PDA

View Full Version : Selection of images paired with Ron Paul in Anderson Cooper segment

Xelaetaks
10-20-2011, 11:42 PM
There are already threads on the segment but this seemed significant enough for a thread and a little weird. It brings to question if CNN is trying to send subliminal messages through their programming.:toady: Watch the video at 5:18 and you will see Bin Laden along with Ron Paul in the images.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FG6BL9iBzA&feature

zHorns
10-20-2011, 11:45 PM
That's a clip from his appearance on AC360. You see Paul's camera feed in the left side of the clip.

If you look at it before it switches to OBL you can see it's the tape from OBL's room. Ron was on and talked about it after they got him.

Xelaetaks
10-20-2011, 11:51 PM
That's a clip from his appearance on AC360. You see Paul's camera feed in the left side of the clip.

If you look at it before it switches to OBL you can see it's the tape from OBL's room. Ron was on and talked about it after they got him.

Ah. Ok word, makes sense. Seemed a little funny seeing Bin Laden there.

Keith and stuff
10-21-2011, 12:02 AM
"The time on the screen is the time since the candidate last spoke." The Anderson showed a click that started at 38:04. Either Anderson lied or was just wrong.

Personally, in all of the other debates I think the moderators purposelessly gave Ron Paul less time. However, in this debate it didn't look like that happened to much extent (maybe a little, though.) This was one of the more fair debates to Ron Paul. IMO, it was even more far then the last debate. The last debate was fair in the questions but not fair in the time amount.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-21-2011, 12:07 AM
"The time on the screen is the time since the candidate last spoke." The Anderson showed a click that started at 38:04. Either Anderson lied or was just wrong.

Personally, in all of the other debates I think the moderators purposelessly gave Ron Paul less time. However, in this debate it didn't look like that happened to much extent (maybe a little, though.) This was one of the more fair debates to Ron Paul. IMO, it was even more far then the last debate. The last debate was fair in the questions but not fair in the time amount.

More fair in terms of time. However, the end was a blatant "F*** you" to Ron Paul. Which completely discredits any sincere deeds they attempted.

jasonxe
10-21-2011, 12:08 AM
^^ Ditto. Other then not getting the last word, im surprise people were complaining. Although my bro who is a new Paulite thought he didn't speak enough lol.

DavidScott
10-21-2011, 12:10 AM
I sometimes get the feeling that whenever Dr. Paul really starts to make a great point about something like Iran, the media puts up that ridiculous info bar with irrelevant biographical information and a bright, patriotic color scheme to distract viewers. It's almost as though they don't want us to hear him tear apart their fickle globalist agenda. While he systematically dissects the fallacies of neoconservatism, the sheep at home take a short break from listening because their eyes are drawn to "Born in PA, 1935, has 5 kids, Recieved his MD from Duke." That kind of behavior from a "fair" news station really PISSES ME OFF.

LibertasPraesidium
10-21-2011, 12:31 AM
The primary issue is that the Grassroots feels that Ron Paul is in the Top Tier and the mainstream media seems to be doing just about anything to discredit him. I took this challenge as an attack. They are using their program to personally come out and attack Ron on a campaign email that was sent to supporters. The statement given by the campaign was perfect.

Why give time to go after him on this specific thing? If you attack a small arm of the argument it makes the rest by proxy irrelevant, trying to draw people's attention to the real issue at hand. The fact that added up between all the news stations Ron Paul has had the least amount of positive press than any other candidate. Specific examples include the fact that they were not present for his Budget plan release, (thought that may or may not be there fault) I'm not sure the campaign issued a statement to all the media outlets. (But not doing so would be ridiculous.) Other examples include some of the thread in http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?305-Media-Spin.

So many times sine Ron Paul announced his candidacy, he has been treated like a second class contender and it's starting to get noticed. Sometimes any coverage is good coverage but not when the msm is trying to discredit the whole of an issue by blowing a small one out of the water.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, and then you win.