PDA

View Full Version : I like Ron Paul but.... "He can't win"

Sematary
10-21-2011, 06:20 AM
In the last election cycle and in this one, this is the biggest objection I hear when I talk to people. People seem even MORE inclined towards him this time but the drumbeat of "he can't win" or "longshot", etc... you all know what I mean is pressed on in the media and not just the msm. I've NEVER been able to convince people that what the media is telling them is a self fulfilling prophecy and that THEY can change it because they don't believe me. It's frustrating as hell....

bluesc
10-21-2011, 06:25 AM
So they will vote for someone else? If their vote is so useless as they suggest, why not throw it to him anyway? If everyone who said that did, he would win by a landslide.

CaptUSA
10-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Ron Paul is the only one that CAN win. You must press that back to them even harder. If they pick Obama-lite, they will lose.

The more they hear this, the more they'll believe it. If this is a "normal" election, and the red/blue states stay the same with a little fluctuation, Obama will win a second term. The only way to defeat Obama is to have his exact opposite running which is Ron Paul.

With anyone else, it's 50/50. Ron Paul will ruin Obama's fundraising machine. Ron Paul will win the anti-war crowd. Ron Paul will win the honesty vote (the rest of these guys will lie to get elected just like Obama did). Ron Paul is the only one who can win.

Bruno
10-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Everybody likes an underdog. Tell them if they like him but don't vote for him, then the media has won in their attempts to choose our country's candidate for President.

TonySutton
10-21-2011, 06:32 AM
I say "Without your help Ron Paul has doubled his percentage in the polls from 2008 to 2012. Imagine where he would be if all of the people like you would man up and get behind his campaign."

Bern
10-21-2011, 06:35 AM
"I'm glad you like Ron Paul. He will win when everyone who likes him votes for him."

CaptUSA
10-21-2011, 06:38 AM
I say "Without your help Ron Paul has doubled his percentage in the polls from 2008 to 2012. Imagine where he would be if all of the people like you would man up and get behind his campaign."

They just need someone to tell them it's OK. Once that happens, WATCH OUT!

dean.engelhardt
10-21-2011, 06:55 AM
The front runner has less than 24% support of the party. At this point, all candidates are long shots. Why not support the best possible candidate?

CJLauderdale4
10-21-2011, 07:10 AM
They just need someone to tell them it's OK. Once that happens, WATCH OUT!

Funny..I used something like this the other day. I got : let's vote for someone electable. I said: if you vote for Ron Paul, he will be elected. That's how the system works. I know its not what the media is telling you...but it'll be ok...I promise.

qh4dotcom
10-21-2011, 07:22 AM
In the last election cycle and in this one, this is the biggest objection I hear when I talk to people. People seem even MORE inclined towards him this time but the drumbeat of "he can't win" or "longshot", etc... you all know what I mean is pressed on in the media and not just the msm. I've NEVER been able to convince people that what the media is telling them is a self fulfilling prophecy and that THEY can change it because they don't believe me. It's frustrating as hell....

They all need to learn the lesson the hard way...the upcoming economic collapse Ron Paul has been predicting should do the job.

georgiaboy
10-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Ask them, "Who told you he can't win?"

Also, "if everyone who said that they liked Ron Paul but he can't win would actually vote for him, then he would definitely win!"

Also also, "during the primary/caucus at a minimum, you owe it to yourself to vote your conscience and pull the lever for Ron Paul".

nayjevin
10-21-2011, 07:28 AM
- He's got enough money to be one of the few still in the race at election time, and his numbers are rising all the time.
- He's already up to 13% in polls, and that's just the people with landlines. Imagine what happens when all the college kids that only have cellphones show up at the polls.
- It doesn't take 51% of the people - not even close. Because so few people vote.
- Elections aren't horse races. You aren't supposed to try to pick the candidate who will win, but the one with the best policies. Otherwise what purpose is there to voting?

iamse7en
10-21-2011, 07:38 AM
I hear this line every day. They say they don't want to waste their vote, or they don't want to really dig deep and consider RP because he can't win. The MO of the CFR-MSM definitely works.

Todd
10-21-2011, 07:43 AM
I have always said...."then you go ahead and vote for who's going to win then"

Bossobass
10-21-2011, 07:58 AM
I use the piggy-back method. I piggy back off the trillions of dollars spent to advertise to the most consumer population in the history of civilization.

"Register R and vote for Ron Paul. It's FREE! 0% down, 0% interest, ZERO cost. But, only if you ACT NOW! Sale ends Super Tuesday. There will never be a sale like this again!".

Bosso

Johnny Appleseed
10-21-2011, 08:11 AM
The only thing that will change some peoples empty brains is an empty stomach.

nbruno322
10-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Its cause every time the mass media mentions his name they always call him a "libertarian", a code word for unelectable, or "fringe", "radical", "long shot" etc.

Most people don't pay as much attention to politics as anyone on this forum and the constant repetition drills into their head the idea that he can't win despite his (ignored) success on the campaign trail.

Check out this thread for a quick visual representation of the media indirectly and repeatedly putting the "he cant win idea" in the masses minds.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?323162-Being-Labeled-the-quot-libertarian-candidate-quot-by-media-unelectable

donnay
10-21-2011, 09:03 AM
I always say, "Voting your conscience is not a wasted vote!" I also like to point out now, that Dr. Paul is the ONLY candidate with a Budget Proposal (with numbers for anyone to see). "In the budget proposal he is willing to cut back the Presidential salary to $39,000--you think any of the other candidates would do that? C'mon vote your conscience, you know Ron Paul is the only one with a track record loaded with consistent honesty and integrity--that is what this country needs!! Not more of the same! Stop buying into the propaganda and prop-up a real statesmen to lead this country! I'm going to, because my conscience tells me to!"

No One But Paul!!

cindy25
10-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Romney-Rubio, with Big gov Boehner as speaker, Mitch McConnell with 60 seat senate would make Obama seem like the good old days.

Paul is the last, best hope.

RP4Peace
10-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Yes it is frustrating. My colleague who supported Obama thinks the same. As per him, Dr.Paul is too nice to be president. In his view, never in the entire history a nice person became a president.. one can become president only if they play the political game right. In his view Cain playing the game right. First you got to win to apply your principles, so to win you got to talk for the crowd. That's why Romney and Cain are winning. Nobody cares about flip flopping or lying.
Unfortunately, like it or not, its a horse race.. or thats how people look at it. :mad:
We are living in a very sick society friends.. :mad:

Travlyr
10-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Note: The media makes a lot of money off of campaign advertising in newsprint and political TV & radio shows. Their dog in the fight is fighting for its very survival. That's how this illegitimate government works. The Fed prints the money; Lobbyists distribute it to the Politicians who buy the Media ads to keep them in power. Rinse/Recycle/Repeat. Together they are the status-quo. A President Ron Paul will bring major changes which will virtually put them out-of-business.

The 20th century media has always picked the president in the past. The old timers want you to believe that all presidential candidates need their support in order to win. Since the status-quo will not support Ron Paul, then they say he is "unelectable." If they can get enough people to believe that, then they can stretch their existence out past November 2012 and get a few more years of political TV & radio shows along with the campaign advertising dollars.

I don't happen to believe that Ron Paul is unelectable in the high tech world of the 21st century. The Internet is powerful enough to share the truth with enough people that Dr. Paul can win in 2012.

After reading "Liberty Defined", I know I cannot in good conscience vote for anyone else. Assassinations are abhorrent to me and Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that has come out publicly as pro-life for everyone. Ron Paul favors due process under the rule of law.

It's No One But Paul for me.

donnay
10-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Note: The media makes a lot of money off of campaign advertising in newsprint and political TV & radio shows. Their dog in the fight is fighting for its very survival. That's how this illegitimate government works. The Fed prints the money; Lobbyists distribute it to the Politicians who buy the Media ads to keep them in power. Rinse/Recycle/Repeat. Together they are the status-quo. A President Ron Paul will bring major changes which will virtually put them out-of-business.

The 20th century media has always picked the president in the past. The old timers want you to believe that all presidential candidates need their support in order to win. Since the status-quo will not support Ron Paul, then they say he is "unelectable." If they can get enough people to believe that, then they can stretch their existence out past November 2012 and get a few more years of political TV & radio shows along with the campaign advertising dollars.

I don't happen to believe that Ron Paul is unelectable in the high tech world of the 21st century. The Internet is powerful enough to share the truth with enough people that Dr. Paul can win in 2012.

After reading "Liberty Defined", I know I cannot in good conscience vote for anyone else. Assassinations are abhorrent to me and Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that has come out publicly as pro-life for everyone. Ron Paul favors due process under the rule of law.

It's No One But Paul for me.

Well said! I owe you a +rep!