PDA

View Full Version : 11.11.11 Moneybomb name poll

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Pick one, feel free to explain or defend your choice in the thread.

This post explains my point of view brilliantly.

"Support Our Troops Money Bomb"

Hear me out:

1. This phrase resonates well with most Americans AND it evokes a strong emotional response.
2. It evokes an even STRONGER emitonal response with Ron Paul's base (us) becuase we know that supporting troops is not the same thing as supporting unconstitutional wars.
3. We stick it to the propaganda machine (who created that phrase) by stealing thier phrase and launching a nationwide campaign around it: A campaign to teach people how to REALLY support our troops. We re-define and re-brand thier phrase, just like they re-branded and re-defined our Tea Party.

Bottom line:

If we promote this just right, I bet people who are NOT Ron Paul supporters will STILL want to share the videos. Why fight against the (well intentioned) patriotism of the general public? Why not use it? Why not tap into it? We all feel patriotism, and so does everyone else. Let's focus on helping poeple understand what true patriotism is, rather than try to separate them from somthing that runs very deep with most people.

I love the other ideas, but they will not go viral. "Support our Troops" (right around veterans day!!!!!) COULD go viral. We just need to sprinkle a little education/information on top. Ride the wave!

Thoughts??

IndianaPolitico
10-21-2011, 02:06 PM
I voted for "Bring them Home". But what I think the way we should market this is, "Bring them Home... Support the Troops!"

Zarn Solen
10-21-2011, 02:12 PM
I would rather it be "Support the Troops... Bring Them Home!"

Liten
10-21-2011, 02:13 PM

same as above

IndianaPolitico
10-21-2011, 02:16 PM

You are right. Now we need to go with this name, and start the promotion!

nobody's_hero
10-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Not suggesting "thisnovember11th" but I found this video to get folks motivated (we need folks to make more videos, the 11th isn't far away):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpldd1B3uSU

We could also use the name "Just come home".

"Just come home. We just marched in, we can just come home." - Ron Paul

Here's one of avaroth's old vids but its the only one where I can find Ron's response to the "strategy for troop withdrawal" question from the 2007 debates:

Go to 4:15:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

V3n
10-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Until today I was thinking "Bring Them Home"; but with Obama claiming they will be (from Iraq) it will be disregarded. WE know they'll still be there, and Afghanistan, and Yemen, etc.. so it may be an opportunity to teach - I just don't want to give them a tool to say "Yeah, bring them home, Obama's doing that!"

I don't know.

Zarn Solen
10-21-2011, 02:26 PM
So would a clarification like this work?

"Support Our Troops... Bring Them All Home!"

theczar1776
10-21-2011, 02:34 PM
How about NO MORE WAR?

With the subtitles being ... NO MORE WAR
NO MORE UNDECLARED WAR
NO MORE UNCONSTITUTIONAL WAR
NO MORE PREEMPTIVE WAR
NO MORE "NON" WAR
AND NO MORE NATION BUILDING
MONEY BOMB

I think the long tag line will be UNIQUE, MAKE PEOPLE THINK AND BE A MOUTH FULL

MrAustin
10-21-2011, 03:00 PM

Hear me out:

1. This phrase resonates well with most Americans AND it evokes a strong emotional response.
2. It evokes an even STRONGER emitonal response with Ron Paul's base (us) becuase we know that supporting troops is not the same thing as supporting unconstitutional wars.
3. We stick it to the propaganda machine (who created that phrase) by stealing thier phrase and launching a nationwide campaign around it: A campaign to teach people how to REALLY support our troops. We re-define and re-brand thier phrase, just like they re-branded and re-defined our Tea Party.

Bottom line:

If we promote this just right, I bet people who are NOT Ron Paul supporters will STILL want to share the videos. Why fight against the (well intentioned) patriotism of the general public? Why not use it? Why not tap into it? We all feel patriotism, and so does everyone else. Let's focus on helping poeple understand what true patriotism is, rather than try to separate them from somthing that runs very deep with most people.

I love the other ideas, but they will not go viral. "Support our Troops" (right around veterans day!!!!!) COULD go viral. We just need to sprinkle a little education/information on top. Ride the wave!

Thoughts??

rideurlightning
10-21-2011, 03:01 PM
"Just come home".

garyallen59
10-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Hear me out:

2. It evokes an even STRONGER emitonal response with Ron Paul's base (us) becuase we know that supporting troops is not the same thing as supporting wars.
3. We stick it to the propaganda machine (who created that phrase) stealing thier phrase and teaching people how to REALLY support our troops.

Bottom line:

If we promote this just right, I bet people who are NOT Ron Paul supporters will still want to share the videos . Why fight against this? Why not use it to our advantage and launch a nationwide campaign to teach our friends and neighbors what it really means to support our troops?

I love the other ideas, but they will not go viral. Wupport the troops, the troops want Ron Paul COULD go viral.

Thoughts??

Yes, I am in full support of it being the Support Our Troops Moneybomb and these are very good reasons to be.

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 03:50 PM

Hear me out:

Bottom line:

Thoughts??

Brilliant!

TexMac
10-21-2011, 03:54 PM
I like "Just come home" because it applies to everybody.

IndianaPolitico
10-21-2011, 03:55 PM
I voted in the poll for "Bring them home", but after thinking about it some more, "Support our Troops" will work much better. Also, we can combine the two in our promotion.

bluesc
10-21-2011, 03:55 PM

Hear me out:

Bottom line:

Thoughts??

Thoughts? You just changed my mind from "Bring them home moneybomb" to "Support the troops moneybomb".

+rep

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I think I have a mancrush on MrAustin right now lol

asurfaholic
10-21-2011, 04:10 PM
I voted "support the troops"

I would also add a subtext, something along the lines of "What do they REALLY want?" Its important to draw the line that supporting the troops means listening to them and analyzing why they donate the way they do. Supporting them by sending them to more wars.... is like an oxymoron.

Im not too good with words, I wonder if I got what I am trying to say across clearly...

Chainspell
10-21-2011, 04:36 PM
what is this??

bring them home = bring them home
support our troops = has a ton of different meanings

do we want to merely support our troops or bring them home?

no offense :( come on guys are we just gonna pander to the status quo? TRUST in the strength of our message... we want to bring the troops home! when that message hits home with most american families who have relatives overseas they're gonna want to support us, as in they're gonna tell everyone they know about ron paul. whereas support our troops is such a cliche that the emotional attachment is just gonna be skin deep.

chris41336
10-21-2011, 04:37 PM
"Support our Troops: Bring Them Home"

JoshLowry
10-21-2011, 04:43 PM
(
what is this??

bring them home = bring them home
support our troops = has a ton of different meanings

do we want to merely support our troops or bring them home?

no offense :( come on guys are we just gonna pander to the status quo? TRUST in the strength of our message... we want to bring the troops home! when that message hits home with most americans they're gonna want to support us, as in they're gonna tell everyone they know about ron paul. whereas support our troops is such a cliche that the emotional attachment is just gonna be skin deep.

I think they are getting at establishing THE definition of supporting the troops.

I imagine bring them home will be the largest part of the theme. (Especially if the videos guys concentrate on that aspect... Do what you think is best!)

asurfaholic
10-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Educating people about what supporting the troops really means could be helpful. We should aim to make promotional videos that feature military men and women talk about why they support Ron Paul, and how they feel about being sent overseas. We should also feature spouses who lost a loved one. Its emotional and is bound to unite people. I am sure that this is already on the plan for those here who actually plan and implement the plans for moneybombs.

I like the term "bring them home" but I think that will not resonate as well with people who think the wars are a good thing.

chris41336
10-21-2011, 04:52 PM
We have two names/themes competing here:

BRING THEM HOME

or

SUPPORT THE TROOPS

I say we combine them: "Support our Troops: Bring Them Home"

Define the meaning of Supporting the Troops to be having them home, ready to DEFEND THEIR COUNTRY, not manage an empire.

Nate-ForLiberty
10-21-2011, 04:58 PM
-The "Obama Lied!" Moneybomb-

"Return Our Troops!"

CabinMan
10-21-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't think they are different themes.

Support the troops makes a statement. It invokes the question, how?

Donate to Ron Paul so he can bring them home is the answer.

JoshLowry
10-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Yea, we want people to hear Ron's message that have not yet heard it directly from his mouth.

We can bring in your average tv viewer with Support The Troops, but not as many with Bring Them Home.

Wouldn't putting "Bring Them Home" in the domain turn right leaning MSM viewers away?

We can educate them, but we need to get a hold of them.

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Educating people about what supporting the troops really means could be helpful. We should aim to make promotional videos that feature military men and women talk about why they support Ron Paul, and how they feel about being sent overseas. We should also feature spouses who lost a loved one. Its emotional and is bound to unite people. I am sure that this is already on the plan for those here who actually plan and implement the plans for moneybombs.

I like the term "bring them home" but I think that will not resonate as well with people who think the wars are a good thing.

Active duty military like myself can not endorse a candidate for partisan office. The video is a good idea, but is not legal, unfortunately.

Rocket_pilot
10-21-2011, 07:09 PM

Hear me out:

Bottom line:

Thoughts??

I'm with you brotha. At this point we need to court mainstream people. Bring them home won't sit as well with some. I certainly understand the points for it, but I support the above posters opinion. Just the opinion of one veteran.

RonPaulRules
10-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Obama is bringing them home so he can get more votes. So these names are no good anymore.

Thor
10-21-2011, 07:45 PM
The 11th Hour, of the 11th Day, of the 11th Month – When the Guns Fell Silent (11-11-11)

http://blog.usni.org/2009/11/11/the-11th-hour-of-the-11th-day-of-the-11th-month-when-the-guns-fell-silent/

Okie RP fan
10-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Could we change "Bring Them Home" to "Bring Them ALL Home"?

Considering the recent announcement. I didn't vote for "Bring Them Home" for that reason.

Article V
10-21-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm a bit offended that the OP put up the wrong name for the "Bring US Home" name. It's a double entendre. "Us" means us and is therefore slightly offensive in its assumption. US means both us and U.S. so that the supporters can see thing from two perspectives.

Whatever...

acptulsa
10-21-2011, 08:01 PM
So would a clarification like this work?

"Support Our Troops... Bring Them All Home!"

It would. And since it's Armistice Day, I like the subtitle, 'The Bomb to End All Bombs.'

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Oops, sorry about that. Wasn't intentional.

Michael Landon
10-21-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm thinking about delivering a bunch of Paul's "Defense" slim jims on Veterans day. Anyone else thinking about doing this also?

- ML

Article V
10-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Oops, sorry about that. Wasn't intentional.I know it wasn't. I'm not mad at you or anyone, just disappointed at another missed opportunity.

That said, it seems like the Veteran's Day Moneybomb name already has a lot set up. Or, rather, the Veterans' Day Moneybomb. ;)

acptulsa
10-21-2011, 08:07 PM
I know it wasn't. I'm not mad at you or anyone, just disappointed at another missed opportunity.

That said, it seems like the Veteran's Day Moneybomb name already has a lot set up.

I picked up on it, I just didn't think the double entendre would be understood by everyone, or was that great to be honest. I think the 'support them by bringing them home' was the best.

I don't know if the double entendre of saying The Bomb to End All Bombs will be picked up by the generation who doesn't know Armistice Day commemorates the end of The War to End All Wars, either, but I think it will be understood by a particular target audience (seniors) who we ought to have and need to have.

TomtheTinker
10-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Veteran's Day Moneybomb!!!!!

I really don't see why it doesn't have more votes???..we need support among the elderly..its the least political divisive..the most appealing to the people we are trying to appeal to(republicans) ...Ron Paul is a vet.

TheTyke
10-21-2011, 09:20 PM
I like Veteran's Day the best. Support the Troops is good too.

To me, this is all about highlighting that the military support Dr. Paul and his America-first, strong defense policies. They like to paint us as anti-soldier hippies, when the reality is the exact opposite. We need to take ownership of the term "support the troops" and make it synonymous with bringing them home, and putting the US first. All of these points will be made as we promote the event. It's going to be AWESOME PR! How many people post "support the troops" etc? We can ask them... are you supporting who the troops want? Really putting the words into action?

lucent
10-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Veteran's Day Moneybomb!!!!!

I really don't see why it doesn't have more votes???..we need support among the elderly..its the least political divisive..the most appealing to the people we are trying to appeal to(republicans) ...Ron Paul is a vet.

We've explained our reasons.

Chainspell
10-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Well I'll go with whatever you guys decide. Just to me bring them home gives a stronger attachment/feeling to donate. I just think it's an easier sell to say bring them home cuz it's more direct.

I guess my viewpoint is biased towards creating videos about it. I just think it's a better sell to say BTH than support our troops... Coz really why do you need to donate to that? Everybody already supports the troops...

Edit:
You know what I think about when I hear support our troops? My head goes "support the troops? sure i support the troops! What? You want me to give money to support the troops?" lol who asks for money to support the troops? The US government takes care of them...

Okie RP fan
10-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Well I'll go with whatever you guys decide. Just to me bring them home gives a stronger attachment/feeling to donate. I just think it's an easier sell to say bring them home cuz it's more direct.

I guess my viewpoint is biased towards creating videos about it. I just think it's a better sell to say BTH than support our troops... Coz really why do you need to donate to that? Everybody already supports the troops...

Right. And I personally think with the announcement today about Iraq, it may be more effective to add "ALL" or "all" to it to signify and send the broader message of ending the policeman of the world status.

But, whatever works.

nbhadja
10-21-2011, 09:49 PM
The support 'em & bring 'em home bomb.

Esoteric
10-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Bring Them ALL Home

TexMac
10-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Just Come Home!

"We just marched in, we can just come home."

#win :)

Justinjj1
10-21-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TKnvS6LWnn8

Esoteric
10-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Have we ever thought that the campaign may not advise us having an anti-war message with the moneybomb? This is a political campaign after all, and we are trying to win a republic nomination.

Justinjj1
10-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Has Ron Paul's entire campaign not had an anti-war message?

lucent
10-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Have we ever thought that the campaign may not advise us having an anti-war message with the moneybomb? This is a political campaign after all, and we are trying to win a republic nomination.

Better inform the campaign that the anti-war message is poison because they are currently running an anti-war message in their $2 million ad buy.

Sentinelrv
10-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Has Ron Paul's entire campaign not had an anti-war message?

Not really, no. Ron Paul isn't anti-war. He'll send the troops into war if it's declared and necessary. What we're doing right now is unnecessary and it's not declared.

Justinjj1
10-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Not really, no. Ron Paul isn't anti-war. He'll send the troops into war if it's declared and necessary. What we're doing right now is the opposite.

Oh please. Can you imagine any instance in today's world where war would be necessary? What are we going to get invaded by another country? Are the British going to come back and try to conquor us? Is Iran going to nuke us with their imaginary nukes? Give me a break.

War is a racket and Ron Paul knows this.

garyallen59
10-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Yea, we want people to hear Ron's message that have not yet heard it directly from his mouth.

We can bring in your average tv viewer with Support The Troops, but not as many with Bring Them Home.

Wouldn't putting "Bring Them Home" in the domain turn right leaning MSM viewers away?

Yes, please listen to this reasoning. This one build possibly broaden our base, hence more donations.

spanos
10-21-2011, 10:12 PM
no more = negative
must be stated in the positive

lucent
10-21-2011, 10:14 PM

The only way a money bomb is going to spread a message is from the money it earns that buys television ads. The media is not going to report on it outside of a few online websites and if they did, they aren't going to inform anyone on the theme. The object of a money bomb is to invigorate the base to donate and "Support the Troops" doesn't cut. Marketing wise, it's bad.

garyallen59
10-21-2011, 10:33 PM
The only way a money bomb is going to spread a message is from the money it earns that buys television ads. The media is not going to report on it outside of a few online websites and if they did, they aren't going to inform anyone on the theme. The object of a money bomb is to invigorate the base to donate and "Support the Troops" doesn't cut. Marketing wise, it's bad.

No, IMHO, marketing wise it is good. I support the troops. Ron supports the troops. Many, many others support the troops. It makes me feel good to give money to this man who supports the troops and desires the best for them and their family and that's to bring our soldiers home. "Bring Them Home" doesn't excite me, even though that's what I desire. I also don't like referring to our soldiers as "them".

Sentinelrv
10-21-2011, 10:36 PM

I was leaning more toward BTH, but Josh's reasoning here changed my mind. We need to be smarter about this. BTH could turn some Republicans away, because they might perceive it as Ron being weak on defense. If the theme is STT, it could help to draw a lot more Republicans to Ron Paul. People promoting this money bomb could add in their own reasons why they support it, for example videos showing the troops coming home. The main theme of STT though would help to hook a lot of Republicans and get them interested in Ron Paul. Like Josh said above, before we can educate them, we first need to hook them. We can do this by using a theme that would interest the majority of Republicans. STT would be perceived by Republicans as being strong on defense. It would help to draw in new voters. BTH in my opinion would turn many Republicans away because they'd perceive it as being weak on defense.

Sentinelrv
10-21-2011, 10:49 PM

So are you saying that while the STT theme may draw in some new Republicans due to our online promotion, it wouldn't be enough promotion to actually make a difference in recruiting new voters? And that the focus should instead be on energizing Ron Paul supporters to donate, something that STT would not accomplish while BTH would? This does make sense if this is what you're saying. I could see the STT theme hurting our fundraising because it's not motivating enough for Paul supporters. The advertising this money will buy will also definitely far eclipse the amount of Republicans we'd be able to reach due to online promotion alone. Maybe it would make better sense to go with BTH, as the main goal of a money bomb is to raise as much money as possible, not to convert Republicans.

Chainspell
10-21-2011, 11:05 PM
K Im just gonna step away from this thread. I concede. Whatever you guys decide I will help communicate. But we have to decide in the next couple of days. Time is wasting...

McDermit
10-21-2011, 11:17 PM
This is getting silly.

Bring Them Home is a huuugggeee part of RON's platform. It is the reason THE TROOPS support him! Just 2 weeks ago, my retired military "bomb them all" uncle began supporting Ron because of his military stance. My cousins, all 5 of my uncles sons, are in the army--all E6 and better. All of his sons have done at least 3 tours in OIF/OEF, 2 were injured. Two weeks ago, 3 of them found out they're being redeployed to the middle east. One just lost his son to leukemia and is trying to hold his family together. He and his wife donated $500 during bto. The day they got the orders, my uncle donated $2500 to Ron Paul.

Minimizing Ron's military stance in hopes of attracting neocons is ineffective at best, and it is at direct odds with HQ's efforts and Ron's debate performances, $1T Plan, etc. This is Ron's platform, and it will bring new donors. We won't win over neocons with "support the troops," because they are aware of Ron's foreign policy. We can't hide it, it's an integral part of the message and the platform. So use it our advantage. "Support the troops: Bring them home!" will incite Democrats, Independants, and a portion of the Republican base who realize the warmongering neocons are bankrupting our nation and needlessly endangering our troops. We have the military donation numbers on our side... that alone is enough to push a "support the troops; bring them home!" message.

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 11:19 PM
No one said anything about trying to attract neo-cons...we said attract GOP voters.

lucent
10-21-2011, 11:29 PM
No one said anything about trying to attract neo-cons...we said attract GOP voters.

You know what their idea of supporting the troops is? Sending cards and care packages. When you run a money bomb on this, they will point out that you could have used that money to do just that. You are trying to use a phrase that means multiple different things to different people. It obfuscates it. Would you like a list of ways a hostile media outlet can spin this?

Sentinelrv
10-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Alright, I've been persuaded to go with BTH. Unfortunately, I can't change my vote, so just switch one point from STT to BTH. I also don't believe we should incorporate both themes together, because it makes the name too long. I believe it should be one or the other. I'm going with BTH for the reasons I stated in my second post in this thread.

lucent
10-21-2011, 11:43 PM
I am just going to point this out. Everyone is too divided and the people who ran BTO are missing in action. So the odds of this thing actually getting started soon is low. We have a lot less time than we had with BTO.

PhineasFinn
10-21-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm excited about this one.

Sentinelrv
10-21-2011, 11:51 PM
I am just going to point this out. Everyone is too divided and the people who ran BTO are missing in action. So the odds of this thing actually getting started soon is low. We have a lot less time than we had with BTO.

I think Dusman is taking a break. I haven't seen him post for a couple days, unless I missed it somehow.

lucent
10-21-2011, 11:54 PM
I think Dusman is taking a break. I haven't seen him post for a couple days, unless I missed it somehow.

Well, he has all the web scripts for the website. There is also no one with the ability to replace him taking the lead.

LibertasPraesidium
10-21-2011, 11:58 PM
"Just come home. We just marched in, we can just come home." - Ron Paul

This can be said again and again and has the same effect on me. So politely to the point and added with music and moneybombs and sign waving. It could make for a great day.

XTreat
10-22-2011, 12:02 AM
When I table my number 1 talking point is ending the wars. This is not a divisive issue, 70% of americans support this. FYI I am active duty. I support Bring Them Home.

milo10
10-22-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm probably not the best judge, as I have trouble relating to the type of conservative whose vote we need to get the nomination. But, I never liked the "Support the troops" phrase, which goes back to the first Gulf War. It was clever marketing doublespeak then to counter anti-war sentiment, and in those soundbyte days, it was fairly effective.

I voted for Bring Them Home, but I also really like Bring Us Home, as it could be built around the very strong support shown to Ron Paul by members of the military.

realtonygoodwin
10-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Do whatever you guys want.

qwerty
10-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Bring Them Home Moneybomb...

longer we wait, less time to promote...

and PLEASE, whole weekend bomb! :)

lucent
10-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Bring Them Home Moneybomb...

longer we wait, less time to promote...

and PLEASE, whole weekend bomb! :)

Still waiting for someone with the skills to create a website to step up and take the lead.

Sentinelrv
10-22-2011, 01:55 AM
Still waiting for someone with the skills to create a website to step up and take the lead.

Has anyone tried contacting Dusman to see what's up? I remember him saying he had some ideas for this a week or two ago. And besides, he does have all the website code. I don't think it would be wise to start from scratch when we don't have to, unless of course he doesn't want to be involved with this one. I'd like to hear his opinion on it.

Sentinelrv
10-22-2011, 02:18 AM
Alright, I just PM'ed him to ask whether he was sitting this one out or just taking a break after BTO. I linked him to this thread, so hopefully he responds when he gets the message. We could really use his help in getting organized.

Edu
10-22-2011, 02:31 AM
America is not a world empire

McDermit
10-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Waiting on a response from the owner of the bth domain. Several emails back and forth so far, just waiting to see whether he accepts the offer

eleganz
10-22-2011, 02:41 AM
I'm definitely for this, we can also push donations like $11, $111, or $1111 to make it fun for people.

I do believe I'm planning to max out next donation so I might be doing the four digit donations :)

Sentinelrv
10-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Waiting on a response from the owner of the bth domain. Several emails back and forth so far, just waiting to see whether he accepts the offer

That's very good news. Hopefully we can secure it.

dusman
10-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Hi guys. Sorry, I've been a bit sick since getting back. Standing in the rain all day Wednesday did a number on me!

The BTO system was built specifically to be transferable to the other moneybombs, so as long as there aren't any objections, everything from the BTO web site can be used for the next one. All that would need to happen is for it to be redesigned and cleaned up a bit. I may not be able to be quite as involved with 11/11/11 as there are some other initiatives that I've neglected since focusing on BTO. With that in mind, if there are any web developers who would like to assist in the workload, that would be of great help to me.

I'm a bit torn between these other initiatives and the 11/11/11 moneybomb. Being a veteran myself, I feel I could bring that perspective into the web site in a great way. However, there are some other things that really need to be done and it's too bad I can't double my efforts in a more reasonable fashion. So, with that said, I'd like everyone's opinion first. If you guys are pretty certain that I should be working on it, then I will on condition that I have another developer on hand that can manage the daily maintenance and changes that will be needed, so that I can also focus on these other initiatives.

eleganz
10-22-2011, 04:14 AM

Hear me out:

Bottom line:

Thoughts??

Excellent point on the videos, we have our resident video maker Christian, he made some wonderful BTO videos and so did other members like Birdlady, etc...

These videos will be CRUCIAL to get other people on our side to REALLY support the troops, money bomb + new voters (demo and rep) = a PRICELESS event.

WE MUST DO THIS!

START PROMOTING NOW!!!

PatriotOne
10-22-2011, 04:33 AM
People are immune to "Support the Troops". Any emotional response to that has played itself out by it's overuse this past decade. It won't grab their attention as they have heard it a million times already and will automatically associate it with it's past use. Bring them Home ftw. Logo's/ribbons and such should be mainly in a particular blue...blue is psychologically associated with peace (that's why the U.N uses it deceptively).

dusman
10-22-2011, 04:56 AM
Here is a spin-off of the Yellow Ribbon suited for this moneybomb if the naming were "Bring Them Home".

http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/yellow_ribbon.pdf

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-22-2011, 05:12 AM

This

PatriotOne
10-22-2011, 05:22 AM
Here is a spin-off of the Yellow Ribbon suited for this moneybomb if the naming were "Bring Them Home".

Most people will see the yellow ribbon but won't read it. They will assume "Support our Troops" and since it has been so overused it will provoke no emotional response. The yellow ribbon has already been branded and this is no time to attempt to "co-opt" it. THAT takes more time than we have for the 11/11 moneybomb. Besides yellow is psychologically associated with cowardice. Light blue's are psychologically associated with "peace". Want a ribbon then I suggest a light blue one.

Sganet
10-22-2011, 06:51 AM
How about "END the WARS" Money Bomb

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/372958_295574513804165_116728397_n.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=262536453789154)

I didn't see this thread earlier and actually already started a fb page/event/twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/ENDtheWARS.MoneyBomb
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=262536453789154
http://twitter.com/#!/ENDthaWARS
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325143-END-the-WARS-Money-Bomb-on-11-11-11-Veterans-Day!!

lucent
10-22-2011, 07:27 AM

My suggestion is web 2.0 it. Bevel it, glassify it, or give it a fading digital effect. Don't put that text on it with that font. Either put the domain in its place, or don't put any text in the ribbon itself and put it on the outside. Use a web 2.0 font.

The reason I suggest this is that we need a unique logo, that text isn't easy to read, and it is an online campaign so we must keep it modern. :)

MelissaCato
10-22-2011, 07:31 AM
I say Bring Us Home Moneybomb. Because we are all Americans. JMO.

blabam
10-22-2011, 07:40 AM
"Support the Troops... Bring Them Home!"

lucent
10-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Besides yellow is psychologically associated with cowardice. Light blue's are psychologically associated with "peace". Want a ribbon then I suggest a light blue one.

So the Don't Tread On Me flag represents cowardice? Your idea of what colors represent is way too narrow.

http://webdesign.about.com/od/color/a/bl_colorculture.htm

chris41336
10-22-2011, 07:47 AM
I think this poll was a great idea because we needed to narrow down a name, but I was hoping that we could limit most dscussion of this moneybomb (eg logistics, etc.) To the thread I made two days ago to help consolidate all of the ideas and such into one common location rather than several threads throughout the site.

Also, I am no developer but like I said I have no problem helping out with certain logistical things like keeping track of wh is doing what. I mean I did help think of the name, I feel obliged to help.

Sganet
10-22-2011, 07:55 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325157-quot-END-the-WARS-quot-Money-Bomb-on-11-11-11-Veterans-Day!&p=3678872#post3678872

lucent
10-22-2011, 08:08 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325157-quot-END-the-WARS-quot-Money-Bomb-on-11-11-11-Veterans-Day!&p=3678872#post3678872

Did you just come here and try to hijack the moneybomb when a bunch of us just voted on what it should be?

PatriotOne
10-22-2011, 09:46 AM
So the Don't Tread On Me flag represents cowardice? Your idea of what colors represent is way too narrow.

http://webdesign.about.com/od/color/a/bl_colorculture.htm

We don't live in the 18th century and most people today wouldn't recognize the Gadsen Flag. This is 2011 and yellow is the color used to signal "caution" and in slang used to call people cowards.

Examples:

Traffic lights: slow down...proceed with caution
Yield signs: slow down proceed with caution
Yellow/red: Danger/caution such as the radioactive signs
"Yellow belly": coward
"He's yellow": coward

plus......

In marketing, yellow stands for ‘low priced’; as you might have noticed, this color is used by Subway, McDonald’s, Cheerios. Yellow is usually seen as light-hearted, unstable, and a little childish. While this color works well for promoting children’s products, yellow is unsuitable for promoting high-end items targeted at the upper echelons of society. Few people will buy a yellow purse or briefcase.

Read more: http://www.billiondollarincome.com/meaning-of-the-color-yellow.html#ixzz1bWfSsDBp

seawolf
10-22-2011, 10:32 AM
We need to come to a consensus and make a decision TODAY!!! Time is of the essence. In addition, all future Money Bombs should be 48 Hours in length. BTO proved that beyond question. Donation amounts and the time needed in a Money Bomb to meet a specified goal are so far different than 2007, you really cannot even compare the two campaign time periods.

The reason is pretty obvious, the Depression our World is now in and is getting worse by every single day!!! RP Grassroot Supporters simply cannot make the large donations that were made in 2007.....

Whatever our decision will be let's make it!!! and move forward........

McDermit
10-22-2011, 11:43 AM
We have a concensus, just no domain. If someone wants bringthemhome2012.com, they are welcome to use it. Two people expressed concern over having 2012 in the domain, so I'd scrapped the idea.

Otherwise, still waiting on a response from the guy who owns the bth domain. He hasn't responded to my offer yet, and as far as I know, he hasn't replied to chainspell at all.

TexMac
10-22-2011, 11:55 AM
We can get started with bringthemhome2012.com and then switch if we get the other, can't we? As long as we hold off with print stuff, although we can redirect.

realtonygoodwin
10-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Could we use this thread for the discussion of the name and leave the planning to the planning thread?

JoshLowry
10-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Ya'll are jumping the gun. There needs to be further discussion before any one member just rolls with a domain over everybody else that has concerns.

The moneybomb ended yesterday. We must take the time to make sure our base is solid. Yes, time is of the essence.

Gage has put in a lot of time and work on moneybombs.

Dusman has put in a lot of time and work on moneybombs.

We've ALL put in a lot of time and work on them. I'm not selling anyone short.

I should be talking with Dusman by phone shortly. Gage and I have talked some. We will talk further. I'm going to do this before I promote any banners on RPF.

ScrambleLight
10-22-2011, 12:52 PM
"Our Soldiers stood for us.. Now We stand for Them." WeStandForThem.com (Tried fought/fight but it is taken I looked for something available

WeStandWithThem.com is also available

StandWithThem.com is also available

Thomas
10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Veterans Day Moneybomb

Sganet
10-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Did you just come here and try to hijack the moneybomb when a bunch of us just voted on what it should be?

Please don't accuse me, I didn't even see the poll when I started getting interests for the next money bomb. I think "END the WARS" will appeal to certain market. Donations are all going to the same place on the same day.

FBappDev
10-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Allow the potential donor to put "Veterans Day", 11-11-11 together in their minds with the "MoneyBomb" push. "Bring them Home" gives rise to a question in the potential donor's mind, (bring WHO home) ... who is then the question, and the next WHO they ask is "Who is Ron Paul" ... he's a Veteran, running for President.

Capitalizing on the term "Veterans" on Veterans Day is both redundant and pandering. SYMBOLISM of Veterans and their voice is of course critical for the MoneyBomb.

"Bring Them Home" is taboo, taboo is good.

Razare
10-26-2011, 07:35 PM

Yeah, I like that.

zerosdontcount
10-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Wasn't a choice but I always like what Paul says Bring Our Troops Home

Paul4Prez
10-28-2011, 11:56 PM
"Bring Them Home" won the poll -why wasn't it picked? Oh well, just spread the 11/11/11 date -- it'll be here very soon....

D.A.S.
10-29-2011, 12:01 AM
Could we add "Veterans' Best Friend Moneybomb" to the poll choices?

rubantin
10-30-2011, 07:08 AM
How about NO MORE WAR?

With the subtitles being ... NO MORE WAR
NO MORE UNDECLARED WAR
NO MORE UNCONSTITUTIONAL WAR
NO MORE PREEMPTIVE WAR
NO MORE "NON" WAR
AND NO MORE NATION BUILDING
MONEY BOMB

I think the long tag line will be UNIQUE, MAKE PEOPLE THINK AND BE A MOUTH FULL

I like this idea... Then we can pull individual tag lines for different ads.....

Maybe we should add more tag lines to the poll and select the top 5?

sailingaway
10-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Could we add "Veterans' Best Friend Moneybomb" to the poll choices?

I like this, but it looks like it has already been changed once. Are there new graphics?