PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul thinks now is the time to make his move

RonPaulFanInGA
10-21-2011, 09:54 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-paul-making-move-20111020,0,6353568.story

The campaign should go all-in for Iowa.

Bruno
10-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Drudged this!

ctiger2
10-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Yep, Ron needs to Win IA. It shows the people electability and builds momentum. It's like kicking a big snowball down the side of the mountain.

specsaregood
10-21-2011, 10:03 AM
On average, Paul’s 110,000 contributors – that’s the largest donor base of any GOP presidential candidate -- have given about $110 each, Benton said.

Indeed.

lucent
10-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Drudged.

IterTemporis
10-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Did you guys see the recent Rasmussen poll in Iowa that is post-debate? Cain still leads, and Paul is at 10%, behind Romney. Romney had 18% if I recall correctly.

bluesc
10-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Did you guys see the recent Rasmussen poll in Iowa that is post-debate? Cain still leads, and Paul is at 10%, behind Romney. Romney had 18% if I recall correctly.

The same pollster that showed Ron 10 points behind Obama?

Disregard poll.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Yep, Ron needs to Win IA.

Ron Paul's campaign is dead if it finishes fifth in Iowa again, as it did in 2008. At that point, who really cares about Nevada? With the caucus system and Paul reportedly having the best ground game (http://ames.patch.com/articles/in-iowa-presidential-ground-games-still-in-ditch) in Iowa, all the attention and money from the campaign should probably be focused there, instead of Romneyland (http://www.nh.gov/).

Carole
10-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Another derogatory article, but there is no such thing as bad publicity. I think I heard that somewhere. :D

We must keep the coffers filled. :)

TexAg09
10-21-2011, 10:20 AM
How do you Drudge an article? I'm new to that....

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 10:21 AM

Yeah, but they don't like Ron and they don't say how they picked 'likely caucus goers' in the part of the poll they release without subscription. If they look at who went in 2010, it is completely irrelevant to whom would go in 2012.

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 10:22 AM
How do you Drudge an article? I'm new to that....

you go to drudgereport.com and scroll down. On the right there is a 'submit tips' box and you past the URL and any relevant comment there and push 'submit'.

trey4sports
10-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Iowa or bust.

bolidew
10-21-2011, 10:27 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-paul-making-move-20111020,0,6353568.story

The campaign should go all-in for Iowa.
Good move! Now expect to see Ron's poll numbers shoot up in Iowa.

bolidew
10-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Ron Paul's campaign is dead if it finishes fifth in Iowa again, as it did in 2008. At that point, who really cares about Nevada? With the caucus system and Paul reportedly having the best ground game (http://ames.patch.com/articles/in-iowa-presidential-ground-games-still-in-ditch) in Iowa, all the attention and money from the campaign should probably be focused there, instead of Romneyland (http://www.nh.gov/).

Fifth? even third is not acceptable.

bluesc
10-21-2011, 10:31 AM

Win Iowa or lose nomination.

RDM
10-21-2011, 10:33 AM
I heard on a interview a couple a days ago, someone from Iowa was saying no candidate has been visiting I believe the NW part of the state. The person in the interview stated Iowans love to meet candidates close up and the ones who do usually gain support. Does anyone know if the campaign is working that area of Iowa?

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 10:35 AM

I think you still get delegates from third, it would depend on how close a third it was, going into New Hampshire. But it certainly isn't what we want, and we really want a BOOST going into New Hampshire....

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 10:36 AM
I heard on a interview a couple a days ago, someone from Iowa was saying no candidate has been visiting I believe the NW part of the state. The person in the interview stated Iowans love to meet candidates close up and the ones who do usually gain support. Does anyone know if the campaign is working that area of Iowa?

I heard the same thing. Santorum has all the organization up there. We can't let that stand. Ron said he was going to visit every county, and I'm sure he will, but it has to be early enough to not have people already committed.

Bruno
10-21-2011, 10:37 AM

Yes, Ron Paul was recently in the Sioux City area, and I believe has fairly strong support there.

RDM
10-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Here's the article about NW Iowa.
Iowa presidential campaign shifts to state's rural northwest
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/19/nation/la-na-northwest-iowa-20111020

tremendoustie
10-21-2011, 10:41 AM
I do think Paul should put everything he's got into Iowa. I think without a win there the path to the nomination becomes more difficult. A win in Iowa, and 2nd in NH is realistically possible at this point, and should be the goal imo. If this happens, we build an enormous amount of momentum, and truly will become impossible to ignore.

wgadget
10-21-2011, 10:45 AM
In a reasonably normal world, Herman Cain's revelation today that his 999 plan isn't as flat and fair as it would appear SHOULD bring his poll numbers down.

Can you say OPPORTUNITY ZONES? 333?

RDM
10-21-2011, 10:51 AM
In a reasonably normal world, Herman Cain's revelation today that his 999 plan isn't as flat and fair as it would appear SHOULD bring his poll numbers down.

Can you say OPPORTUNITY ZONES? 333?

Right now, we are dealing with Teflon Cain. Nothing is sticking to him yet and his followers are not waning. It's going to have to be something big to bring him done.

IndianaPolitico
10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
"In the 20 days since, the campaign raised more than $3 million, Benton said, including more than $2 million off a "moneybomb” earlier this week."

So the campaign raised more then a million between the EOTQP, and the BTO Money Bomb? Sweet! What I would like to see the campaign to do, is to send Ron on a bus tour of Iowa. Stopping in many of the areas usually overlooked by candidates. If we work HARD in the state, we can win.

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 11:53 AM
"In the 20 days since, the campaign raised more than $3 million, Benton said, including more than $2 million off a "moneybomb” earlier this week."

So the campaign raised more then a million between the EOTQP, and the BTO Money Bomb? Sweet! What I would like to see the campaign to do, is to send Ron on a bus tour of Iowa. Stopping in many of the areas usually overlooked by candidates. If we work HARD in the state, we can win.

bus tour in the NW

IndianaPolitico
10-21-2011, 11:56 AM
bus tour in the NW
Do you know if the campaign is planning something like that?

bluesc
10-21-2011, 11:56 AM
bus tour in the NW

Good idea. He needs to connect with these people, promote his economic plan, and take Iowa.

Agorism
10-21-2011, 11:59 AM
I think we need some ads directly attacking Cain.

I'd like two ads. One attacking Cain on fiscal\domestic stuff and a second ad attacking him on foreign policy.

Eric21ND
10-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Finally a campaign bus!!!

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Do you know if the campaign is planning something like that?

I had seen something back a ways, but then the homecoming thing came out, and now I'm not sure.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2011, 12:14 PM

This ^^^^

Couldn't agree more.

A win in Iowa is a MUST.

The best that can be hoped for, I'm afraid, in NH is a second, and that's being generous.

wstrucke
10-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Is there a campaign bus?

Esoteric
10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
wow. only 300 maxed out donors.

RonPaul101.com
10-21-2011, 01:21 PM

Caustiously I would have to agree with you. Its almost a must-win state (no pressure Iowa). Coming in second might leave Dr Paul with a chance to win, but it would take some event to create the upset later on. Third would be devastating, and I'm an extremely optimistic person.

Steve-in-NY
10-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Switching to http://volunteers.rp2012.org to call Iowa specifically.
PM me if you want to join travis' team. We are currently calling IA region 8.
Get on board!

trey4sports
10-21-2011, 02:25 PM
I think you still get delegates from third, it would depend on how close a third it was, going into New Hampshire. But it certainly isn't what we want, and we really want a BOOST going into New Hampshire....

we have one chance to erase the "he can't win" stigma.

eleganz
10-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Not only does Ron HAVE to win IA, he HAS to come within a 5-8% (10% would be very dangerous) margin of Romney in NH. This is to show that There IS another choice and that choice is completely viable.

Man, if only NH was a Caucus...

All signs are pointing to an IA victory but it is up to us to secure that victory because nothing is finalized until the day of the election.

John F Kennedy III
10-21-2011, 02:56 PM

1st place is the only acceptable outcome in Iowa.

Liberty74
10-21-2011, 02:56 PM
I personally don't think RP is doomed if he doesn't win Iowa. Say Romney 30%, Paul 27%, etc., other anti-Romney candidates will drop out and RP could get them into his camp for NH putting pressure on Romney. If you look at the past Iowa winners with competitors, half who win end up losing NH and dropping out fairly quickly. Heck, Ronald Reagan lost Iowa in 1980.

RP has to win or barely lose which would be seen as a WIN.

Iowa is totally different than say NH. Iowans want bus tours, hand shakes, etc. so give it to them RP. Show them who is the real leader, true statesman and the real conservative.

IndianaPolitico
10-21-2011, 02:59 PM
I think that we all agree that Iowa is BIG for our campaign. What I think needs to happen is actually quite simple. Make sure volunteers are mobilized, and get Ron Paul back to Iowa as much as possible. Having Rand and Carol in Iowa would also really help.

280Z28
10-21-2011, 02:59 PM
We know from the Ames Straw Poll that 2nd, regardless of margin, can be completely ignored in the media.

bluesc
10-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Caustiously I would have to agree with you. Its almost a must-win state (no pressure Iowa). Coming in second might leave Dr Paul with a chance to win, but it would take some event to create the upset later on. Third would be devastating, and I'm an extremely optimistic person.

Me too. I'm extremely optimistic about our chances in Iowa, but it's win Iowa or bust.

The delegates there mean nothing, it's about the momentum and killing the "he can't win" meme.

mr_x
10-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Having Rand and Carol in Iowa would also really help.

That would help a lot.

Endthefednow
10-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Dr. Paul it is Iowa or bust it would seem by the majority of post, and A Bus Tour would help to make it a Big win!! So, could the Ron Paul Campaign make it happen?:D

10-21-2011, 04:31 PM
We know from the Ames Straw Poll that 2nd, regardless of margin, can be completely ignored in the media.

Winning Iowa could be ignored. They will say we rigged the caucus or winning Iowa doesn't mean anything. It would not surprise me one bit.

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Winning Iowa could be ignored. They will say we rigged the caucus or winning Iowa doesn't mean anything. It would not surprise me one bit.

me either, but now Romney is campaigning there, it is less likely.

10-21-2011, 04:40 PM
me either, but now Romney is campaigning there, it is less likely.

less likely to win or less likely to be ignored?

bluesc
10-21-2011, 04:42 PM
less likely to win or less likely to be ignored?

I would imagine it would be less likely to be ignored. If Romney is campaigning hard there, the media will follow him. Coverage = important.

ZanZibar
10-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Ron Paul's campaign is dead if it finishes fifth in Iowa again, as it did in 2008. At that point, who really cares about Nevada?
Not only does Ron HAVE to win IA, he HAS to come within a 5-8% (10% would be very dangerous) margin of Romney in NH.
1st place is the only acceptable outcome in Iowa.
I personally don't think RP is doomed if he doesn't win Iowa. Say Romney 30%, Paul 27%, etc., other anti-Romney candidates will drop out and RP could get them into his camp for NH putting pressure on Romney. If you look at the past Iowa winners with competitors, half who win end up losing NH and dropping out fairly quickly. Heck, Ronald Reagan lost Iowa in 1980.

RP has to win or barely lose which would be seen as a WIN.

Iowa is totally different than say NH. Iowans want bus tours, hand shakes, etc. so give it to them RP. Show them who is the real leader, true statesman and the real conservative.1st place in Iowa is NOT the end all be all of the election. It is important, but not critical.

How many past Iowa winners actually won the nomination? Go back and look at your history.

Ideally we'll win Iowa. But if we don't that's ok because we'll probably take 2nd. Romney won't win Iowa. And Cain and Perry are on their way down.

We'll definitely come in #2 in NH. We'll win NV and LA. SC probably not, but Romney won't win it either. SC could be Perry territory. Romney might win Florida, but we'll win MN and NV too. That leads us going into Super Tuesday (Mar 6) with no clear victor.

That means we can take it!

10-23-2011, 04:54 PM
1st place in Iowa is NOT the end all be all of the election. It is important, but not critical.

How many past Iowa winners actually won the nomination? Go back and look at your history.

Ideally we'll win Iowa. But if we don't that's ok because we'll probably take 2nd. Romney won't win Iowa. And Cain and Perry are on their way down.

We'll definitely come in #2 in NH. We'll win NV and LA. SC probably not, but Romney won't win it either. SC could be Perry territory. Romney might win Florida, but we'll win MN and NV too. That leads us going into Super Tuesday (Mar 6) with no clear victor.

That's a realistic scenario.

sailingaway
10-23-2011, 04:55 PM
1st place in Iowa is NOT the end all be all of the election. It is important, but not critical.

We win NV over Romney? Hope you're right....

GeorgiaAvenger
10-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Jan 3rd: Iowa
Jan 10th: New Hampshire
Jan 21st: South Carolina
Jan 31st: Florida
Feb 4th: Nevada
Feb 4th-12th: Maine
Feb 7th: Colorado
Feb 7th: Minnesota
Feb 28th: Arizona
Feb 28th: Michigan
Mar 3rd: Washington

What are our chance in these states?

1-Assuming we win Iowa
2-Assuming we get 2nd in Iowa

10-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Jan 3rd: Iowa
Jan 10th: New Hampshire
Jan 21st: South Carolina
Jan 31st: Florida
Feb 4th: Nevada
Feb 4th-12th: Maine
Feb 7th: Colorado
Feb 7th: Minnesota
Feb 28th: Arizona
Feb 28th: Michigan
Mar 3rd: Washington

What are our chance in these states?

1-Assuming we win Iowa
2-Assuming we get 2nd in Iowa

IA 1st or 2nd
NH will be a 2nd, Romney has too much name recognition to overcome
SC 3rd or 4th
FL 3rd or 4th
NV 1st or 2nd
ME 1st or 2nd

the rest I really don't know enough about

this all hinges on Cain being exposed in the next few weeks

wstrucke
10-23-2011, 05:51 PM
It all hinges on us spreading the message to more people more frequently than we have in the past. We have to break 20% in the polls.

rich34
10-23-2011, 05:53 PM
With these later states we'll need a strong Dec. 16th fundraiser. With the right promo vids 4 million could be doable.

RonPaulFever
10-23-2011, 05:55 PM
"The Texas congressman is a longshot for the GOP nomination."

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

clint4liberty
10-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Looking at the GOP 2012 Presidential Primary Calendar: One item is absolutely clear, Non stop retail polticking is key in all the states up to Nevada. Michelle Bachmann, Rick Santorum, etc., are pressing the flesh out in Iowa and NH. Is the Ron Paul 2012 campaign doing the same? We are pouring millions into radio and TV ads, which is very key, but without shaking hands and speaking one and one to individuals it is hard to win Iowa or elsewhere. We need to do a lot of multi day events/townhalls/rallies, but there is a sense from the grassroots we are only gathering with grassroots supports and not undecided or other candidate supporters.