PDA

View Full Version : Revolution PAC Seeks to Own 2012 Web Campaigning

lucent
10-21-2011, 05:20 AM
http://www.revolutionpac.com/2011/10/revolution-pac-seeks-to-own-2012-web-campaigning/

parocks
10-21-2011, 07:07 AM
"“Revolution PAC is the Ron Paul grassroots passion and creativity on steroids,” continues Freeman,"

Really?

Isn't it more like "we're a Super PAC, and we're focused on making and airing good tv commercials"?

Not criticizing the TV commercials.

grassroots passion and creativity on steroids isn't quite the same thing as making tv commercials. Making TV commercials is what a superpac does.

Having a lot of them over there, focused on whatever they all are doing, they're kinda missed over here. Because they know how these grassroots projects work successfully.

CaptUSA
10-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Don't we already OWN the web?

MelissaCato
10-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Ron Paul 2012 !!!

AlexAmore
10-21-2011, 07:59 AM
I can't really support a 3+ minute web commercial. A few reasons that it's flawed:

1. We own the web already.
2. We need to reach out to the real Republican base.
3. We need targeted outreach to NH and Iowa.
4. Nobody online has the patience to sit for a video for 3+ minutes about a candidate they aren't sure about.
5. I got bored as I was just watching text.
6. The whole thing is hypothetical and way over the head of the ignorant masses. It's a great speech by Ron Paul, no doubt. Obviously this video is trying to reach out to the neocon base who aren't sold on Ron Paul. I really would have approached this differently.

You have to ask yourself who are the neocons. Age, gender, location (within NH and Iowa)...etc. How best to reach them? In what way can we address their concerns in a libertarian manner? There certainly are ways to do this but I've never had success with even totally legitimate hypothetical reasoning with ignorant neocons. Logic didn't get to them before, why now?

Here's what I would hammer into their heads repeatedly until they beg for mercy. Military contributions, 9/11 Commission Report, CIA Michael Sheuer, and the DoD. Repetition is key here like anything else. Now I would go offline and hit up NH and Iowa with flyers, billboards, mailers...etc