PDA

View Full Version : "V" is for Victory, and "5" should be for the next Money Bomb

crusader
10-21-2011, 05:02 AM
I've donated over $2000 to Ron so far this year, and I've got 500 more to go.

My plan is to donate the remaining $500 on the 5th of November as the anniversary for the first time I donated to Paul in 2007.

My opinion is that Facebook's lack of a "remind me" feature resulted in probably lots of people who would have donated but didn't, simply because they forgot. If you think about it, the rate we gained Facebook attendees was between 300 to 700 people per day, however, total number of people that were requested to join was close to 50k early on (one month out), and around 200k late in the game. What does this tell us? It tells us that people don't check Facebook everyday, matter of fact, looks like the average person probably checks once per week (regular internet users maybe a few times per day, and internet addicts maybe several times an hour).

So, if they aren't reminded somehow, and they only check on average, once per week, people forget. Even if it was something we all thought was "catchy" like Black this out.

Lets look at the facts from the previous run. There were two good days where the amount raised was significant - 11/05/07 and 12/16/07. My thoughts are that the momentum from the 5th of November led to the frenzy on the 16th of December. Which singles out the question - Why was November the 5th so successful.

I think there are several reasons why, but the three following stick out to me like a sore thumb:
1) The Ron Paul "Cherry" was popped (didn't know that there could be an honest politician)
2) The reason behind the motto "Remember Remember, the 5th of November"
3) I could actually remember the slogan "Remember Remember, the 5th of November" because it rhymes, and its got remember in it twice, which is a plus for simple minded people like myself.

This year, we have critical mass on all three of these, and I think it is a grave mistake not to hold a money bomb on this date.

I know that there are a few people who are concerned about how this will reflect upon Ron Paul supporters, due to #2, but in my opinion, they are going to smear us no matter what we do, so we might as well leverage our best money raising opportunity to stick it to the "man" and go all out.

Anyway, I'm donating November 5th, Money bomb or not.

lucent
10-21-2011, 05:09 AM
November 5th money bomb is banned by the moderators on this forum.

parocks
10-21-2011, 07:26 AM
http://vetsforpaul.com/
Ron Paul's Veterans Day Moneybomb 11.11.11
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311272-11.11.11-Support-The-Troops-Moneybomb-planning-thread
Support The Troops Moneybomb

lucent
10-21-2011, 07:40 AM
http://vetsforpaul.com/
Ron Paul's Veterans Day Moneybomb 11.11.11
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311272-11.11.11-Support-The-Troops-Moneybomb-planning-thread
Support The Troops Moneybomb

Quit pushing it.

orenbus
10-21-2011, 07:53 AM
I've donated over $2000 to Ron so far this year, and I've got 500 more to go.

My plan is to donate the remaining $500 on the 5th of November as the anniversary for the first time I donated to Paul in 2007.

My opinion is that Facebook's lack of a "remind me" feature resulted in probably lots of people who would have donated but didn't, simply because they forgot. If you think about it, the rate we gained Facebook attendees was between 300 to 700 people per day, however, total number of people that were requested to join was close to 50k early on (one month out), and around 200k late in the game. What does this tell us? It tells us that people don't check Facebook everyday, matter of fact, looks like the average person probably checks once per week (regular internet users maybe a few times per day, and internet addicts maybe several times an hour).

So, if they aren't reminded somehow, and they only check on average, once per week, people forget. Even if it was something we all thought was "catchy" like Black this out.

Lets look at the facts from the previous run. There were two good days where the amount raised was significant - 11/05/07 and 12/16/07. My thoughts are that the momentum from the 5th of November led to the frenzy on the 16th of December. Which singles out the question - Why was November the 5th so successful.

I think there are several reasons why, but the three following stick out to me like a sore thumb:
1) The Ron Paul "Cherry" was popped (didn't know that there could be an honest politician)
2) The reason behind the motto "Remember Remember, the 5th of November"
3) I could actually remember the slogan "Remember Remember, the 5th of November" because it rhymes, and its got remember in it twice, which is a plus for simple minded people like myself.

This year, we have critical mass on all three of these, and I think it is a grave mistake not to hold a money bomb on this date.

I know that there are a few people who are concerned about how this will reflect upon Ron Paul supporters, due to #2, but in my opinion, they are going to smear us no matter what we do, so we might as well leverage our best money raising opportunity to stick it to the "man" and go all out.

Anyway, I'm donating November 5th, Money bomb or not.

Sign Bomb is the Fifth, will be donating as well.

http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/

parocks
10-21-2011, 08:03 AM
//

parocks
10-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Quit pushing it.

Quit pushing what?

This is what it is. The 11th. With a Veterans day theme. Vets for Paul is up, it's been settled on for a long time.
Pledges are being taken, etc. Now, Gage and Dusman and Justin Pagewood might want to talk about the pledge page,
to see if anyone wants to see anything done there, to talk about the themes, making everything look great work great, etc.
They should incorporate some type of on the ground event or events right from the start. Veterans Day Moneybomb and Event(s) Support the Troops Moneybomb and
Event(s) or whatever it should be.

parocks
10-21-2011, 08:13 AM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=163195827101460 - this is the facebook page for 11.11.11

lucent
10-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Quit pushing what?

This is what it is. The 11th. With a Veterans day theme. Vets for Paul is up, it's been settled on for a long time.
Pledges are being taken, etc. Now, Gage and Dusman and Justin Pagewood might want to talk about the pledge page,
to see if anyone wants to see anything done there, to talk about the themes, making everything look great work great, etc.
They should incorporate some type of on the ground event or events right from the start. Veterans Day Moneybomb and Event(s) Support the Troops Moneybomb and
Event(s) or whatever it should be.

Decided by who exactly?

lucent
10-21-2011, 08:21 AM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=163195827101460 - this is the facebook page for 11.11.11

Didn't we learn with Black This Out that Facebook events sucked badly and needed to be abandoned altogether?

parocks
10-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Decided by who exactly?

No idea, but it's been up for quite a while. There was a discussion, and then the site was completed.

I don't think it was determined that Facebook would be abandoned. I think de-emphasized.

You really should look around first, especially since these things are usually started somewhere. The planning thread I linked to was started in August.

Nate-ForLiberty
10-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Nov 11 was chosen over Nov 5 months ago. You're late to the party. Also, it's not the mods that have banned Nov 5 talk, but the owner of this forum himself. If you want to do something on Nov 5, please plan it elsewhere.

zHorns
10-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Why we should not promote November 5th :

1. RPF owner has banned promotion of a November 5th Moneybomb event
2. DailyPaul will not be promoting it
3. Official campaign will not be promoting it
4. We have less than 2 weeks
5. Media will say we are extremist looking to violently overthrow the Government
6. Media will call it Guy Fawkes Day
7. You will not raise 6 million like you think, sorry, but it's not going to happen. Moneybombs no longer have that 'new' feel. Plus, we have lost a ton of the anti-war, anti-bush Democrats from the 2007 campaign now that Obama won.
8. And finally, without the help of the established Ron Paul communities it would be nearly impossible to even launch a Moneybomb on that scale.

Donate if you want, like any other day, but can we once and for all please drop the idea of a November 5th Moneybomb?

11.11.11 all the way. Having constant 1-3 million dollar Moneybomb is a huge success.

Nate-ForLiberty
10-21-2011, 10:15 AM

5. Media will say we are extremist looking to violently overthrow the Government
7. You will not raise 6 million like you think, sorry, but it's not going to happen. Moneybombs no longer have that 'new' feel. Plus, we have lost a ton of the anti-war, anti-bush Democrats from the 2007 campaign now that Obama won.
8. And finally, without the help of the established Ron Paul communities it would be nearly impossible to even launch a Moneybomb on that scale.

Donate if you want, like any other day, but can we once and for all please drop the idea of a November 5th Moneybomb?

11.11.11 all the way. Having constant 1-3 million dollar Moneybomb is a huge success.

9. Nov 5th is in two weeks. Having it one week later can make a big difference.

seapilot
10-21-2011, 10:33 AM

I am with crusader on this as are probably many others that will donate on the 5th. We are doing it for personal reasons not manufactured ones. The whole point of Liberty is individual choice. This is a liberty forum is it not. I also do not understand why some people are spending time trying to black out the 5th of Nov. which is going to bring the campaign more money. As mentioned before it does not need to be promoted heavily as many already know.

kushaze
10-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Would have made more money if we had it on the 5th. I am a proud extremist. I am putting the last money I have secretly into the 5th.

TheTyke
10-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Not only the forum leader, but the forum itself voted overwhelming for the 11th to try to win the election, not merely feel rebellious. :)

zHorns
10-21-2011, 11:13 AM
I am with crusader on this as are probably many others that will donate on the 5th. We are doing it for personal reasons not manufactured ones. The whole point of Liberty is individual choice. This is a liberty forum is it not. I also do not understand why some people are spending time trying to black out the 5th of Nov. which is going to bring the campaign more money. As mentioned before it does not need to be promoted heavily as many already know.

Did you even read my post?

I said donate if you want, but the Ron Paul community sites and official campaign are not going to help.

Don't feed me a bunch of individual choice and liberty crap. I don't care what you do.

seapilot
10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Would have made more money if we had it on the 5th. I am a proud extremist. I am putting the last money I have secretly into the 5th.

Ironically by some people trying to sway others not to mention it or donate on a later day is only going to cause more die hards donate on that rememberance day. These are die hard liberty minded folk and nothing gets them more motivated or determined than to tell them they shouldnt or cant do something that they feel is the right thing to do!

V3n
10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
I prefer a "V" and a "3" :)

but for "moneybombs" it's 11/11/11 - for whatever day you want to donate by yourself it's whatever day you want to donate by yourself

Jake Ralston
10-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow what is going on here?

Nate-ForLiberty
10-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Wow what is going on here?

same old bullshit.

crusader
10-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Sign Bomb is the Fifth, will be donating as well.

http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/

Thank you for the link orenbus! I'll focus on the sign bomb and plan to donate in tandem.

orenbus
10-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Not only the forum leader, but the forum itself voted overwhelming for the 11th to try to win the election, not merely feel rebellious. :)

That poll's question was loaded in terms of how it was phrased, Frank Luntz would have been proud. And even still 33% that responded were for the fifth that is not a insignificant number of people on this forum.

asurfaholic
10-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Maybe the moneybomb should start on the 5th, and end with a huge push and a march / signbomb on the 11th.

Appease everyone. Its possible.... lol

CaptainAmerica
10-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Armistice day is better