it seems to him that in one form or another, the Obama administration would just continue with everyone except myself and if this is just going to be a childish disply of such a serious election, I'm doen with this debate and going to a rally of my supporters who want a real change of course in this country. Then walk off stage with head held high.

musicmax
10-21-2011, 05:24 PM
He should have put on the black sunglasses, and then when Cooper asked him why, gone into a BTO pitch that while CNN is letting those two monkeys grope eachother, RP's patriots are raising another $2 million.

PierzStyx
10-21-2011, 05:27 PM

Me too. Though I don't feel ashamed about it. It'd be perfect. It'd kill their poll numbers and suddenly the race would be Cain vs Paul!

Rudeman
10-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Trying to get the debate back to the serious issues instead of walking off probably would have a better impact. It'd embarrass Romney/Perry and would show that Ron Paul had the leadership to get things back into control.

RDM
10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Problem is Ron should walk off the in the LAST DEBATE at halftime and when they interview him say his is running under a new party. You people actually believe that Goldman Sachs, JPM, MS etc who always seed money thier picks and control the media will let Paul win the nomination? I told you it is Romneys and has been Romneys since day 1. All of this scripted play is for manipulating your thought process and means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Romney has already been picked and is the nominee barring unforseen events( getting head from hooker) in which case Perry is the backup plan. Ron should bolt at the opportune time and call it all for what it is, a marionette show and you are the puppets.e

For a moment there, I thought I was the only one that knew this. Well at least now I know there's two of us.:cool:

heavenlyboy34
10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Trying to get the debate back to the serious issues instead of walking off probably would have a better impact. It'd embarrass Romney/Perry and would show that Ron Paul had the leadership to get things back into control.
This^^ quitting is just what TPTB want Ron to do.

loveshiscountry
10-21-2011, 05:54 PM
I disagree. You stay and make your voice heard. You keep your head while others around you loose theirs. Always lead by example. That is what Ron Paul stresses in his policies.

dannno
10-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Problem is Ron should walk off the in the LAST DEBATE at halftime and when they interview him say his is running under a new party. You people actually believe that Goldman Sachs, JPM, MS etc who always seed money thier picks and control the media will let Paul win the nomination? I told you it is Romneys and has been Romneys since day 1. All of this scripted play is for manipulating your thought process and means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Romney has already been picked and is the nominee barring unforseen events( getting head from hooker) in which case Perry is the backup plan. Ron should bolt at the opportune time and call it all for what it is, a marionette show and you are the puppets.

I think the real irony to all this is that he probably doesn't even know that he has been 'picked'. Otherwise he probably wouldn't get so defensive.

IterTemporis
10-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I remember at one time during the debate you could see him staring straight ahead looking annoyed as hell.

Yes, I saw that. He looked quite upset. At least I could of turned off the TV, however he is stuck there.

MJU1983
10-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Ron is pushing 'Anti Federalist' +rep IRL. :cool:

undergroundrr
10-21-2011, 06:20 PM
I've been in many situations where people have stormed out of rooms. It looks good in movies. But it never puts the person who walked in a position of strength. Bravo to Ron Paul for standing his ground through hundreds of such temptations.

flightlesskiwi
10-21-2011, 06:25 PM
I disagree. You stay and make your voice heard. You keep your head while others around you loose theirs. Always lead by example. That is what Ron Paul stresses in his policies.

+1. had Ron walked off that stage, the media would have had a heyday and spun it in the aspect of "he can't take the heat" type propaganda. or, the msm would have spun it to look like the bickering idiots were the adults and Ron the child for "throwing a fit and running away".

seriously, guys. the msm is going doing everything it can to make Ron look bad, if they mention him at all. it would have been spun.

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2011, 06:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing as Ron, i.e. it's about time to just walk off the stage. The other option is to knock over the podium and scold Perry and Romney like the children that they were.

freejack
10-21-2011, 06:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing as Ron, i.e. it's about time to just walk off the stage. The other option is to knock over the podium and scold Perry and Romney like the children that they were.

Nah he should've just double drop-kicked them in the face.

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Nah he should've just double drop-kicked them in the face.

Well, he could have walked around behind them and grabbed them both by the ear with the old man kung fu grip... ;)

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Dr. Paul may have been disgusted, but these childish displays only help his campaign. The more they tear each other down, looking like hot heads and whiners in the process, the more voters will look around for a more "presidential" candidate.

The Midnight Ride
10-21-2011, 06:41 PM
He should NOT walk off stage. The media would have a field day with that.

Ron needs to pull a Newt and scold Romney and Perry like the children they are. American voters like candidates who step up, CONTROL the situation, and exert leadership. By going into a :30 second tirade about how they are wasting American's time when we have a sovereign debt crisis looming over our heads and noting that neither have offered a legitimate, specific proposal to reduce spending, he will gain respect and votes.

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Dr. Paul may have been disgusted, but these childish displays only help his campaign. The more they tear each other down, looking like hot heads and whiners in the process, the more voters will look around for a more "presidential" candidate.

I have been catching some MSM coverage praising Perry for "coming out" and finally doing what his supporters wanted him to do. Anyone else catch anything like that? It might have been CNN, don't remember the host.

Darin
10-21-2011, 06:52 PM
reddited: hxxp://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/lkj3y/huffington_post_ron_paul_says_of_the_debate_i_was/

- Darin

Tinnuhana
10-21-2011, 06:52 PM
@Brianfor Liberty:
Merry and Pippin, time to do some dishes. :D

seapilot
10-21-2011, 06:55 PM
He should say in a stern voice, OK children RECESS is over. Its time for you to pay attention and learn something!

acptulsa
10-21-2011, 06:58 PM

We're here to either make the Constitution work, or force them to demonstrate in no uncertain terms to all of the American people that it's no longer in effect, and let the chips fall where they may. That's what we're here to do. I'm sorry you didn't get the memo. But that's the long and the short of it.

First we get people to see what the 'official' candidates are really up to, then we get them to vote for Ron Paul, then we see if their votes count or not. If not, the bluff is called and the pretense is ended, and we're not responsible for what happens next. Just like that.

Welcome to the program.

KramerDSP
10-21-2011, 07:03 PM
This is going viral. Everyone is picking up on this. Could this have been the Reagan moment of sorts?

Revolution9
10-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Yes folks...but remember this is divine comedy unfolding. This is what pre-empted Ron. They are falling on their own swords. Take a gander. Two of them are drunk with power and the other is on autoblither at 7500 rpm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmXG9QToZ8&feature=related

:)
Rev9

KramerDSP
10-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Back in 2008, he called out Romney and McCain on their trivialities, and that was epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFFb9m9SCio

Carson
10-21-2011, 07:16 PM
When I first started looking into where the money was coming from to illegally subvert the immigration laws of the world was when the problems of fiat money really started sinking in for me.

I think there is a huge base of people that have found a problem with illegal immigration also now with a grasp of just what being able to print up money can do. I think many of them see that there is not only our government that can fire up the fake money presses whenever they want but also a group outside of our country that can inflate our currency as well.

I think Ron Paul needs to figure out a way to communicate how he is the only chance in the coming election to elect someone that can help. Regaining control of our government, our borders, and our military are all only possible by regaining control of our currency.

Many of them would support Ron Paul but have concerns about his feelings on illegal immigration. If only he could reach out to them. I've listened to him for years and I know he has a lot to give.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/followthemoney/SuperDollar502x600.jpg

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2011, 07:45 PM
@Brianfor Liberty:
Merry and Pippin, time to do some dishes. :D

Exactly! :D

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfofci77mJ1qgutswo1_500.jpg

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-21-2011, 08:11 PM
I have been catching some MSM coverage praising Perry for "coming out" and finally doing what his supporters wanted him to do. Anyone else catch anything like that? It might have been CNN, don't remember the host.Yeah, I've been seeing some of that spin. But there's an effective way to come out aggressive against an opponent, and then there's looking like an angry a-hole who keeps interrupting, which is what Perry did. If anyone came out ahead in that mess, it was Romney.

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I've been seeing some of that spin. But there's an effective way to come out aggressive against an opponent, and then there's looking like an angry a-hole who keeps interrupting, which is what Perry did. If anyone came out ahead in that mess, it was Romney.

I guess the sad part is that most people don't see the actual debate, and take the media spin as gospel...

lasenorita
10-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Ron Paul did (sorta) walk off. :D Before one of the mini-breaks, I saw him leave his podium and walk/pace off towards the back diagonally. I thought he was upset about something and was re-grouping himself. (Or am I thinking of a different debate?) I'm glad Ron Paul stayed and persevered. (I personally would have kicked over the podium and shouted la-la-la-la-la with my hands over my ears. :p )

I agree that the Romney and Perry exchange was annoying. Perry — doubly ugh. If condescension and stubborn aggressiveness is how they deal with unfavorable issues, they stand little chance against a smooth and collected Pres. Obama (or making inroads with foreign leaders, for that matter). Pres. Obama looks and acts presidential to many. Romney and Perry? One turns visibly red and the other looks about ready to throw a punch (or be tackled by Secret Service — whichever happens first).

Anderson Cooper could have handled that better, but it seemed as if he took a 'I'm-washing-my-hands-of-this' approach. A firm statement may have helped, but I suppose a cat-fight makes for good television? He was so insistent on sticking to the 90-minute limit, but could not insist on some semblance of order? :confused:

Otherwise, this debate was one of the best so far. There were relevant issues discussed and Anderson seemed prepared and thorough. He asked good questions and allowed candidates to explain themselves — which I enjoyed immensely. :)