PDA

View Full Version : We need 2 focus our energies on the ground, especially with Christian voters. Idea inside

akalucas
10-21-2011, 04:46 AM
we are not going to find out what kind of damage Cain has done to himself with the debate attacks, his pro-choice legislative stance and the tax plan confusion during the debates this soon. we wont find out until after this Sunday or maybe two sunday's. the reason is that is when Christians come together to church and talk about this stuff with one another. yes, they go by what fox and what the news tells them at first, but they hold higher regard what their church peers say and what the leaders in their church say. RIght now Cain has a major bump because they havent had time to get together and talk "gossip":P during or after church, after his recent debate and interviews. Same thing happened with perry, he had a big bump in the polls then he made some mistakes during the debates, which brought him down, but not right away. It took some time for word of mouth to spread. it took about 2 weeks after his bad performances until he dropped in the polls. It will be very interesting to see what happens after this weekend, poll wise. if after 2-3 weeks he is still doing great in high christian density areas we are screwd and have an uphill battle but I doubt it because of the tax plan and the abortion thing. Church leaders wont be so nonchalant about it like most christians from the congregations.

I believe we really need to hit the churches if we want some significant movement on the polls. We need people putting ron paul flyers on peoples windshield while they are in church so it can be a topic for them to talk about after church. we dont want them to latch on to another candidate or its over, because once they latch on and theres is a consensus in the church on who they want to back up, its as hard to change their mind, as it is to change a Paulites mind about supporting Dr. Paul. Instead of putting energy in occuping news agencies we need to do something much more productive like occupying christians windshields with flyers when they are in church. It not hard to find churches on google map. If we do this in ohio and hew hampshire this will give us a good 15% point bump. There is no denying Pauls values, voting history and wisdom but they wont be open to him if they already latched on to somebody else. we need to do our own OWS..Occupy WindShields or better yet OCW: occupy christian's windshields lol

Please, somebody run with this idea in those two states...u can say it was ur own lol I dont care. I live in southern Cali but we need this to be organized in ohio and new hampshire

THink of the process that Christians go through with picking a candidate as the process for finding a wife. First they date around and see what's out there (this is the easiest time to convince them of paul), then comes the serious courting time or engagment(still can convince them but takes much more energy, money and boots on the ground). after this they latch on to somebody (marry) and good luck changing their mind. RIght now I believe they're inbetween the dating and courting phase, we need to act now so we can pull as many as we can to Pauls side.

Many people think rush, hannity..etc have the power to move the christian voter but im telling you that's not how it works. The likes of hannity and rush go with wherever the christian wind is blowing. I believe this is the order of CHristian influence: Church leaders>Christian Peers>Radio hosts>Tv news shows. We can bypass the lower two and go directly to Christian Peer and Leaders but mostly peers by hitting the churches with flyers and such. theres a big difference in seeing a ron paul commercial and actually having something in hand to look at and take with u to show friends or use it as a talking topic in a conversation on a lazy sunday afternoon.

If this type of flyer bomb can be organized in ohio and NH every sunday from this weekend till january it will produce results, especially if we start early. If we do this after they have latched on to a candidate it will be too late and will produce very little results.

akalucas
10-21-2011, 05:58 PM
bump for the evening crew

Paulatized
10-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Hmmm, I don't know how they would all feel about coming out of church to find political flyers on their windshields? Although I do agree it is an important voting block. I wish someone had some pull with someone connected with American Family Radio, you know they all put a lot of stock in what they hear on there. They have been pushing Cain lately. James Dobson ending up endorsing Rand after he was given the truth. Mead needs to be contacting church leaders.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Good points
Somebody at my church has a huge RP sticker on their van

BlackTerrel
10-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Point out that Ron Paul is the only one who will stop funding Egypt. I sent this to my mom's email list for her Church.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?324454-Egyptian-Christians-demonstrate-in-LA

akalucas
10-22-2011, 12:41 AM
Point out that Ron Paul is the only one who will stop funding Egypt. I sent this to my mom's email list for her Church.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?324454-Egyptian-Christians-demonstrate-in-LA
This is good. We need them to be able to remember good stuff about Paul when it comes up in conversations, that way when the flavor of the month(Cain) fails them they might pick Paul

akalucas
10-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Hmmm, I don't know how they would all feel about coming out of church to find political flyers on their windshields? Although I do agree it is an important voting block. I wish someone had some pull with someone connected with American Family Radio, you know they all put a lot of stock in what they hear on there. They have been pushing Cain lately. James Dobson ending up endorsing Rand after he was given the truth. Mead needs to be contacting church leaders. I think if the front part of the flyer is tasteful and designed for that specific group it should be received well. Maybe by having Value Voter on the front and have the contents deal with issues that are important to them it might leave more of an impact.

fj45lvr
10-22-2011, 12:47 AM
believe me the zionists are out there posting the hell out of the fear mongering about Paul not "supporting Israel" ..... so sad.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Modernized Christians are disconnected from much of the core Christians.

eleganz
10-22-2011, 12:55 AM
If somebody throws down a PDF link to Christian targeted RP flyers (good ones), I'll print them and hand them out at any local Church that I can.

FYI, I'm not Christian so I don't know all the different types of Christianity...

Let's make this happen! where the Christian flyers at???

akalucas
10-22-2011, 01:34 AM
If somebody throws down a PDF link to Christian targeted RP flyers (good ones), I'll print them and hand them out at any local Church that I can.

FYI, I'm not Christian so I don't know all the different types of Christianity...

Let's make this happen! where the Christian flyers at???

I remember there was some made 4 years ago but we would have to look through old threads...
Im ok at photoshop so ill try to make something happen this week. You guys will prob have to help me out with wording and what statements and issues to put in. Im busy this weekend but ill make a new thread come monday dealing with the contents of this new christian flyer

lucent
10-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Need a brochure like the high quality grassroots one.

gerryb
10-22-2011, 03:29 AM
If you're not a Christian, this is a very bad idea for you to do. Knock on their doors at home, don't meet them outside their church.

Even if you are a Christian, this is a bad idea. Are you a member of their church? Do you go to their events? If not, this is a bad idea for you to do.

Tinnuhana
10-22-2011, 04:41 AM
There are many Christian blogs of all kinds. The people at my church are on FaceBook, so anything I post there, likethe "Life" ad, gets seen.
I agree that if you're not a Christian, "committed" Christians will be able to figure it out pretty fast...unless you're a politician well versed in pulling the wool over the sheeple's eyes.
You could have an honest discussion with a Christian, esp. catholic Christians, about Just War theory. Try to leave the politics out and just talk philosophy.
Someone on the RPFs has a byline about the state of israel funding abortions. I would like a primary source link for that, because that would be a great discussion starter.
The point is, get the discussion going and then let them know your stand and why you're supporting Ron Paul in the Republican Primary.

Sola_Fide
10-22-2011, 04:49 AM
If you're not a Christian, this is a very bad idea for you to do. Knock on their doors at home, don't meet them outside their church.

Even if you are a Christian, this is a bad idea. Are you a member of their church? Do you go to their events? If not, this is a bad idea for you to do.

Agree.

kazmlsj
10-22-2011, 08:31 AM
This is an important source of news for Christians who can't think for themselves. Last election cycle they had Ron Paul as pro-choice on their candidate score-card (that gets handed out in churches) - I wrote to them and told them they were incorrect. The website, CitizenLink (Focus on the Family) is just as enamored with Cain as the rest of the deluded country. I am a Christian (disciple of Christ is what I prefer to be known as - I am embarrassed with the term Christian as it is perceived today) and I am a bit put-off by this website and their head-in-the-sand mentality. BUT perhaps those who attend church can graciously help calrify some things.

God help us...He's the ONLY one who can.

Herman Cain’s Evangelical Star Loses Some Luster
http://www.citizenlink.com/2011/10/20/herman-cain%E2%80%99s-evangelical-star-loses-some-luster/

Cain Clarifies Abortion Position [It must be nice to say something, test the public response and then change your answer to suit those you insulted.]
http://www.citizenlink.com/2011/10/21/cain-clarifies-abortion-position/

Protect Life Act Vote Scheduled for Thursday [Ron Paul is a co-sponsor - not mentioned in article]
http://www.citizenlink.com/2011/10/11/protect-life-act-vote-scheduled-for-thursday/

GOP Hopefuls Speak at Values Voter Summit [Cain is mentioned but not Ron Paul]
http://www.citizenlink.com/2011/10/07/gop-hopefuls-speak-at-values-voter-summit/

Tinnuhana
10-22-2011, 08:47 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=3738885

Here is the link to 33 articles at the site mintioning Ron Paul. Would be nice if there was a place for comments. Wonder what is available over at the main FotF site?

Lymeade-Lady
10-22-2011, 09:54 AM
PLEASE DON'T DO IT ON SUNDAY!

I'm a Christian. I don't know how I'd feel about someone passing out flyers at church on Sunday (or on windshields) but I can tell you my parents would take it as a sure sign that the Ron Paul people where not Christians (ie one of them) since they were out working and not in church. I'd strongly discourage this. You want them to realize it's not just the pot smokers who don't go to church who love Ron Paul. Ron Paul exemplifies a Christian because he is for the TRUTH like no one else. Maybe Wednesday night services? My church doesn't have a Wed. night service, but lots do. People don't have a Biblical reason about not working on Wed AND they know some church don't have Wed. night. If you are at a conservative church (Baptist), you would do well do focus on the abortion issue. This is the litmus test of many conservative Christian voters. Only problem is that you've got to convince them why he is better than the others on it. Maybe something with abortion and economics. Abortion says I can vote for him and economics (1 Trillion) convinces that he is above the others in his sincerity.

Okie RP fan
10-22-2011, 09:57 AM
We need to send out the video of Ron Paul and the "Christian Just War Theory"

I believe it's on www.ronpaulflix.com

Liberty74
10-22-2011, 10:17 AM
60% of Iowan voters are social conservatives...just saying that is how a candidate always wins Iowa.

Hopefully RP is running his pro-life ad there injunction with the recent two.