PDA

View Full Version : You know what I find odd about the Ron Paul Media Blackout?

Karsten
10-21-2011, 02:10 AM
The fact that it only happened during the Ron Paul campaigns. During the inter-campaign era, financial crisis 2008 through campaign announcement 2011, Ron Paul seemed to be getting decent media attention, and positive coverage. In the interviews and mention of him, they seemed to look at him as a sort of economic genius. Former bashers like Beck and Coutler seemed to be coming around. The liberal media who would bash the tea party would instead give RP some respect in interviews.
And during this period it seemed like they were interested in him running again, and were almost rooting for a run. In every interview the question was always asked "Are you running in 2012? Are you running, are you running?" To which Paul would tend to answer "I have no plans for that".

Fox news also obsessively covered Ron Paul's exploratory announcement the day before and the day of.

Once the campaign was actually underway.... well, we all know what happened then.

Believe it or not I actually expected better of the media this time around. I was wrong.

But can anyone back me up on this or explain it or am I just way off base?

InTradePro
10-21-2011, 02:21 AM
You are right it's only during the election. This is because the media and the interest that they work for, don't want to have Dr Paul elected. The main stream media make from the status quo and also from the election process. It's part of the corruption that exist between corporations and the political system. The media are, as Jon Stewart puts it, an activist organisation.

Lord Xar
10-21-2011, 02:26 AM
Just look it here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2pLo8JV5Y

Murdoch admits he manipulates the script. I am sure this is indicative of all the news stations.

This is what we are fighting against.

Karsten
10-21-2011, 02:40 AM
You are right it's only during the election. This is because the media and the interest that they work for, don't want to have Dr Paul elected. The main stream media make from the status quo and also from the election process. It's part of the corruption that exist between corporations and the political system. The media are, as Jon Stewart puts it, an activist organisation.

So why, if they don't want him to be elected, were they so interested in his ideas from late '08-early '11, and seemed to be nudging him on to run again?

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-21-2011, 02:44 AM
So why, if they don't want him to be elected, were they so interested in his ideas from late '08-early '11, and seemed to be nudging him on to run again?

They wanted him to present idea's to hijack.

bunklocoempire
10-21-2011, 02:46 AM
I agree OP. When there isn't anything to distract -like a half dozen idiot candidates- it seems like the truth ante gets upped.

Just look what those idiot candidates are mentioning now (half assed of course). -Forced to mention since someone upped the ante.

There was also the 'Taxed Enough Already' thing going on. I wonder if that isn't why everythings been focused on tax schemes and not spending cuts.

In years past it seemed everyone was trying to "out cut" one another, this time around it's vague (dangerous) tax schemes.

EDIT: The danger for TPTB is direct comparison between Paul and the idiots.

Bunkloco

V3n
10-21-2011, 06:39 AM
He got more media attention 4 years ago.
He got more media attention over the last 4 years.
He got more media attention until he started looking like he could win.
Then they got scared.

Bern
10-21-2011, 06:49 AM
You trying to give them some ideas? delete thread, censor user, etc.

hazek
10-21-2011, 06:55 AM
Simple explanation: rating whores.

But right now blacking him out takes priority over rating whoring so they dialed down a bit.

brenton
10-21-2011, 07:03 AM
You trying to give them some ideas? delete thread, censor user, etc.
what exactly are you referring to? delete this thread? censor thread starter? (or someone else in this thread? who?) i don't see reason for either of those things.

Meiun
10-21-2011, 07:14 AM
what exactly are you referring to? delete this thread? censor thread starter? (or someone else in this thread? who?) i don't see reason for either of those things.

ugh, your sarcasm sensor has failed, back to the shop with ye!

brenton
10-21-2011, 07:24 AM
lol, whoops. guess i'm just a little out of it this morning. happy postings, cheers! :P

Bern
10-21-2011, 09:08 AM

ugh, your sarcasm sensor has failed, back to the shop with ye!

lol, whoops. guess i'm just a little out of it this morning. happy postings, cheers! :P

:D

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 09:10 AM
It felt that way to me, too, like individuals felt bad about it, and as soon as he ended his campaign he was on EVERYWHERE, but particularly the business channels.

Lafayette
10-21-2011, 09:26 AM
IMO its not so much a lack of coverage ( it is that too) its that when they do cover him they lie, or manipulate their coverage like covering 1st and 3rd in a poll where Paul came in 2nd and ignoring him or remove him from the graphic on screen. Then there are things like showing him only raising 3.8 million when he raised 8 or saying Cain raised 8 million when it was Paul.

Dismissing his straw poll wins, and parsing anyone else who wins. Then there is putting quotes in the ticker while they interview him and fill it with something he didn't even say and wasn't even remotely close.

:mad:

The Free Hornet
10-21-2011, 09:47 AM

Who is Glenn Beck without a progressive movment to complain about? Nothing! He will lament the destruction of the US while laughing all the way to the bank. Fixing our problems should be easy but would decimate his support (yes, he will 10% in big chunks until little is left).

Notice how the anti-raise-the-debt-ceiling people are silent regarding Paul's cut the budget 1T plan? Why is this? They are opposed to OBAMA raising the debt ceiling but will be just fine if Romney, Cain, or Perry does the same.

Israel is a smokescreen and an excuse for them to continue to be patriot-act pushing, drug-war progressives. They have ZERO interest in freedom. However, they have EVERY interest in milking the support of those who want freedom.

Rocket80
10-21-2011, 10:18 AM
I would bet Ron has more appearances on CNN and Fox (and FBN) than any of the other candidates, maybe all of them combined. I mean, have you ever seen Romney or Perry on for a quick 5-8 minute appearance with real substantive questions? Maybe I'm missing them, but I don't. So I don't always get the 'black out' thing, it is really weird how the media seems to take RP seriously (or maybe he just gets ratings?) regarding his thoughts on issues, but they don't take him seriously when it comes to winning the Presidency.